(How) Do you use this Tool?  

2 members have voted

1. 1. (How) Do you use this Tool?

• Yes, I use it frequently
    • Well, i used it do crete that one (or two) Part i realy needed
    • I use / used this to generate cfg files / Models for my own MODs
    • No, never used it / Just tested it and didn't like it

1. Not yet

2. It asks for a folder when you export the part, you can choose any folder, but it makes sense to choose the KSP/Parts folder

3. Is this the same question as 2 ? Oh ok, now I get it: Yes, you can

I will have more time now, so I will continue to work on this.

I won't we able to fix odd behaviors in the SPH or VAB since the exported 3d models are ok, so that's an issue with the game.

I will post updates what I am working on more frequently.

1. Not yet

2. It asks for a folder when you export the part, you can choose any folder, but it makes sense to choose the KSP/Parts folder

3. Is this the same question as 2 ? Oh ok, now I get it: Yes, you can

I will have more time now, so I will continue to work on this.

I won't we able to fix odd behaviors in the SPH or VAB since the exported 3d models are ok, so that's an issue with the game.

I will post updates what I am working on more frequently.

It asks for the KSP folder, I couldn't find where it exported to to begin with. Also, I made some modifications to the stock gray clean texture, I changed the stripe color. When I used the part in KSP, it looks very dark at the bottom, about #757575, and the top looks light, about #D9D9D9.

It asks for the KSP folder, I couldn't find where it exported to to begin with. Also, I made some modifications to the stock gray clean texture, I changed the stripe color. When I used the part in KSP, it looks very dark at the bottom, about #757575, and the top looks light, about #D9D9D9.

Yes I have found that as well, the light to dark as you go down the tank gets very annoying, I made just a plain tank and it still goes from light to dark for some reason.

Yes I have found that as well, the light to dark as you go down the tank gets very annoying, I made just a plain tank and it still goes from light to dark for some reason.

Well, I will try to fix this, you can try to change the specPower and rimFalloff values in the 0.dat file (just open with a text editor)

Will there be the possibilty to add a probe module to the part so it can gain control?

Hmm... I will think about it, how much electricity should it use? (choose a fair value)

Ok, you need/want a preview? Help me!

I already made the code, it will display a simple image for every shape (no 3d or live updating, course of multi os support and no use of external libraries)

Ok, choose one shape keep all default values choose the stock gray texture and make a screenshot. Edit it to be 400x400 pixels and save as .png

If everyone reading this and using this tool makes one shape, we will be finish in no time!

ok, forget that red text, I used my advanced MS paint drawing skills :sticktongue: to make some preview immages, they are not beautiful, but they are easy to change later

Edited by Lando

Hmm... I will think about it, how much electricity should it use? (choose a fair value)

Ok, you need/want a preview? Help me!

I already made the code, it will display a simple image for every shape (no 3d or live updating, course of multi os support and no use of external libraries)

Ok, choose one shape keep all default values choose the stock gray texture and make a screenshot. Edit it to be 400x400 pixels and save as .png

If everyone reading this and using this tool makes one shape, we will be finish in no time!

ok, forget that red text, I used my advanced MS paint drawing skills :sticktongue: to make some preview immages, they are not beautiful, but they are easy to change later

Well, what I wanted to ask, if we'll be able to turn the part into a source of control, like probe cores do?

Well, what I wanted to ask, if we'll be able to turn the part into a source of control, like probe cores do?

Yes, i did understand your request, it's not implemented yet, I will add this later.

Version 2.3 is uploaded!

changelog:

- preview

- some GUI changes

- texture spec options

ToDo:

- MK3 & MK2 shapes (can someone find a mk2 part with *.dae model to get the shape?)

- Ring shape (for fairings and decouplers)

- probe core option

Great work Lando!

Some suggestions for improvement:

Move the lines in the centercolumn (from hight, which should be height by the way, till the option to make the part as small as possible) up two lines.

Add the option to make the part 0.20 compatible

Add the option to make the part a probe-'core'

If the first option is marked, PART {} is added in the cfg.

Edited by TheCardinal

Great work Lando!

Add the option to make the part 0.20 compatible

If the first option is marked, PART {} is added in the cfg.

??? If I open the generated cfg it looks like this:

PART
{
name = xxx
module = Part
author = KSP-PartGenerator by Lando
mesh = model.DAE
scale = 1
[...]
}

so PART {} is added by defauld

Add the option to make the part a probe-'core'
ToDo:

- MK3 & MK2 shapes (can someone find a mk2 part with *.dae model to get the shape?)

- Ring shape (for fairings and decouplers)

- probe core option

EDIT: Fixt that hight :sticktongue: sorry, i make this kind of errors when i write in english without focusing

Edited by Lando

Is the RTG function adding (no matter what size of generated part, and always generating 45/min) 1.7 tonnes a bug or feature?

Think the weight of the RTG function should be scaled to it's output, in my opinion.

Edited by Lurven

Is the RTG function adding (no matter what size of generated part, and always generating 45/min) 1.7 tonnes a bug or feature?

Think the weight of the RTG function should be scaled to it's output, in my opinion.

oh, that should be 0.17 :sticktongue:

wil fix it

EDIT: ok in the new version of KSP the RTG has 0.08 tonnes (it was 0.17 in older versions) Uploaded fixed Version! Thanks Lurven

Edited by Lando

Will you add a more customizable RTG feature?

For example, you scale it's output the same way you scale fuel, and the weight/output ratio is the same as now/stock RTGs.

yes, i could do that, oh and decouplers should be scalable, too (explosion force)

and the sas of the command option (will be added soon) should be, too.

but this has low priority.

EDIT: Fixed a bug in the "Cylinder shape" & changed font to Arial since some Mac/Linux users had errors due to that

Edited by Lando

I started a Poll, to see how much people are interested in new releases of this Tool.

The more people use it, the more time I'll spend for updates!

so vote!

(the secound option for counting the users was to include a tracking script in the program, but i didn't do that, to respect your privacy!)

yes, i could do that, oh and decouplers should be scalable, too (explosion force)

and the sas of the command option (will be added soon) should be, too.

but this has low priority.

EDIT: Fixed a bug in the "Cylinder shape" & changed font to Arial since some Mac/Linux users had errors due to that

Ok. Can modify that one myself if needed though ;)

It seems to me this would be useful for creating objects to attach scripts to, that could do all sorts of things.

BTW, Lando, I love your Inflatable Habitat. I send 4 up to be connected to my space station when I get the rest of it up there.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.