Lando

(How) Do you use this Tool?  

2 members have voted

1. 1. (How) Do you use this Tool?

• Yes, I use it frequently
    • Well, i used it do crete that one (or two) Part i realy needed
    • I use / used this to generate cfg files / Models for my own MODs
    • No, never used it / Just tested it and didn't like it

well, if you read the text, It asks for the parts Folder!

This way you can enter any Folder you want (for example your Desktop) and the part will be generated there.

If a user want to use a GameData\Partgen... Folder he can do so. But he could also make a new Folder for a new Project or part category...

You know what I want to say...

well, if you read the text, It asks for the parts Folder!

This way you can enter any Folder you want (for example your Desktop) and the part will be generated there.

If a user want to use a GameData\Partgen... Folder he can do so. But he could also make a new Folder for a new Project or part category...

You know what I want to say...

Yep, and that's how I do it, but I was thinking of both automating the process end-to-end and having the output add the PART{} wrapper in my stead :)

Love the tool BTW.

The Part{} will come with the next release.

I didn't add them this time becouse:

a) it works without them

B) I wanted to get a 20.0 Version out asap

but I will add them, cause

a) maybe they will be required soon

B) there is a reason they introduced this (well, I don't know what reason yet, but there has to be one)

EDIT: Did someone try the new Version on mac / Linux?

Edited by Lando

New version seems to working well on windows.

The only issue is that black line that appears where the texture wraps around and meets the other side.

wETpXlw.jpg

V69ElLe.jpg

That lander is awesome!! I'll copy that xD

I'm not sure what line youre talking about.

Edited by Lando

oh, that line...

Does this happen with all textures?

EDIT: ok, I can see that black line in the first pic if I open that texture in paint, so It's the texture

EDIT2: same with the gold tex (the transperent parts turn green I suppose

I will fix that

Edited by Lando

I thought it was the texture too, but the gold foil doesn't have a black or green line in it.

Edit: If I make the textures wider will that help?

the green line is transperent on the texture, but this turns green in game

I changed them and uploaded them.

you can redownload and just change the textures in the folder, you don't have to regenerate the parts or rebuild your vessel

Yes, I think I found the reason why the old Version didn't work on Linux and mac.

I fixed this in the 23.Mai release and since It works on Linux now, I hope I will run on mac, too.

Here's what I got this time

$ mono /Applications/PartGen\ 2.2.2\ by\ Lando/KSP_PartGen.exe 

Unhandled Exception:
System.ArgumentException: The requested FontFamily could not be found [GDI+ status: FontFamilyNotFound]
at System.Drawing.GDIPlus.CheckStatus (Status status) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Drawing.FontFamily..ctor (GenericFontFamilies genericFamily) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) System.Drawing.FontFamily:.ctor (System.Drawing.Text.GenericFontFamilies)
at System.Drawing.FontFamily.get_GenericSansSerif () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Drawing.Font.CreateFont (System.String familyName, Single emSize, FontStyle style, GraphicsUnit unit, Byte charSet, Boolean isVertical) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Drawing.Font..ctor (System.String familyName, Single emSize, FontStyle style, GraphicsUnit unit, Byte gdiCharSet, Boolean gdiVerticalFont) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Drawing.Font..ctor (System.String familyName, Single emSize, System.String systemName) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) System.Drawing.Font:.ctor (string,single,string)
at System.Drawing.SystemFonts.get_DefaultFont () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Windows.Forms.Theme.get_DefaultFont () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.get_DefaultFont () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.get_Font () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Windows.Forms.Form..ctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at KSP_PartGen.Form1..ctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) KSP_PartGen.Form1:.ctor ()
at KSP_PartGen.Program.Main () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
[ERROR] FATAL UNHANDLED EXCEPTION: System.ArgumentException: The requested FontFamily could not be found [GDI+ status: FontFamilyNotFound]
at System.Drawing.GDIPlus.CheckStatus (Status status) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Drawing.FontFamily..ctor (GenericFontFamilies genericFamily) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) System.Drawing.FontFamily:.ctor (System.Drawing.Text.GenericFontFamilies)
at System.Drawing.FontFamily.get_GenericSansSerif () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Drawing.Font.CreateFont (System.String familyName, Single emSize, FontStyle style, GraphicsUnit unit, Byte charSet, Boolean isVertical) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Drawing.Font..ctor (System.String familyName, Single emSize, FontStyle style, GraphicsUnit unit, Byte gdiCharSet, Boolean gdiVerticalFont) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Drawing.Font..ctor (System.String familyName, Single emSize, System.String systemName) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) System.Drawing.Font:.ctor (string,single,string)
at System.Drawing.SystemFonts.get_DefaultFont () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Windows.Forms.Theme.get_DefaultFont () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.get_DefaultFont () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.get_Font () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Windows.Forms.Form..ctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at KSP_PartGen.Form1..ctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) KSP_PartGen.Form1:.ctor ()
at KSP_PartGen.Program.Main () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

I can't say for sure, but it seems to be hanging on not finding a font that it wants.

I seem to be having a really odd problem. I made a 3.75 hexa part with a height of 950 and it fell through the ground when it loaded. Then I tried again with a 10m wide part and it did the same thing. I'm not sure why this is happening. Further 'testing' shows that the part is solid against other parts, but passes through the ground at the launchpad. I downloaded whatever version was available about an hour ago.

EDIT: It also is solid against the pipes and things laying around the launch pad

I seem to be having a really odd problem. I made a 3.75 hexa part with a height of 950 and it fell through the ground when it loaded. Then I tried again with a 10m wide part and it did the same thing. I'm not sure why this is happening. Further 'testing' shows that the part is solid against other parts, but passes through the ground at the launchpad. I downloaded whatever version was available about an hour ago.

EDIT: It also is solid against the pipes and things laying around the launch pad

does anyone else Have this Problem? is it just the hexa parts? Ill look at that

I'll try to fix that mac error

Thank you for testing!

I have had that issue with the clean cylinders too if I place them directly on the ground at the launch pad.

I haven't tried with the other shapes, but I have also seen similar, though not as sever sinking with other parts both stock and mod parts on that launch pad.

I think it has to do with the rescaleFactor not working properly in 0.20

did this work in 0.19 ?

I did not have that problem, cause I use to have engines or legs atatched to the tanks and I usualy dont crash land XD

Queries:

1. What is the difference between Cylinder (Clean) and regular Cylinder?

2. The texture files contain two "strips" in the template (on the right side) what do these strips affect, visually?

Requests:

1. The ability to add more vertices (and faces) to the shapes. This will allow smoother cylinders, cones, etc. It should be customizable as someone may want a 12-sided cylinder.

2. The ability to add the texture before exporting the item so that the texture can be realized on screen before opening the game.

3. The ability to add command [MODULE]s to the part since 0.20 allows you to start a rocket with any part, but no fly it with any part.

I think this is a great program and it has saved me since 0.20 broke SuperNova's Service Modules; this will hopefully allow me to stop gap until he fixes his model. It has now opened up my eyes to "wobble-less" rockets as well.

Queries:

1. What is the difference between Cylinder (Clean) and regular Cylinder?

2. The texture files contain two "strips" in the template (on the right side) what do these strips affect, visually?

Requests:

1. The ability to add more vertices (and faces) to the shapes. This will allow smoother cylinders, cones, etc. It should be customizable as someone may want a 12-sided cylinder.

2. The ability to add the texture before exporting the item so that the texture can be realized on screen before opening the game.

3. The ability to add command [MODULE]s to the part since 0.20 allows you to start a rocket with any part, but no fly it with any part.

I think this is a great program and it has saved me since 0.20 broke SuperNova's Service Modules; this will hopefully allow me to stop gap until he fixes his model. It has now opened up my eyes to "wobble-less" rockets as well.

1. The Cylinder has some stuctural rings alt The outside / The clean hasnt, ist like The stock jetfuel Tanks

2. They are used for The structural Elements on The cylinder and Other Parts (edges of The hexaparts/i structs/flat Side of The D Type (a tank Schaper like a D))

Here's what I got this time

I can't say for sure, but it seems to be hanging on not finding a font that it wants.

I don't know how to fix that :-(

It could be the font BUT I didn't program it to use a specific font instead it uses the system defould font... Hmmm...

Lando,

What is the formula you use to calculate mass for empty tanks?

I'm trying to put together a custom stage planner that works with your program's outputs so that I can build a completely custom, non-wobbly, efficient rocket.

NASA's formula for predicting propellant tank masses:

Mtank = 10.41 * (Vtank)^0.75

wherein M is in lbs and Volume is cuft.

JSC-26098_Tank_Mass_Estimating.gif

Metric conversion: replace 10.41 with 0.68 to make mass in metric ton and volume in cubic meters.

I haven't plugged numbers in to see if this formula matches, but I would like to know your formula and the reasons behind it if it is different.

Edited by FortyCaliber

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.