Rareden's Projects

Rareden

Rareden, I'm not sure if you're the guy to handle this, but whatever (I'm gonna try). I would like to know if you are able to make a banner or flag for a new series of mods that I will be building. I would like to make a request for 4 flag/banner things........ if that's what you call them. The first request I would like to make is a flag that says "Kerbal-Kea - Flatpack Mods, No Assembly Required" (Yes, my new modding 'company' as such will be Kerbal-Kea). The second request is for a flag that advertises my first mod pack - "Water and Steam - Back to the Past". The third request I would like to make is for a flag that advertises my second mod pack - "Nuclear Fuel Kit - The power of the future". The fourth and final request I would like to make is for a flag that advertises my third mod pack - "OGRE - Oils, Gases, Rockets, Explosions - What more do you want?". Even if you do not accept theses requests, I still thank you for your consideration and time to look at my request.

ToTheMun

sorry flag making is not my area and im going on a break from this

I could see it happening... if Squad threw everything out and bought into the Unreal or Cry engines instead of Unity.

So basically, what rewdew2 said. Hehehe

i dont think either of those engines have enough utility for it, unreal is good for large scale but im not sure it can go this large, cryengine is the best out of any engine for graphics but dosnt do so well for large scale

So...

Rareden,

in your opinion.

Do you think it'd be easier to save up and buy a really expansive computer built with really high specs?

Or would it be easier to buy 2-4 minor computers, and set up a render farm?

4 minor computers say around 1or 2ghz each wont be as effective as a hyperthreaded 3.4ghz cpu, say 9 small computers with 4gb ram and 1ghz cpus will be a lot faster than 3 3ghz machines. i just use the i7 3.4 ghz then switch to a commercial render farm if its needed.

Rareden, you shouldn't have said that you are taking a brake. Now i see people everywhere around the Forum saying stuff like "The greatest Fanartist is gone forever" or "Rareden retired NOOOOO"!

Heh, let the knee-jerk reactions roll. His artwork will skyrocket in value. Next thing you know, it's got a place in some posh New York art gallery, with the presenter going on at-length about the "eccentric life" of the artist, blah blah blah and THIS piece is valued at 1.8 million after his apparent murder/suicide/tapioca-related accident.

Rareden, you shouldn't have said that you are taking a brake. Now i see people everywhere around the Forum saying stuff like "The greatest Fanartist is gone forever" or "Rareden retired NOOOOO"!

Man, i've been here for about 2 larger eras of Fan art.

Blaaaawhaaaa?

This thread just puts what skill in 3D scenes and just right to shame, though if I had my old machine back I'm sure I could do some stuff close to this, but DAYUM this stuff is good, and people ask me to do models for them.. Now feel even more worthless.

Now I have something to aim at beating..

Blaaaawhaaaa?

This thread just puts what skill in 3D scenes and just right to shame, though if I had my old machine back I'm sure I could do some stuff close to this, but DAYUM this stuff is good, and people ask me to do models for them.. Now feel even more worthless.

Now I have something to aim at beating..

Thanks, i only bothered using the games models for this though, never had time to make a full set of proper hd models and textures

waiit what?? where is this, link it

Edited by Rareden

Chobit still does something similar, you just have to know where.

I'm kind of dissapointed at his lack of improvement. All of his recent pictures are way too dark and hide all of the details. I'd like to give advice but I'm considered a "troll".

Anyways to be more on topic, Rareden can I see the material setup of your planetary atmospheres? More precisely, how the gradient works. I can make atmospheric glow, but I don't understand how you made the atmosphere bright white and then sharpley fade to blue and then black. Here's what I have, made in blender, but 3d is like coding. Once you understand one software, you understand the basic features of them all.

4pilDUL.png

I'm kind of dissapointed at his lack of improvement. All of his recent pictures are way too dark and hide all of the details. I'd like to give advice but I'm considered a "troll".

Eh, I respect the stuff he did while here, but in the end he's too elitist and takes himself far too seriously to warrant any attempt at interaction or support.

Back on topic myself, Rareden your work continually demonstrates some pretty epic skills! Even the works-in-progress you post keep inspiring me to have another go at this stuff. I seem to recall somewhere you mentioning that you're self-taught; can you point an aspiring Blender/3Ds newbie to a tutorial resource you might have found particularly eye-opening in the modeling field?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.