[0.22] B9 Aerospace Pack / R4.0c / New pods, IVAs, engines, fuselages & structures

bac9

I'm very impressed with this pack. However, the wings and fuselage don't like to play ball together. The Hienlein (or whatever it's called) SSTO spaceplane's wings love to explode after being in timewarp, or sometimes just at random.

Also, some of the cockpits prove impossible to actually see directly out of. Usually just staring at a non-functional MFD. Nice to look out of, but fairly useless.

Some people report less wing-explodey when the COMOffset lines in the wings are commented out.

Its reduced them here, and so we've disabled it for the next release, though its still possible to create things that explode on warp or flight restart. This is also true in stock. Either way, try it out.\

As far as the cockpits, try double-clicking a window :)

Who's rushin? Im just killin bunnies...and time!

I did new install with 0.20, so I got another day or 2 before I even start needing the B9 parts.

Even then plenty else to do, im not pressed...will be worth the wait

Guys, seriously. Stop pressuring them. Would you rather have a rushed release with poor quality today, or wait a day or three and have a well-polished release with all the parts in?

This. Every topic seems the same. You get a lot of great content for absolutely nothing, so exercising some patience it the least you can do :)

I'm very impressed with this pack. However, the wings and fuselage don't like to play ball together. The Hienlein (or whatever it's called) SSTO spaceplane's wings love to explode after being in timewarp, or sometimes just at random.

Also, some of the cockpits prove impossible to actually see directly out of. Usually just staring at a non-functional MFD. Nice to look out of, but fairly useless.

You can double-click on the windows of the aircraft you're talking about to change the camera. It helps a lot, but you can definitely fly with instruments only using these planes.

Some people report less wing-explodey when the COMOffset lines in the wings are commented out.

Its reduced them here, and so we've disabled it for the next release, though its still possible to create things that explode on warp or flight restart. This is also true in stock. Either way, try it out.\

Out of curiosity, what is the COMOffset doing? I've read your mentions of it several times in reference to reducing the frequency of autocombusting flight surfaces, but what's it relieving? Is this a Gas-ex for wings?

COMOffset offsets the centre of mass (CoM) of a part.

It annoys both me an bac9 that wings in KSP have their centre of mass at the wing root, so were using it to move it to roughly where it should be, but apparently KSP can't deal with wings with the weight where it should be :)

Odd my wings never explode in time warp

wings in KSP have their centre of mass at the wing root

Wow...that don't even seem like a good idea...not even a little. I wonder if this is part of the reason I have never managed to build a plane from stock parts that's flyable...(I know the other part is that Im kinda no good at makin planes)

see how important B9 is? Not only is it great work, but its the only way horrid noob builders like me can make flyable planes!

Whuuuuuuaaaaaa?

*goes to check*

Holy balls! That's amazing! Bravo!

PED3FYWl.png

I might try a version of this with the COM offset stuff removed to see if they don't explode.

KSP 20.1 was just released and one of the things noted is "Tweaked the logic for part-to-part collisions. Things should be much less likely to explode on contact."

Gonna remake my Heinlein with the B9 wings.

Thought that all that new content seemed a bit much for just an incremental update :wink:

The first release was 1.X. The second one for .19 was 2.X. And now that it's .20 it's 3.X. Seems legit for me.

KSP 20.1 was just released and one of the things noted is "Tweaked the logic for part-to-part collisions. Things should be much less likely to explode on contact."

Gonna remake my Heinlein with the B9 wings.

You might want to go back to 0.20.0.

There's a bug in 0.20.1 that causes png textures to need 4x as much memory as they did in 0.19.x and 0.20.0, and B9 (like most mods made since 0.18 part tools came out) is all png.

You might want to go back to 0.20.0.

There's a bug in 0.20.1 that causes png textures to need 4x as much memory as they did in 0.19.x and 0.20.0, and B9 (like most mods made since 0.18 part tools came out) is all png.

Uhh yeah...I'm crashing at loading screen, crash log shows 0 memory available or somesuch...ugh. :(

I'm on Steam version so that's not really an option unfortunately.

Uhh yeah...I'm crashing at loading screen, crash log shows 0 memory available or somesuch...ugh. :(

I'm on Steam version so that's not really an option unfortunately.

squad to the rescue, you can download older versions

EDIT: NEVERMIND YOU NEED A STORE COPY!

Edited by ahd1601

Thought that all that new content seemed a bit much for just an incremental update :wink:

the size of the pack will almost double with this next update, so yeah.... a bit too much is an understatement