[0.22] B9 Aerospace Pack / R4.0c / New pods, IVAs, engines, fuselages & structures

bac9

You might want to go back to 0.20.0.

There's a bug in 0.20.1 that causes png textures to need 4x as much memory as they did in 0.19.x and 0.20.0, and B9 (like most mods made since 0.18 part tools came out) is all png.

I haven't noticed any issues, and I did reinstall just a bit ago (due to some asteroid issues ill not go into)

right now ive hot KAS, Firespitter, mechjeb2, LLL, a couple wayland corp packs, and the temp fix KW and kethane mods...

not sure if those are png. I was getting some memory spikes playing around with ISA dev version of mapsat, but nothing close to 4x normal

guess I should try more parts, see if I start getting issues

did ya notice this with anything else other than B9 parts??

squad to the rescue, you can download older versions

EDIT: NEVERMIND YOU NEED A STORE COPY!

Looks like they added the functionality to Steam itself finally. Have to opt-in to the game's beta or somesuch to have the ability.

I haven't noticed any issues, and I did reinstall just a bit ago (due to some asteroid issues ill not go into)

right now ive hot KAS, Firespitter, mechjeb2, LLL, a couple wayland corp packs, and the temp fix KW and kethane mods...

not sure if those are png. I was getting some memory spikes playing around with ISA dev version of mapsat, but nothing close to 4x normal

guess I should try more parts, see if I start getting issues

did ya notice this with anything else other than B9 parts??

Yes. Tosh's mods, as well as the gemini mod, all of SasquatchM's mods, BobCat, RLA's packs, Puffin tech's packs...

The list keeps going.

Most mod-designers use .png format because that is how the format is convenient, and it works. But now.... I would recommend staying with 0.20 unless you only really have basic-level mod parts (.cfg edits only)

EDIT:

Tavarius, I am wondering if you could release a 2.5.1 version, with the parts set up in the folders for 0.20 (KSP)? This is so that when we make ships, the update to 3.0 will not explode a multi-year mission, or something similar.

Presently I have not run into this PNG memory issue, though maybe I'm just special/lucky. Will this still work with 0.20.1? I'd like to have a trans-Munar space bus going for my trips to drag crap from orbit to orbit and the B9 cockpit looks great.

Presently I have not run into this PNG memory issue, though maybe I'm just special/lucky. Will this still work with 0.20.1? I'd like to have a trans-Munar space bus going for my trips to drag crap from orbit to orbit and the B9 cockpit looks great.

They decided to do content update as well, so its still in the works. Though this 0.20.1 funny stuff may be hampering their efforts, hope it gets sorted soon, though honestly Ive seen only minor issues with very select parts...lucky I guess...Ill probly get hit by a train tomorrow or something

edit: there were some saying that they got the 0.19 pack working for the most part, with a few tweeks, trying skimming back a few pages in this thread....

im gonna wait for the update myself.....so I can drool on the f119 engine =P

Edited by KhaosCorp

It will load fine in 0.20.1, but it will use waaaaaay more memory than it should, so depending on how many other mods you are running and what textures they use you might crash on load from lack of memory.

You can always backup your steam KSP directory and try it out. If it crashes for you, go back 0.20.0. Squad is aware of the issue, so hopefully we'll have a fix soon.

Until then, we've decided not to release 3.0, as loading JUST 3.0 would crash KSP on a 32-bit machine running 0.20.1.

Don't worry, we won't spend the time partying like the patricians we are, we'll spend it making 3.0 better.

... whoops, gotta go, the gladiators are here.

Although I, of course, regret having to wait even a little longer for your sure to be excellent parts, I think that it is a good decision on your part to delay than to have your forum flooded with complaints of people, who have upgraded to 0.20.1, saying their game is crashing.

still not seeing this memory issue everyone is talking about, I have a ton of mods loaded right now too.

just odd how things are not consistent, some people are reporting massive memory problems, others the issue seems minor, seems im not alone and a few people are having no problems...the mind fairly boggles.

hope this aint to big a thorn in yalls side, and squad gets it sorted soon

edit:just a side thought...not even sure if it would be possible (probly not im guessin), but ive never noticed a BOOM! Ive gotten a few things up over the SoS in lower atmosphere...would be awesome to get sonic boom

Edited by KhaosCorp

still not seeing this memory issue everyone is talking about, I have a ton of mods loaded right now too.

just odd how things are not consistent, some people are reporting massive memory problems, others the issue seems minor, seems im not alone and a few people are having no problems...the mind fairly boggles.

hope this aint to big a thorn in yalls side, and squad gets it sorted soon

You're not seeing it like we are because 3.0 is ~2.5x the size of 2.5. With KSP + B9 3.0, 0.20.0 will use 1.9 Gb at load, and 0.20.1 will use 3.1Gb.

Firespitter, which also uses .png textures, is similarly affected.

Your "ton of mods" is probably including stuff like KW Rocketry and KSPX which have never used .png textures and are completely unaffected by the issue.

I see the issue even with B9 v2.5, and the only other parts mod I have is NovaPunch remix, which uses the old .dae models, on top of a handful of plugin mods. What is the memory limit of KSP? I have Win7 and 8GB of RAM, but in guessing it's 32-bit and so can only use ~3GB of RAM.

Any teasers?

Yeah, if 3.0 is 2.5x the size of the previous release it must have a ton of content, and so far all I've seen is the SABRE and the landing lights. Can we have a screenshot of a new part or something to tide us over?

Yeah, if 3.0 is 2.5x the size of the previous release it must have a ton of content, and so far all I've seen is the SABRE and the landing lights. Can we have a screenshot of a new part or something to tide us over?

That--except the polite way I said it.

also the HOME kit, LackLusterLabs, several of Wayland Corp mods, kethane(fix), firespitter, HL airships and runways, most the FusTek stuff and KAS(running a few others 2, but nothing that would effect this, just plugin stuff like protractor).

I did see some higher than normal memory usage with the HLrunways and the lights in the LLL kit....but nothing as horrible as what ive heard from others...im actualy still able to play with the parts listed.

Id go back to 0.20 if I could, but don't think I can through steam

Until then, we've decided not to release 3.0, as loading JUST 3.0 would crash KSP on a 32-bit machine running 0.20.1.

So, are you going to release it once 0.20.2 comes out? Devs said it's just around the corner, it'll include a fix for the PNG bug.

3.0? Foaming at the mouth now. Everyone knows how much I love the B9 parts. It's how I put everything in space now

I know how ya feel.....when I get that f119 im gonna drool so much it probly wont be able to operate till it sits in the sun to dry for an hour or so..

totally understandable not wanting to release under current conditions (would probly break the forums..people trying to 'bug' report)