[0.22] B9 Aerospace Pack / R4.0c / New pods, IVAs, engines, fuselages & structures

bac9

S2 cockpit, the one that have sub and supersonic change, don't have cockpit lights. :(

Why?

Just checked, nope, there are functional window lights. Unless you have a pretty old version of this mod, that is.

Why don't the S3 Cockpit have supersonic transformation anymore? :(

Because the game is not supporting two animations affecting one object at once and cockpit lights were more popular request. Other animation is still included and can be easily reenabled if some solution will appear.

Because the game is not supporting two animations affecting one object at once and cockpit lights were more popular request. Other animation is still included and can be easily reenabled if some solution will appear.

Ah ok, thanks for the quick answer. :)

I should maybe clarify, The Sabre S works just fine but for some reason the M refuses to work. I do use FAR, and I've got TV aerospace installed, also am using mechjeb, Ioncross life support, Ampyear power management, KW rocketry, various other small part mods...

I personally don't see why the Sabre M isn't working, any ideas??

I've tried stack mounts, pylon mounting, even building the engine and just slapping a probe to the side with some fuel and a battery......

I had the same problem, then I uninstalled ioncross & the modulemanager.dll and they started working. Not sure what would be causing the conflict?

I had the same problem, then I uninstalled ioncross & the modulemanager.dll and they started working. Not sure what would be causing the conflict?

Probably MM doesn't know about MODEL {} nodes.

The connections are really quite a bit stabler, even longer chains of S2-parts don't break at first sight. Nice improvement, i just managed to get a 240-ton spaceplane into orbit and still have enough fuel to travel to duna. Lets see how this bucket behaves in low-grav atmospheres^^

Is the TFE engine designed to not work in high speed, high-altitude environments? I had a couple of these on my one jet that also had the vectored thrust engines. The TFE engines had fuel and were showing airflow & air intake, but thrust output was 0.

I hope it's not because the Sabre engines could be overpowered.

The SABREs are very heavy for the mount of thrust they give, so I'm fairly sure they're not :)

I love these little turbofans.

I'm not sure the small podded fans are being very useful there, seeing as they completely stop providing thrust at around 300m/s. We weren't joking when we said they're subsonic.

If i had to nitpick, the space mode of the sabre's is a bit to powerful and efficient at the same time, even more than e.g. KW Rocketry's high efficiency engines. And a bit biggger jet engines would be nice. Although the last one is pretty much solved by the flexibility of the new engines.

I'm not sure what you mean? I only really balanced against stock, not KW, looking at them now against KW and considering the mass of the engines as well as their thrust and Isp they don't seem particularly out of line.

I'm not sure the small podded fans are being very useful there, seeing as they completely stop providing thrust at around 300m/s. We weren't joking when we said they're subsonic.

Ahh yes, you just answered my question! :)

Sorry, i was talking about the S3. and here is my answer, no two animations, and yes, would be great still have the supersonic animations and the lights, but between the two, i choose as it is, the lights.

Thanks Bac9 ;)

Seems i didn't even notice that. They sure managed to catapult my craft up in no time, and their intakes still powered the other engine enough for a jump above 30k+.

I'm not sure what you mean? I only really balanced against stock, not KW, looking at them now against KW and considering the mass of the engines as well as their thrust and Isp they don't seem particularly out of line.

Yeah, i can see it now. I use kw pretty much since the beginning, so i took almost a habit to comparing everything to it^^

Okay, it's not overpowered, just very efficient. And btw, a great concept to include.

On another note, i a found ominous mk4 adapter. A sign of thinks to come?

Edited by Temeter

I am unable to load the Craft Files

I have installed everything

I'm running ksp .20.0.162

For some reason I can't load the SABRE's either.

As was mentioned again and again, you can't use this mod with 0.20.0, only 0.20.2 is supported.

I am unable to load the Craft Files

I have installed everything

I'm running ksp .20.0.162

For some reason I can't load the SABRE's either.

A few pages back or on the first page you can find this:

Second, make sure you have 0.20.2 version of the game, and that version alone! Nothing else is compatible, 0.20 will fail to load these, not to mention 0.19.

Are anyone else having issues taking-off with the D-175 Strugatsky using FAR? It starts to ascend and then fall like a brick the next second, the pic is how it stays on the runway. It has a massive Cd for some reason too.

screenshot2bk.jpg

Hmmm. How come the Sabre S works just fine? Don't they essentially work the same way and the Sabre M is just bigger?

Nope, these are completely different models. I strongly dislike using rescaleFactor duplicates, everything should be of one intended size.