[0.22] B9 Aerospace Pack / R4.0c / New pods, IVAs, engines, fuselages & structures

bac9

Perhaps this question has been addressed before, but what role do the precoolers serve for the Sabre's in the game? I've used engines with and without them, and I've yet to find a discernible difference. Am I missing something?

Gorgeous pack no matter what though; I've been on a spaceplane frenzy all week.

Perhaps this question has been addressed before, but what role do the precoolers serve for the Sabre's in the game? I've used engines with and without them, and I've yet to find a discernible difference. Am I missing something?

Gorgeous pack no matter what though; I've been on a spaceplane frenzy all week.

They're cosmetic. Bac9 wanted to break up the full size of the SABRE engines into the intakes and engines. The pre-coolers are just fo-sho.

Install whichever one has the newest plugin last. Hell, if you have Firespitter as well as B9 you can skip installing the version of the firespitter plugin we provide, so long as you keep firespitter up to date. Its currently at 5.1.1 (Pre5) on spaceport.

We could probably swing it with LookAtFX and FXConstrain but it sounds like a lot of work for a little piston geegaw.

Keep in mind that I use the JS Generic Mod Enabler.

Trying to do a North American X-15 without any sucess, XD

Edited by MR4Y

I've pulled out quite a few of the parts, but this mod is still causing my game to crash whenever I try to load my Mun base

anyone maybe know why?

I'd say it's a memory issue with the game

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/...-get-excessive

Lack, of LLL, gave me this link that has more info on changing texture sizes to help with memory issues

For some reason B9 Compressed Air seems to not be refilling at all on any plane. After I use up the 0.10 that each nozzle starts with, they just stay empty. This happens on all planes I've made with them, and the Vance that came with the pack.

There is some serious issue w. my craft when i use m27 overview cockpit. It took me way too many hours to figure this out but when i replace this cockpit (the most left item in the screenshot) with 2.5 tons (2 kethane drills 1 kethane detector) the craft works just fine.

9.png

This is a ssto interplanetary rover i have and the issue i had with it is that it kept swaying front and back w. unexplainable behavior until i got rid of the command module. I do have a small probe core which i took control from, so i wasn't even controlling this vehicle from the m27 cockpit and it made the craft highly unstable.

The cockpit kept rocking my craft back and forth as stated earlier, is it maybe the orientation of it? I figure that woudln't matter since im not even controlling the vehicle from it.

Edit: the best way i can explain the issue is this. Its as if the m27 cockpit is weightless when i first start the launch as my craft tilts backwards basically 90º from vertical takeoff then it tilts frontwards and doesn't stop.

Edited by protoz

Found two errors. One in P4_Surface.cfg, one in P8_Surface.cfg.

P4_Surface.cfg has one too many "}" brackets after the node list, which ends PART{ prematurely and causes the game to ignore the rest of the config file. This miscategorizes the part into Propulsion while preventing its use in the editor (and possibly when trying to load vessels that use it?)

P8_Surface.cfg set node_stack_bottom01 as 2, 2,... instead of matching the rest of the nodes as 1.875, 1.875,...

Two cents. Thanks for the awesome mod, hope this was helpful.

Error 404 on that link you posted...

I recognize it. Looks like the shortened 'description' version got copied, not the full length link itself.

It's for my thread on the support forum.

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/showthread.php/33694-Updated-to-0-20-2-from-0-20-0-noticed-mods-w-png-has-KSP-RAM-usage-get-excessive

(darn annoying issue to say the least)

Post on the top of page 2, by anarkhon, one bit suggesting to resize pngs down to a max of 512x512, and that 1024x1024 or bigger takes up to much memory.

Lack stated in the LLL thread to resize the pngs down to 256x256, at least for the LLL mod.

Bac9 and Tav, I think there is something wrong with the flood lights....they shine light the planet surface........ from orbit?!! when under time warp.:D

That's KSP. We're set up like the default lights, but its not applying the light fadeoff during warp.

Edit: the best way i can explain the issue is this. Its as if the m27 cockpit is weightless when i first start the launch as my craft tilts backwards basically 90º from vertical takeoff then it tilts frontwards and doesn't stop.

I believe this is an issue with MechJeb and 90° mounted command pods. I had a similar issue.

I recognize it. Looks like the shortened 'description' version got copied, not the full length link itself.

It's for my thread on the support forum.

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/showthread.php/33694-Updated-to-0-20-2-from-0-20-0-noticed-mods-w-png-has-KSP-RAM-usage-get-excessive

(darn annoying issue to say the least)

Post on the top of page 2, by anarkhon, one bit suggesting to resize pngs down to a max of 512x512, and that 1024x1024 or bigger takes up to much memory.

Lack stated in the LLL thread to resize the pngs down to 256x256, at least for the LLL mod.

Anyway this mod could have a modified download for this?

Apparently the control surfaces don't want to work well with pWings.

Trying to make either a replica of a North American X15 or a Bell X1 with no sucess.

Edited by MR4Y

Hey guys... I'm new to the forums and only recently started playing KSP. I discovered and really loved the previous B9 aerospace mod, but I've run into a spot of trouble trying to download this new release. I'm running windows 8, and I tried to install the mod as bac9 instructed. No matter what I tried, I could not get all the parts to appear. I'm missing structural elements, fuselages, and fuel tanks, all of which are pretty much necessary to build the planes that come with this mod. Could someone here maybe help walk me through installing the mod successfully? If you could, that would be really appreciated. Thanks for any help in advance guys.

Hey guys... I'm new to the forums and only recently started playing KSP. I discovered and really loved the previous B9 aerospace mod, but I've run into a spot of trouble trying to download this new release. I'm running windows 8, and I tried to install the mod as bac9 instructed. No matter what I tried, I could not get all the parts to appear. I'm missing structural elements, fuselages, and fuel tanks, all of which are pretty much necessary to build the planes that come with this mod. Could someone here maybe help walk me through installing the mod successfully? If you could, that would be really appreciated. Thanks for any help in advance guys.

Hey guys... I have windows 8, and maybe that's part of the problem, but no matter what I try, I can not get all the parts to show up. I copy the gamedata folder over, try to put everything in it's place... what am I doing wrong?

Hey guys... I have windows 8, and maybe that's part of the problem, but no matter what I try, I can not get all the parts to show up. I copy the gamedata folder over, try to put everything in it's place... what am I doing wrong?

I use Windows 8 as well and all pats are showing.

I use Windows 8 as well and all pats are showing.

How exactly did you install the mod in order for that to happen? I'm missing fuselages and fuel tanks; They just dont show up in any of the parts folders when playing the game.