[0.22] B9 Aerospace Pack / R4.0c / New pods, IVAs, engines, fuselages & structures

bac9

Or they could just Hire Bac9 :sticktongue:
Also a good idea. But the issue with that is you would be stuck following the direction of SQUAD. By remaining independ you can work at your own pace, choose what you develop, etc. You're free a free agent.

That's was a joke on Devo's part, DaedalEVE. They've hired him already.

It looks like i was playing on broken turbofan intakes that were giving 10-20x more intake air then they should of, doesn't look like my designs are gonna work anymore.

30ndlpk.jpg SO i finally have sucess this apears it's goign to be the final design got her balanced otu she flies great once the fuel tank is half drained(as Per expected since its meant to only fly on its way back down whne most its fuel will be depleated) and it fits perfectly in the fairings :) Tada !

fu2il4.jpg

30ndlpk.jpg SO i finally have sucess this apears it's goign to be the final design got her balanced otu she flies great once the fuel tank is half drained(as Per expected since its meant to only fly on its way back down whne most its fuel will be depleated) and it fits perfectly in the fairings :) Tada !

fu2il4.jpg

Nice job looks great

dhcx9e.jpg Flys great too :) i do wish some 1 made a mod so that if an object is in fairings it creates no drag because of fairings and that control surfaces wernt effective within fairings. Edited by Dermeister

WHat idont get is why we need to rely on mods for this game to have proper physics ect O_o i hope they plan to incorporate these basic things in the vanilla releases :(

Yeah, it's because this is an in-progress alpha. I'd recommend not playing till the full game is released, really, otherwise the fixes will seem trivial in comparison to the amount of time you've played for.

WHat idont get is why we need to rely on mods for this game to have proper physics ect O_o i hope they plan to incorporate these basic things in the vanilla releases :(

I had issues where a plane designed with FAR installed will perform better on it than on the stock game.

I had issues where a plane designed with FAR installed will perform better on it than on the stock game.

I don't really call that "issues" :P FAR stuff flies like it's in air, not random magic goop like stock. The only problems that come up are when parts are balanced to allow for the stock game being terrible. You have to take a lot of care designing FAR craft, but having been using it for everything for months I've come to appreciate that too.

I don't really call that "issues" :P FAR stuff flies like it's in air, not random magic goop like stock. The only problems that come up are when parts are balanced to allow for the stock game being terrible. You have to take a lot of care designing FAR craft, but having been using it for everything for months I've come to appreciate that too.

You have a sort of trade. Rockets become harder to control with FAR.

You have a sort of trade. Rockets become harder to control with FAR.

This is true, but then you need less dV to orbit also. However if it doesn't look like a real rocket to some extent ( ie some crazy contraption to hoist a mad lander/factory thing ) it's probably not going to work, which is something I'm still trying to solve... hence my desire for a giant cargo fuselage.

This is true, but then you need less dV to orbit also. However if it doesn't look like a real rocket to some extent ( ie some crazy contraption to hoist a mad lander/factory thing ) it's probably not going to work, which is something I'm still trying to solve... hence my desire for a giant cargo fuselage.

I officially gave up on trying to orbit with the Heinlein. The plane is almost impossible to coontrol.

Hi. This mod pack is awesome guys, great work.

I have a quick question though. Is it possible to install just the Info Drive? I ask this because I have a separate install where I run some mods that are in early development and are being updated often. I don't have B9 installed on that copy, but would like to be able to use the Info Drive. The Info Drive is very handy and would be a great stand alone mod.

Cheers

Hi. This mod pack is awesome guys, great work.

I have a quick question though. Is it possible to install just the Info Drive? I ask this because I have a separate install where I run some mods that are in early development and are being updated often. I don't have B9 installed on that copy, but would like to be able to use the Info Drive. The Info Drive is very handy and would be a great stand alone mod.

Cheers

Firespitter also has the same part as well.

Firespitter also has the same part as well.

Yeah, since I saw the infodrive in Firespitter first I am going to assume that installing the firespitter plugin and either B9 or firespitter infodrive part will do the trick as standalone.

Can we get a craft file? I tried replicating it myself and it kinda epically failed.

YEa :) it's also in it's late dev but perfectly flyable i'm just adjustign the inspace... RCS locations ect to optimize it. http://www.megafileupload.com/en/file/425934/Epoch-Export-for-noobs-craft.html

Keep in miond i only sent you the Vehicle and not the launcher this is meant to be launched in fairing how ever you cna do a normal rollign take off but ive never tried to go to space with out the launchervehicle.I'm tryign diferant launcher designs for it last 1 worked ok but i still want to make it better. Might want to burn a bit of fuel maybe 1/4 of the tank b4 takig noff thoguh or try with full tank... i havent tried a standard take off on the full fuel tank yet.. so youl have to let meknow :)

BTW is there a way to tell my rocket to burn a RCS tank b4 the top ones? because me it burns RCS from all the tanmks at the same tiem but lets say on the launcher rockette i want RCS...and i want the rocket to burn only RCS from RCS o nthe rocket and not on the lander... is it possible with otu havign to go turn of the tanks manually? i wish you coudl add a command to dissable certai ntanks... I looked... u cant.

Edited by Dermeister