[0.22] B9 Aerospace Pack / R4.0c / New pods, IVAs, engines, fuselages & structures

bac9

Not at all, I'm using a (hopefully tested ) "stock" B9 spaceplane. Anyway, I fix it!

I went back through the pages and found a "fix" for the ExsurgentEngineering plugin. I thought I intalled that fix, but turns out I didn't.

It works perfectly fine now :)

You need to switch the Sabre engines to rocket mode.

To do this you can either right click the engines while in flight and select switch mode or make an action group for the engines in the construction warehouse.

The latter option is better.

Hey, thanks a lot! I will try it out right away!

One more thing. I cant seem to find an adapter part which connect the circular "tetragon projects" elements with the hexagonal "tetragon projects" parts. Is that normal? Or maybe i missed it. How does the part look like? Thanks!

Hey, thanks a lot! I will try it out right away!

One more thing. I cant seem to find an adapter part which connect the circular "tetragon projects" elements with the hexagonal "tetragon projects" parts. Is that normal? Or maybe i missed it. How does the part look like? Thanks!

I don't remember a single one hexagonal part in this pack. If you're referring to S2 to HL fuselage adapter, use S2 to 2.5m and 2.5m to HL adapters to connect those systems.

Has anyone been able to make an SSTO with the wide S2 cargo bays? I've been trying but I haven't been able to get it off the ground.

I made one, i got it to the space, but never managed to land back with it. I always lose control as i dive back to the thicker atmosphere(the one where crafts catch fire), the plane starts to spin out of contoll and crash. I dont have the craft file anymore unfortunately cause i got angry and deleted it.

Has anyone been able to make an SSTO with the wide S2 cargo bays? I've been trying but I haven't been able to get it off the ground.

I built one, although I use FAR. It uses the S2W intake section plus a few extras to supply two Sabre Ms, mounted on the LFO 2.5m engine stand. Getting it stable was a trick, and I haven't flown it since 0.9.5 - in there were changes to drag from hull flare, which are apparently pretty tough on the wider B9 parts. I flew it into space, and back down to Kerbin, but botched my landing location (next continent over from the space center!) and had to land in hilly terrain at night. Still, it came down mostly in one piece. :)

Right now I'm working on my passenger shuttle, which uses the standard S2 fuselage.

I made one, i got it to the space, but never managed to land back with it. I always lose control as i dive back to the thicker atmosphere(the one where crafts catch fire), the plane starts to spin out of contoll and crash. I dont have the craft file anymore unfortunately cause i got angry and deleted it.

Shame, least you managed to get it off the ground! Unlike me.

I built one, although I use FAR. It uses the S2W intake section plus a few extras to supply two Sabre Ms, mounted on the LFO 2.5m engine stand. Getting it stable was a trick, and I haven't flown it since 0.9.5 - in there were changes to drag from hull flare, which are apparently pretty tough on the wider B9 parts. I flew it into space, and back down to Kerbin, but botched my landing location (next continent over from the space center!) and had to land in hilly terrain at night. Still, it came down mostly in one piece. :)

Right now I'm working on my passenger shuttle, which uses the standard S2 fuselage.

FAR, that's fine I am using it as well. We have all botched up our landing sites at one point.

Good luck on the passenger shuttle!

Hey Guys. The game states that I have a few parts missing. Anyone please care to help out? I am using version 0.20.2.

B9.Cockpit.S2.Body.Crew

B9.Cockpit.S2.Body.LFO

B9.Cockpit.S2.Body.Fuel

B9.Structure.L1.Ladder

B9.Utility.Light.N2.Red

B9.Utility.N1.Large.White

B9.Aero.Intake.Mount

B9.Aero.Intake.RNM

B9.Cockpit.S2.Control.SAS

B9.Aero.Wing.Controlsurface.SH.2m

B9.Aero.Wing.Controlsurface.SH.4m

B9.Aero.Wing.SW.Winglet.4×2-75m

B9.Control.RCS.Tank.MT4

B9.Control.RCS.Block.R12

B9.Control.RCS.Port.R1

B9.Control.ASAS

B9.Control.RCS.Tank.MT1

I've got a question. I seem to be experiencing a glitch, and I can't figure it out. I've been trying my hand at a large-payload (~40 tons) SSTO with this pack. My problem is I can't get any air-breathing engines to be effective above ~20,000 meters, no matter how many intakes I spam. I figured it was my poor design skills, so I downloaded this plane here: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/showthread.php/34382. Watching the video, he's up at 40,000 meters with air to spare. So I take it for a spin, hit 20,000 meters and flameout. So, is there something I goofed up installing? What would make my intakes not work like that? Also, here's the craft file I've been making, just for reference: Link It will need B9 and KW Rocketry, I don't think I used anything else on that one.

This is driving me nuts, so any help would be great! I just hope it's not me being dense...

Dear Friend, from the version 3.0 of B9 airintakes changed like that

" * Intake stats recalculated using a different formula (factoring the root of mass / 0.01 for unitScalar, and factoring (unitScalar*sqrt(coeff))/(unitscalar+1) into the speed). Nothing changed gameplay-wise, but that will fix improper flow reporting in KSP context windows. Nope, RBM intakes never were 10 times more powerful than others, KSP lied to you. It will continue to lie about air speed though.

"

Spamming Vanilla RamIntakes may solve.

Shame, least you managed to get it off the ground! Unlike me.

Good luck on the passenger shuttle!

I tend to use my stability derivatives quite a bit. If they fit their expected regimes (mostly a question of mousing over numbers and making sure that negative numbers are supposed to be negative, etc.), the plane flies a lot better. I do use MechJeb's Smart A.S.S for flight control, though, which helps a lot. A more finely tuned Avionics unit than is currently available would be good for more stable and controllable flight. I'm thinking that overdamping it might be beneficial.

Thanks for the well wishes, I expect I've got some work ahead of me on the shuttle, since it currently flies... odd. Also, probably needs a better ascent profile, or alternatively, a bunch more fuel...

I have one using the larger S2 cargo parts also. It's awfully sluggish with the latest FAR, but it eventually gets to orbit; adding more wing area often helps. And if you're having re-entry issues, have a couple of fuel tanks at the extremities of the plane & use TAC fuel balancer to shift some fuel around - having some far forwards for re-entry might help.

A passenger shuttle should be ok with a single Sabre M, if you're using the S2 parts still. I tend to use the Firesplitter Mk1 passenger fuselage, you can get up with a single Sabre S then.

I use SmartASS also, although even with tuning MJ's PID controller a bit it's still pretty rough for atmospheric flight.

Edit: just took it up for a test flight.

9092619793_6207167fd0_c.jpg

The wing seems ok, the tail is not sufficient though - had dutch roll issues at high altitude, and then it pitched up and attempted to backflip when I turned the rockets off after transition, although that might be a fuel balance issue also. Still, had enough ballistic energy that I could correct it in time.

I'll try re-entry, that should be amusing.... definitely don't think that little V-tail is sufficient.

Edit 2: re-entry and landing were fine - the extra drag from the latest FAR actually helps a lot with re-entry.

Edited by Van Disaster
More input.

I get a bug when I go back to the VAB or the SPH after a flight, it crashes the game. everything is installed as it should be, i think.

this shows the error in the crash report:

Crash!!!

ERROR: Error while initializing dbghelp.dll, GetLastError: ‘De bewerking is voltooid.’ (Address: 00000000)

========== OUTPUTING STACK TRACE ==================

ERROR: Error while initializing dbghelp.dll, GetLastError: ‘De bewerking is voltooid.’ (Address: 00000000)

========== END OF STACKTRACE ===========

**** Crash! ****

please help, I love this mod but it keeps shutting ksp down

Well, I love B9 Aerospace. Absolutely amazing. I have a question though. Why do I not have any fuselages? I have adapters, but that's about it. I have everything else but fuselages. I know how to install mods to KSP, so I know that I did it correctly. Is there some sort of bug or do I need the old version of B9 to be able to get the fuselages?