[0.22] B9 Aerospace Pack / R4.0c / New pods, IVAs, engines, fuselages & structures

bac9

Hey, that's good news. Here I was waiting too. I guess I'll have to replace all the SABRE engines with RAPIERs though.

The SABREs work fine if you use the latest Firespitter and ExurgentEngineering .dlls instead of the ones that come with the B9 .zip.

The SABREs work fine if you use the latest Firespitter and ExurgentEngineering .dlls instead of the ones that come with the B9 .zip.

Getting the latest ExsurgentEngineering plugin has now been suggested a few times on this thread. However, finding this latest version is not really obvious. At least, it wasn't for me.

Eventually I found this: https://github.com/careo/ExsurgentEngineering.

Is this it?

Another thing:

I just downloaded B9 for the first time a couple of days ago, right after the 0.23 update. When things didn't work as expected I came here. This thread is now 331 pages long, and finding solutions for your problems here is next to impossible.

I think it would be a good thing if popular, high quality mods like this one got their own sub forum. That way the different conversations that are all dumped in this single thread could be split out, and you could have a "sticky" topic at the top with a FAQ...

Getting the latest Exsur

I just downloaded B9 for the first time a couple of days ago, right after the 0.23 update. When things didn't work as expected I came here. This thread is now 331 pages long, and finding solutions for your problems here is next to impossible.

I think it would be a good thing if popular, high quality mods like this one got their own sub forum. That way the different conversations that are all dumped in this single thread could be split out, and you could have a "sticky" topic at the top with a FAQ...

Set your posts-per-page to 50 in your settings. It sounds terrible but it's a lot easier to cut through the chaff, at least in my case. For instance, yeah, I think you're right, this link was in the last page.

Another thing:

Well, there is a General Add-On Discussion subforum...

Also, I'm considering installing this mod, but I'm not sure if I should because someone at the IRC chat said that people with 4GBs of RAM should avoid mods like this and KW Rocketry. But of course, #KSPOfficial is full of jerks, so I'm not sure if I should trust them. Still, I don't want to risk my game running really slow.

Also, I'm considering installing this mod, but I'm not sure if I should because someone at the IRC chat said that people with 4GBs of RAM should avoid mods like this and KW Rocketry.

Not ture. No matter how much RAM you have KSP will never use more then, uh, around 3.5GB i think.

Only thing in your case would be... If you get close to this ceiling value by installing MANY mods (definetly more then just B9) make sure you arent running many background programs.

Also worth mentioning is that B9 hasnt yet officialy been updated to KSP .23 so unless you feel like going through the last 10 or so pages and figuring out how to fix it yourself you should wait for an official update.

Edited by Vrana

Being recommended not to use B9 and KW if you're running with 4GB is absolute and total bull crap. I run with 4GB and have both B9 and KW. OK, I do run them both with their reduced texture packs and have the memory compression mod active but I do not notice any significant drop in performance.

Not ture. No matter how much RAM you have KSP will never use more then, uh, around 3.5GB i think.

Kinda true -- if you have only 4 GB of RAM total, the OS and anything else running at startup will probably take at least 1/4 of that, more if you're using integrated graphics. RAM is cheap right now. If you can put more RAM in your computer, put more RAM in your computer.

The 4GB cap is per-instance basis for 32-bit programs. So if the KSP.exe process tries to take up more than about 3.5GB of RAM, it will crash. Mods like KW, NovaPunch and B9 will drive KSP quickly closer to the limit, but for mod junkies like myself and some of you others out there, you need to go get one of these mods:

These mods actively compress textures before they load into RAM. They have minimal effect on the quality of the textures themselves, but a HUGE effect on the amount of RAM they consume, especially if you're running multiple big parts packs. I run KW, NovaPunch and B9, along with a few dozen other mods, and RAM hovers near 3.4GB constantly.

After installing TextureReplacer?

1.8GB.

Go get it. Now. Why are you still here? :D

is there any way to make a plane similar to this? either i'm stupid or there are no "low angle" delta wings in this pack.

http://theaviationist.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/SR-71-replacement.jpg

Yes, but it takes a bit of work with the angles in game.

Best advice Procedural wings will make that VERY easy. But it can be done in the stock KSP and B9, just turn off snap angles and use the mk1 Eyeball to line everything up.

i was just asking if there where any parts like that, i already knew i could just clip parts in but that's a bit of a pain.

No there are no parts like that. I think because Bac9 knows there are already parts out there that look like that, angle and sweep not color, so he didn't create redundant parts.

PWing is your best bet though.

Only thing in your case would be... If you get close to this ceiling value by installing MANY mods (definetly more then just B9) make sure you arent running many background programs.

Also worth mentioning is that B9 hasnt yet officialy been updated to KSP .23 so unless you feel like going through the last 10 or so pages and figuring out how to fix it yourself you should wait for an official update.

Being recommended not to use B9 and KW if you're running with 4GB is absolute and total bull crap. I run with 4GB and have both B9 and KW. OK, I do run them both with their reduced texture packs and have the memory compression mod active but I do not notice any significant drop in performance.

As I expected it, and it all goes to my newly-made list of reasons to avoid going to #KSPOfficial.

The 4GB cap is per-instance basis for 32-bit programs. So if the KSP.exe process tries to take up more than about 3.5GB of RAM, it will crash. Mods like KW, NovaPunch and B9 will drive KSP quickly closer to the limit, but for mod junkies like myself and some of you others out there, you need to go get one of these mods:

These mods actively compress textures before they load into RAM. They have minimal effect on the quality of the textures themselves, but a HUGE effect on the amount of RAM they consume, especially if you're running multiple big parts packs. I run KW, NovaPunch and B9, along with a few dozen other mods, and RAM hovers near 3.4GB constantly.

After installing TextureReplacer?

1.8GB.

Go get it. Now. Why are you still here? :D

My computer is 64bits ^.^

Also, I use rbray's Active Memory Reduction, but didn't used Texture Replacer because I thought that it was just a pre-made selection of Universe Replacer textures. (I should likely steer away from Universe Replacer, because even the skybox and custom EVA suits alone lagged my game to horrible degrees)

My computer is 64bits ^.^

This is irrelevant, as the version of Unity that Squad uses is 32bit only, thus while your computer may be capable of using more than 4GB of RAM, KSP itself can only make use of 4GB itself.

is there any way to make a plane similar to this? either i'm stupid or there are no "low angle" delta wings in this pack.

http://theaviationist.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/SR-71-replacement.jpg

I would use Procedural Wings in combination with B9 to create that. B9 doesn't have any wings that could accomplish that without some part rotation trickery.