[0.22] B9 Aerospace Pack / R4.0c / New pods, IVAs, engines, fuselages & structures

bac9

Hi, everyone :) I'am new to this forum and write this only because of this mod which is awesome!!! I really made some cool stuff with it so cheers for B9 ;) but I also have some suggestions one of them is to make in future release more tank types (what I mean is that this mod does not have xenon and future blutonium tanks I would like to see them in this mod after 0.20 comes out :) ) also S2W LFO tank need some buff as it is to sparse in resources for its size compared for stack tanks and even S2W LF tank make it like 2x rockmax jumbo tanks or so in .cfg file I can do it myself but it is just a suggestion) also as much as I like MK4 mod and I like that adapter I would like to see MK4 cargo holds and doors maybe even crew section as none of my mining rovers will fit into current cargo hold as they are M27 pit flipped and then modules of rock max jumbo tank size attached to them (simulating future mining rovers) so there is no space for wheels and it barely fits inside it MK4 cargo hold in other hand is ok with this but does not have functionality of doors and other futuristic features that your mod has :) also somebody have mentioned that it would be nice if air s2w air intake and engine part would have alternatives with fuels so ship would be shorter as they get way.. to long s2w cargo hold would be awesome also (maybe even two types one inline like others and other horizontal ??) waiting for reply ;)

Seriously, The HW21 large Wing ALWAYS explode after a warp.

(The notorious FAR bug with spontaneously exploding delta wings is solved completely) <- is from this?

HW21 large Wing does not explode on R3, start exploding from R4: what's changed?, can that be fixed?

Edit:

Also after a game quick save/restore it explode.

In the previous post you have mentioned you are using version 2.4. If that's the case, we can only recommend you to download the latest version: exploding wings were fixed in 2.5.

Uh yeah, so my ship just seems to explode, or the radial tanks that are attached to the HL Fuselage Extension Nose which is itself attacked to the HL cargo bay, just sort of pop off.

WIPCmAh.png

Craft loading bug from the stock game, happened to me many times even with all-stock crafts. Reload a couple of times. Sometimes the crafts are subjected to weird force on loading, causing parts to break off. You can notice it on almost every loading, even successful one, when low-tolerance parts like stock landing legs move around a bit.

Edited by bac9

And yet one more suggestion it would be awesome if s2w would have attachment points on sides like HL parts do so it would be possible to attach HL extender and then VTOL engine to it :) as now my VTOL designs work only with HL parts it work with s2w also but with some tinkering like adding to sides BZ-52 radial attachment point and even then VTOL engine does not attach in (it is green and not obstructed but just don't work) so attaching small fuel tank solves problem but it looks ugly like hell so I don't use it as it spoils your nice parts :D on HL though it looks very nice if you mount on sides HL extension nose -> HL extension adapter -> VTOL you can make beautiful VTOL planes that use same engines for vertical and horizontal flight!

Another option if reloading fails a few times is to bring up the debug menu (Alt+F12) and turn off crash damage while in another screen. Load, let your craft vibrate wildly from whatever it is that's bothering it, and then turn crash damage back on.

I have the following problem with the avionics control - a little wobble. The engines are small hardpoints with a Nacelle on them, 2 stack separator, Intakes and turbojets. Not strutted to the wings or hull in any way. I have just one ACU, no SAS or ASAS modules.

What causes this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EanLMNfHaEE&feature=youtu.be

Edited by smunisto

In the previous post you have mentioned you are using version 2.4. If that's the case, we can only recommend you to download the latest version: exploding wings were fixed in 2.5.

uploads_2013_04_B9_Aerospace_Pack_R2-5 <- I'm currently using this version.

(this is the version history).

uploads_2013_04_B9_Aerospace_Pack_R2-4

B9_Aerospace_Pack_R2-3.zip

uploads_2013_04_B9_Aerospace_Pack_R2-5 <- I'm currently using this version.

(this is the version history).

uploads_2013_04_B9_Aerospace_Pack_R2-4

B9_Aerospace_Pack_R2-3.zip

Then these explosions on loading/coming out of warp are caused by stock game issue. Partial solution is to strut your wing-mounted engines to other parts to give physics system more connections to check. Fundamentally, though, it's up to Squad to fix the problem with parts loading at different time or velocity, causing them to break off. If something exploded, chances are something in the back of your craft came off, collision detection kicked in and that part crashed into another.

I have the following problem with the avionics control - a little wobble. The engines are small hardpoints with a Nacelle on them, 2 stack separator, Intakes and turbojets. Not strutted to the wings or hull in any way. I have just one ACU, no SAS or ASAS modules.

What causes this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EanLMNfHaEE&feature=youtu.be

Stock implementation of ASAS/avionics is very basic and often overcompensating/imprecise, there is only so much you can get from it and it works better with small spacecraft. I'd recommend to use far superior MechJeb control modes, like KILLROT or SURF.

Edited by bac9

Sorry, Hyratel and others if my post is difficult to read. I'am not used to English language and forums :)

The funny thing is, your sentence structure was otherwise fine. Your post was just missing periods :)

Anyway, not sure if this has been mentioned, but the S2 Crew tank doesn't seem to want to attache to the S2 command Pod. It snaps into position, but remains highlighted in red, and won't attach. It works fine if I place another S2 fuselage part, such as the Monoprop tank, between the S2 Command Pod and the crew tank. To summarise.

S2 Command Pod> S2 Crew Tank= No joy

S2 Command Pod> S2 Mono-prop Tank.S2 crew tank> works.

EDIT: This is for the 2M version of the Crew tank, I think the 6M is fine...

The funny thing is, your sentence structure was otherwise fine. Your post was just missing periods :)

Anyway, not sure if this has been mentioned, but the S2 Crew tank doesn't seem to want to attache to the S2 command Pod. It snaps into position, but remains highlighted in red, and won't attach. It works fine if I place another S2 fuselage part, such as the Monoprop tank, between the S2 Command Pod and the crew tank. To summarise.

S2 Command Pod> S2 Crew Tank= No joy

S2 Command Pod> S2 Mono-prop Tank.S2 crew tank> works.

EDIT: This is for the 2M version of the Crew tank, I think the 6M is fine...

For me it works fine with both crew tanks :)

Oh BAC9 I have one more idea for you :) VTOL engine that toggle in angle like v then > . Now engine does this very well but it toggles it in parallel with attachment points not in 90 degrees. Just imagine your engine attached to side of plane facing down and then rotating thrust to back of a plane instead of thrust facing from side to out. :) that could be VS2 VTOL engine or something :)

Craft loading bug from the stock game, happened to me many times even with all-stock crafts. Reload a couple of times. Sometimes the crafts are subjected to weird force on loading, causing parts to break off. You can notice it on almost every loading, even successful one, when low-tolerance parts like stock landing legs move around a bit.

If that's a bug then it is a pretty consistent one as my ship explodes exactly the same way every time now. I turned no crash damage and unbreakable joints on and I get this EVERY TIME

r8XueIS.png

can you please make it the old way, where the normal configs for vannila without-FAR are standard. and if we want to use FAR we can put the far configs in, so that people without FAR dont need to install it to use this mod.

can you please make it the old way, where the normal configs for vannila without-FAR are standard. and if we want to use FAR we can put the far configs in, so that people without FAR dont need to install it to use this mod.

You don't need FAR to use these parts. Bac9 already said that unless you use and have installed FAR, the vanilla game will ignore the FAR components of the part configs. They work just fine for me and I don't use FAR

You don't need FAR to use these parts. Bac9 already said that unless you use and have installed FAR, the vanilla game will ignore the FAR components of the part configs. They work just fine for me and I don't use FAR

oh sorry then, i didnt think the vannila game would do that lol. nvm then.

This is a very awesome mod; thanks for making it. :) I only have one suggestion:

I think that the S2 widebody to narrowbody air intake adapter part should be split up into multiple parts to help bring its performance in-line with the other air intakes. The stock drag model multiplies the part's maximum_drag value by its mass; the stock intakes only include the mass of the intake, while the adapter-intake combo includes the mass of the central adapter section; this leads to the latter having a much larger amount of drag than the former.

Thus, I think that the intakes should be separated from the central adapter so that the S2 widebody parts are more useful; currently it's functionally worse than every other stock intake (though much prettier than those) which makes using it somewhat difficult for me to justify.

It would be really simple to make your own intake adapter for now, though it certainly wouldn't look as pretty; attach the engine adapter imversely and put intakes on those four spots.

edit after hours of playtesting: I really want to use and love this pack, but everything's just too goddamned heavy – especially ****ing adapters – I can't accomplish anything. It also still lacks a lot of useful adapters.

Edited by cardgame

.... I really want to use and love this pack, but everything's just too <beeeeeep> heavy – especially <beeeeeep> adapters ...

What is preventing you from modifying their weight in the part.cfg's if you consider them too heavy??? Personally, I´ve modified one of the adapters to contain fuel because it's illogical to have an empty part.