[0.22] B9 Aerospace Pack / R4.0c / New pods, IVAs, engines, fuselages & structures

bac9

Nope, these are completely different models. I strongly dislike using rescaleFactor duplicates, everything should be of one intended size.

Maybe he meant thrust/mass wise - Don't they share code? Why does ModuleManager like one but not the other when they (appear to) function very similarly?

Hey, awesome update you made there. However, I have the following problem.

When 0.20 came out, I made my own file sorting system in the game data folder as seen here:

36FvK.jpg

Now whenever I put the parts folder out of B9_Aerospace, only a small fraction of the B9 parts show up in the VAB.

How can I implement the B9 parts into my own part sorting structure? No offense, but I don't wanna have to browse through 4 pages of B9 parts to finally find some struts.

Found out what is happening, FAR for some reason thing that the wings are inside the cargo bay so it don't make any lift and it falls like a brick. Removing the side tanks and using the wing directly attached to the HL cargo bay don't change anything.

screenshot5zn.jpg

Also, you can now change the deployed state of the cargo bay in the action group menu. This is really great, thanks!

When 0.20 came out, I made my own file sorting system in the game data folder as seen here:

36FvK.jpg

Now whenever I put the parts folder out of B9_Aerospace, only a small fraction of the B9 parts show up in the VAB.

How can I implement the B9 parts into my own part sorting structure? No offense, but I don't wanna have to browse through 4 pages of B9 parts to finally find some struts.

Don't move B9 parts anywhere, they should stay in GameData/B9_Aerospace/Parts, otherwise model&texture referencing will be broken. Also, GameData/Parts isn't really a valid way to store anything, folders parented to GameData should be project names which, in turn, include part folders, plugins, props, etc. Your system is guaranteed to break some other mods too.

Edited by bac9

All model, config, texture and sound references in the new system are absolute. Doing what you do breaks B9 right now, and will break even more mods in the future as people start using the new features to save memory and disk space.

In other words: Sorry, but you're going to have to deal with installing mods where the creator said they should go, rather than where you want. Squad stuff should be where Squad wanted it, B9 where we want it, and so on.

Or, deal with stuff not working. Feel free to go into every .cfg file of every mod which will use a reference to a sound, other config, model or texture and change every single path, on every update.

Edited by Taverius

Don't move B9 parts anywhere, they should stay in GameData/B9_Aerospace/Parts, otherwise model&texture referencing will be broken. Also, GameData/Parts isn't really a valid way to store anything, folders parented to GameData should be project names which, in turn, include part folders, plugins, props, etc. Your system is guaranteed to break some other mods too.

Well, my system has been working perfectly fine. Let me demonstrate this for you. For instance, this is what's inside my GameData/Parts/02_Propulsion folder:

36HuH.png

This translates ingame into the following:

UpRUtxj.png

Order instead of chaos. Obviously my system is working fine, all mod parts are working as they are supposed to. I've been flying missions and stuff. Doesn't look like an invalid way to store parts, even mod parts.

B9 R3 is the first mod I've encountered, that dictates where the parts are supposed to be stored inside the GameData folder.

Please don't take this as a rant. I admire your work, it's just that I'm trying to figure out a way to arrange all those parts in the VAB. If this is not possible with the latest B9 itteration, then I think I'll just rename my Parts folder in 00_Parts or something like that. Your mod adds a metric crapton of (very beautiful) parts and it's a pain to navigate through the list to get to the parts that I use the most, like struts, fuel lines, adapters etc.

Edited by Honeybadga

That's awesome. That will also break any and all mods using 0.20+ database system features.

At the cost of sounding like a broken record, allow me to repeat myself:

Your organizing system is not compatible with the more advanced features of the KSP mod system. Changing the paths of the files breaks the reference in the configs. You can either:

a) abandon it, and install mods where you were told to install them after being told they would break if you did not.

B) change all the paths on every update.

That's awesome. That will also break any and all mods using 0.20+ database system features.

At the cost of sounding like a broken record, allow me to repeat myself:

Your organizing system is not compatible with the more advanced features of the KSP mod system. Changing the paths of the files breaks the reference in the configs. You can either:

a) abandon it, and install mods where you were told to install them after being told they would break if you did not.

B) change all the paths on every update.

Are you saying there is no way of rearranging parts with the 0.20+ database system? Did Squad put anything on the horizon that will change this? I'm not trying to piss anyone off here, but it has been a real bliss building stuff with my system.

If some sort of filtering or expanded directory system will be added to the editor, there won't be any need to do brute sorting with folder names. I don't know when this will be implemented in stock though. Maybe there are already some mods that can help you organize stuff.

Damn. This part pack is quite possibly TOO good. So many parts, so many uses... I don't know where to start, and so I don't. I thought too much of a good thing is a bad thing was a myth my entire life

I need help. I need an adult. Someone save me it's just too much greatness to handle all by myself

Because the game is not supporting two animations affecting one object at once and cockpit lights were more popular request. Other animation is still included and can be easily reenabled if some solution will appear.

Sjno has made a plugin that allows 2 or more animations for a part in his Firespitter mod. Maybe it could be usefull

Damn. This part pack is quite possibly TOO good. So many parts, so many uses... I don't know where to start, and so I don't. I thought too much of a good thing is a bad thing was a myth my entire life

I need help. I need an adult. Someone save me it's just too much greatness to handle all by myself

That's why there are lots of example crafts with descriptions and whatnot. Load them, fly them, figure what works.

That makes sense, but this is the Kerbal Space Program, I can't do that!

Could use some sort of Cargo ramp tail section for the S2 Cargo, but then again, that is a very narrow Cargo hold, probably not much use in having one now that I think about it

The new engines are really nice, though. Perfect balance of Kerbal and some P&W you'd find on an Airbus, or maybe closer to an old 707

Edited by Sabor

I dont know why anyone would want there mod and folders sorted cause when the mod updates your scratching your head trying to figure out what parts were in that particular mod the way its organized now i go 9 needs to be updated deletes b9 folder and replaces you know XD

Awesome update to this mod. I did have an observation -

While I was looking through the KSP.log, I notice an error "Load(Model): Texture B9_Aerospace/Parts/Aero_Intake_Ramp/model001 not found!" when loading Aero_Intake_Ramp/Mount. I've got the r3.0c release, and there isn't a model001 in that directory. I see the part in the VAB, and it isn't missing any textures, AFAICT.

I'm having a problem with a space station I have that uses mostly B9 parts. Since updating B9 to R3, the station doesn't load correctly. The kerbals on board don't get loaded, and I don't get right-click options for most of the parts that should have them. Also, if I time-warp, the model disappears! It seems to me like the vehicle doesn't finish loading, but I'm not seeing anything in the debug log to help me figure out what might be the culprit. Does anyone have any ideas?

FAR and the cargo bays aren't working properly for me - objects in the HL bay are permanently labelled as shielded, regardless of whether the door is open or closed, whereas stuff in the S2 and S2 Widebody bays is always considered unshielded.

Also, the Mk1 Raised Tail has the wrong model definition (Normal instead of Raised)

I dont know why anyone would want there mod and folders sorted cause when the mod updates your scratching your head trying to figure out what parts were in that particular mod the way its organized now i go 9 needs to be updated deletes b9 folder and replaces you know XD

Yeah, that's why a friend of mine made a small java app that sorts the updated parts into my system automatically.

FAR and the cargo bays aren't working properly for me - objects in the HL bay are permanently labelled as shielded, regardless of whether the door is open or closed, whereas stuff in the S2 and S2 Widebody bays is always considered unshielded.

The S2 issue is due to the parts being named 'cargo hold' instead of 'cargo bay' FARchecks for the latter and will ignore the first. If you change the 'title' line in the .cfg's to replace hold with bay they should work. :)

Maybe he meant thrust/mass wise - Don't they share code? Why does ModuleManager like one but not the other when they (appear to) function very similarly?

Yes. That's what I meant. I didn't mean to offend your design choice or anything! :P