[0.22] B9 Aerospace Pack / R4.0c / New pods, IVAs, engines, fuselages & structures

bac9

Do I spy a B9 Style landing gear?? :)

Finally! Boy was I longing for a descent looking airplane wheel set. Firespitter is good for prop plane but innapropriate for big jets, TTOmniweels is nice but I don't like the texture work, and stock landing gear just don't do it. I like this two-wheel gear in the pic but I hope there will be four wheel or even six wheel trolleys, like those on Airbus A380. I can't wait the next B9 release!

Edited by karbengo

Finally! Boy was I longing for a descent looking airplane wheel set. Firespitter is good for prop plane but innapropriate for big jets, TTOmniweels is nice but I don't like the texture work, and stock landing gear just don't do it. I like this two-wheel gear in the pic but I hope there will be four wheel or even six wheel trolleys, like those on Airbus A380. I can't wait the next B9 release!

Trolleys not possible right now.

oh thank god on the steering... I have alwasy wanted to properly taxi my planes, with the wheel have a motor in it? or will the engines have to be used for taxiing ops

Yes. Very low top speed but torquey. Turn angle uses the FS speed-based turning but peaks @ 45 degrees when youre barely moving. You can do 180 inside the runway bounds.

Hey Taverius... could you do a multi wheel trolley that just rolls... no steering or power? or just power but no steering? or is it a game limitation in the fact that there are multiple wheels vs just one or two?

Trolleys can't done right now. You can do multiple wheels so long as they share the axis, but things like this:

untitled6.png

Cannot be done right now.

Well, you can model them and attach all the wheel colliders, but the trolley won't rotate so that all 4 wheels follow the ground so it would be stupid.

It would require a custom hinge like DR/IR and yet another plugin and frankly its just not worth it.

Power & Steering are toggleable in VAB/SPH Action Group mode or right click menu, and disabled by default.

I just realized how big of a memory hog b9 aerospace is. It doesn't take up a lot of disk space, but almost every single texture is 1024*1024 pixels, and EACH of these take up 4mb of ram! There are even some *2048 textures among them, and they take 16mb of ram! I've just reduced my B9 pack to about a quarter of what it was. It still looks great.

Thats what the Squad Texture Reduction Pack was made for :)

can't live without B9, but i have to install the pack to run all my mods without crashing after some minutes.

I just heard that the B9 reduction pack stripped the specular channels away, and I don't want that, so I did it myself.

Btw the large landing legs in .22 will have suspension, meaning you can land at fairly high vertical speed and the mechanism absorbs some of the force (saw it demoed on the .22 twitch stream marathon), the B9 landing legs and any future landing gear could benefit from something similar I think.

TT's modular multi-wheels comes with some landing gear with very nice suspension, can brake on the runway after landing even in very light planes and the nose just dips instead of the plane doing a front-flip like it does with stock, the stock landing gear supposedly has suspension but it must use a solid shock absorber or something.

OK I've got a some problems with B9.

1. when i Loaf up the VAB or SPH The GUI is all messed up and you can't see anything because there are all of theses shapes and colors every there

2. Some Times KSP Refuses to load and crashes before i get to the Main Menu.

3. When Ever I Try to launch a ship KSP Crashes

WHAT IS GOING ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What I would like to see in 3.4 is modified cross sections of the great fuselages that BAC9 produced to be more inline with real world space planes (nearly flat bottomed-look at bobcats Klipper for an example).

I just heard that the B9 reduction pack stripped the specular channels away, and I don't want that, so I did it myself.

It doesn't do that at all, its just a straight size reduction of the .png files. No channels were harmed in the making of the redux pack. There are some artifacts with the intakes that I've noticed, but other than that I haven't seen any other issues. Cockpit details were left alone as well, just some of the individual props were shrunk.