KIDI- Kerbal Interplanetary Defence Initiative

Currently it is unnamed, and goes by the name of "Zeta"... But here it goes!

Introducing the Zeta-B HEAVY FIGHTER

jFBuzF7.png (image changed due to request from Lazurkri. What? You said you wanted BRIGHTER...)

http://imgur.com/a/u9eGX

This short-range but agile craft comfortable carries a payload of four standard Artemis torpedoes, of which are fully reloadable. Inspired by the "Shade" from Macey Dean's KSP series (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVNZXXTp6dt81aXAoU5Uj3g), the Zeta-B is propelled by a single 909 for times in dire needs for speed, and four PB-Ion thrusters. The Zeta-B is designed for use in orbits of terrestrial bodies (Jool's gravity is probably too big for proper use, however :(. You could probably travel between moons, however.).

Stats are as follows:

Min crew: 1

Max crew: 1

Parts: 80

Mass: 9.53

Fuel: 180 (23+180=203. 23 comes from fuel in torpedoes)

ElectricCharge: 550

Monopropellant: 80

XenonGas: 2800

Armament: 4 Artemis cannons ("dumb" missiles. Perfectly accurate with the right pilot.)

Launch Protocol:

Standard launch. Tilt 45 degrees east at 10km. Keep an eye on outermost tanks. Drop when empty.

Firing Torpedoes:

Manually toggle all LV-1s attached to each torpedo, while all other engines are OFF, and the throttle all the way down. The need for it to be manual is for reloadability. Throttle back up once all selected torpedoes are powered, and press the assigned action group key (below).

Action Keys:

1: Solar arrays (important for ion use)

2: Toggle 909 engine

3: Toggle ion thrusters

8: Fire outer torpedoes (fired in pairs)

9: Fire inner torpedoes

0: Fire ALL torpedoes (make sure all torpedoes have ACTIVE LV-1s.)

Download:

http://www./download/gh4rl6lb16484g3/Zeta_Project-PrototypeB.craft

Edited by Golden Clock Industries
Blame Lazurkri :P

Currently it is unnamed, and goes by the name of "Zeta"... But here it goes!

Introducing the Zeta-B HEAVY FIGHTER

GTaEcabh.png

http://imgur.com/a/u9eGX

This short-range but agile craft comfortable carries a payload of four standard Artemis torpedoes, of which are fully reloadable. Inspired by the "Shade" from Macey Dean's KSP series (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVNZXXTp6dt81aXAoU5Uj3g), the Zeta-B is propelled by a single 909 for times in dire needs for speed, and four PB-Ion thrusters. The Zeta-B is designed for use in orbits of terrestrial bodies (Jool's gravity is probably too big for proper use, however :(. You could probably travel between moons, however.).

Stats are as follows:

Min crew: 1

Max crew: 1

Parts: 80

Mass: 9.53

Fuel: 180 (23+180=203. 23 comes from fuel in torpedoes)

ElectricCharge: 550

Monopropellant: 80

XenonGas: 2800

Armament: 4 Artemis cannons ("dumb" missiles. Perfectly accurate with the right pilot.)

Launch Protocol:

Standard launch. Tilt 45 degrees east at 10km. Keep an eye on outermost tanks. Drop when empty.

Firing Torpedoes:

Manually toggle all LV-1s attached to each torpedo, while all other engines are OFF, and the throttle all the way down. The need for it to be manual is for reloadability. Throttle back up once all selected torpedoes are powered, and press the assigned action group key (below).

Action Keys:

1: Solar arrays (important for ion use)

2: Toggle 909 engine

3: Toggle ion thrusters

8: Fire outer torpedoes (fired in pairs)

9: Fire inner torpedoes

0: Fire ALL torpedoes (make sure all torpedoes have ACTIVE LV-1s.)

Download:

http://www./download/gh4rl6lb16484g3/Zeta_Project-PrototypeB.craft

Uhhhhh. I sense a problem with that pic. a reallllly big, OBVIOUS one. Can you guess what it is?

Long and sarcastic story aside, that pic is REALLY DARK. as in we see NOTHING but the general outline~ can you put a more lit picture please?

In response to increased hostile activity within the Kerbol system, Paradigm Industries has commissioned its first capital ship under the name Project: Dominus. The primary goals for this testbed vessel are that of a standard military capital ship; range, durability, and logistical superiority, with one key difference.

CgrPgSKl.jpg

Project: Dominus is to be armed with reloadable SRB projectiles. Simulation testing has confirmed that the concept is sound, and logistically viable. The current simulated resupply vehicle does not currently take into account the transfer of fuel, only the restocking of Project: Dominus' six STAX SRB projectiles.

xmIjflYl.jpg

Testing of the launch system gives the first SRB launched a superb atmospheric range, reaching the shore at 342 m/s after being released from its test rig.

iGjftAgl.jpg

Prototypes for Project: Dominus are currently in drydock, and will be subjected to further experimentation once a suitable lift vehicle is commissioned. Note that although publicly released images incorporate a KW Rocketry Griffon engine, this configuration is for simulation purposes only, and all produced vessels will be free of module license requirements.

The following image was cleared for release after news broke of the attack on the Spiritwolf Halcyon One colony on Laythe by the Hanland Corporation. It is the hope of Paradigm Industries that this image reach the appropriate Kerbals at Spiritwolf to facilitate reproduction of this design. Paradigm Industries is currently forbidden by the greater Corporation to actively aid any other known space program currently engaged in hostile activities within the Kerbol system, but our hearts and minds go out to our brothers and sisters on Laythe.

KGxS8Izl.jpg

Edited by Varyon

In response to increased hostile activity within the Kerbol system, Paradigm Industries has commissioned its first capital ship under the name Project: Dominus. The primary goals for this testbed vessel are that of a standard military capital ship; range, durability, and logistical superiority, with one key difference.

Project: Dominus is to be armed with reloadable SRB projectiles. Simulation testing has confirmed that the concept is sound, and logistically viable. The current simulated resupply vehicle does not currently take into account the transfer of fuel, only the restocking of Project: Dominus' six STAX SRB projectiles.

Testing of the launch system gives the first SRB launched a superb atmospheric range, reaching the shore at 342 m/s after being released from its test rig.

Prototypes for Project: Dominus are currently in drydock, and will be subjected to further experimentation once a suitable lift vehicle is commissioned. Note that although publicly released images incorporate a KW Rocketry Griffon engine, this configuration is for simulation purposes only, and all produced vessels will be free of module license requirements.

The following image was cleared for release after news broke of the attack on the Spiritwolf Halcyon One colony on Laythe by the Hanland Corporation. It is the hope of Paradigm Industries that this image reach the appropriate Kerbals at Spiritwolf to facilitate reproduction of this design. Paradigm Industries is currently forbidden by the greater Corporation to actively aid any other known space program currently engaged in hostile activities within the Kerbol system, but our hearts and minds go out to our brothers and sisters on Laythe.

You might want to consider posting this in the "missile and torpedo workshop", somewhere around here (perhaps in rocket builders?). That thread was awesome, and this is certainly worthy of it.

Rune. Some big teeth you got there.

Haha, someone else references that series.

Edited by Golden Clock Industries
Cheesy RP PSA is gone.

So i posted this in another weapons thread, but that suddenly disappeared so I'll post it here as well

Most people think Kerbals to be a peaceful(while slightly suicidal) race, but there's an exception to every stereotype. These dark (green?) creatures want to see stuff blow up, the means of doing so is highly discussed, but most agree that a solid fuel booster rocket should do some decent damage.

Pretty simple design. Made with stock parts (exception: mechjeb, engineer redux) and launched with a lifter, 4 rocket capacity, 7000m/s delta-v range. Missiles are controllable :)

Presenting the generic Kerbal Missile Frigate:

y3mcPaG.jpg

Firing:

xpoojUu.png

I didn't post in the torpedo workshop thread because I thought it was dead... It's there now. Maybe better minds than mine can fix some of the issues with this system, like magazine wobble, and a practical service vehicle.

Looks rather easy to kill without the external armor, but it looks good at the same time. With armor would make it look sort of dull.

I made this just for fun, with little thought to actual tactical use. If you want, you can think of it as cheap and easy to manufacture missile boat, and there's always the option to add some structural plates to cover the fuel tanks. :)

reminds me of the "shade" fighters from macey dean's series.... but closer to the sun :sticktongue:

If you're talking about my fighters, that's exactly what they're based off of. :rolleyes: I liked the design of 4 ion thrusters and an 909 for the occasional speed boost. Everything else was chance that it came to be so similar. The Zeta-B is faster, though. And carries two less torpedoes.

Classified Information Ahead

DESIGNATION - PDM-2

MONIKER - Unknown

CREW - Pilot Only

PROPULSION - LV-N Atomic Rocket Engine x8; unknown classified propulsion.

DELTA-V - Classified

TONNAGE - Classified

ARMAMENT - STAX Dockable SRB Warheads x3

ARMOR - Passive and reactive armor of unknown dimensions and composition.

UTILITIES - Clamp-O-Tron Docking Ports x4; Clamp-O-Tron Jr Docking Ports x4; Communotron omnidirectional communications relay; Gigantor XL Solar Array x4; unknown classified utilities.

MODULE LICENSES - None

of7dNFOl.jpg

Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds. - J. Robert Oppenheimer

This is my Starsha class scout vessel StarBlazer, she's a Scout ship equipped with two small front mounted bass guns, two arms as well as an ISA mapsat scanner and ISA GPS locator.

This ship uses mods, said mods are: Pirated Weaponry, ISA Mapsat ,Robotic Arms Pack, Lack Luster Labs 0.09.9, WT-51 Kerbin Transport, lazor system, aviation lights, and the Firespitter pack

Her power is provided by the five nuclear engines mounted at the rear

H3v7grc.pngYf2pZ89.pngQxzwZn9.pngwdGvlYM.png

Edited by TsubasaLegend
missed a mod

It's actually remarkably well-balanced, though it has a tendency to pitch up ever so slightly which I'm trying to mitigate with the M3. ASAS can handle it without RCS assistance, but it's not perfect yet. I'll release craft files when I get it right. As far as fuel balance goes, it has two central tanks (a 200-16 and a 200-32), a 200-16 on top and bottom, and 200-32s left and right. M3 will have 200-32s all around, as well as hopefully a reduced part count. The "reactive" armor nodes are definitely staying, though. More in-depth pictures will be released with the M3 as well, so you can see how the engines are set up.

Back again with another ship people :)

This time its the Jazroth Class Gunboat, assigned to patrol and protect the system while scanning for anomalies, all standard Jazroth Class Gunboats come equipped with two front facing, large bass guns and a sunbeam lazor with lazor system, also included are two ISA mapsat scanners and a ISA matsat GPS locator, once again this ship is powered by the five nuclear engines at the rear.

This ship requires mods: Said mods are; ISA mapsat, Lazor system, Sunbeam lazor, Lack Luster Labs 0.09.9, pirated weaponry, WT-51 Kerbin Transport, aviation lights and The firespitter pack

MAJQXuB.pngU5UfJy2.pngiQpVpU5.png3yhHwBu.pnga9Odv6p.png3pmoEhp.png

NOTE THAT FOR SOME REASON I CAN'T GET THE SUNBEAM TO FIRE, I USE THE LAZOR SYSTEM TO FIRE AS MY MAC DOESN'T HAVE A NUMPAD, I'VE ONLY TESTED IN SPACE BUT THE LAZOR HAS WORKED ON ALL MY GROUND VEHICLES, DOES IT NEED AN ATMOSPHERE TO FIRE OR HAVE I BROKEN SOMETHING SINCE I LAST USED THE SYSTEM? HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED. Thanks

Edited by TsubasaLegend

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.