Challenging YouTubers! w/ HOCgaming and TheMattDennis - Submission Thread

First one to make a boat that can go to the airbase and plant a flag then come back wins rule are you must get your boat fully onto the island (no getting out and swimming to the island with your boat still in the water) and also you must use jet engine for propultion

In the vein of the soon-to-be-released 0.24 release, perhaps a budget mission would be in order? Such as, the person to reach a stable orbit or land on and return from the moon with the cheapest vehicle wins? I'm sure other people have suggested it, I'd just like to add another vote for it.

Fastest unicycle up and down the runway (makes a nice short design challenge but there tricky to turn without falling over)

or

highest altitude in a rover,without jet or rocket engines and limited to the ksc 'light green' area (ie a rover that uses the terrain and launch pad as ramps) f3 will help to judge this

My challenging you tubers idea is that both of you have a specific time limit of your choice to create a ball and make it travel as far down the runway as possible.

The rules are:

the ball must not break.

the ball must stay on the runway at all times.

the ball must not go off the ground (fly or be transporter on top of anything)

if anyone gets it to the end of the runway then they win.

its much harder than you think.

Land a class D on the runway with huge wings, no chutes, and nothing on your plane-roid exploding.

_______

Return a class D to orbit from the surface of Kerbin.

_______

Plug the mohole with an asteroid.

Edited by SneakyRobot

Plane-Limbo:

Build or use a already existing small, agile plane. Taxi it off the runway.

Then build in the SPH the obstacle:

• On the ground there is a kind of shape of an plane in yellow. At the back of the left wing there is a white rectangle.
  • On this rectangle place a row of 6 or more vertical "large girder segments XL". Then mount a "launch stability enhancer" on the left side of the second segment of it.
  • The horizontal element should consist out of 9 girder segments. It should be connected to the top of highest part of the vertical element. On its right side again a stability enhancer is mounted. You should mount (for the visibility in the distance) some "structural panels" vertically on top of the horizontal part.

---> Launch the obstacle an try to fly through it. The landing gear must be retracted. For each succsessful attempt lower the horizontal element (in the SPH) halfway down the length of an "large girder segment XL". Winner is who has an succsessful attempt with an lower horizontal element than the other, otherwise the one who done it first.

In ASCII-Art i am not so good, but as an example how the obstacle should look like:

X = girder

y = launch-clamp

XXXXXXXXXXyy
X y
X y
X y
yyX y
y X y

• 2 weeks later...

A capture and collect mission.

Create objects that will be randomly placed in between Kerbin and the mun. They have to be collected and placed inside a bin created by you that will hold the object. The space ship you create has to be built in 20 minutes and has to have a creative way of capturing the objects (no claws) and has to have enough fuel for the trip. Each player has 3 attempts at there flight with the ability to edit there ship with no more than 3 new parts. Player with most objects in bin wins. Also only 1 canister of SAS fuel. (can be of any size) Objects can be moving at a random direction to add difficulty.

-Mtvput10

:cool:Here's a cool idea, something I know Harv may find a bit hard, but still funny.

Build a Polar Plane, it has to carry a small rover it needs to drop off at the pole, it needs to land intact and then plant a flag when the camera flips.

From James "Llama" Kerman

Challenge: Base Shuttle Racing

Game objective: To shuttle a predefined amount of Kerbals and payloads to a specific series of destinations. A vehicle could be used to transport cargo (Kerbals and payload) to (all in one flight):

1) The top of the VAB.

2) Mission Control Centre.

3) Astronaut complex.

4) Island Airport.

This list can be changed, should you want it to be.

SUMMARY (Just read if you: “don’t want to read paragraphs of textâ€Â):

Basically, you and your opponent must build a craft to ferry payloads (Kerbals included) to a specific series of destinations defined by you and your opponent. The person with the shortest flight time that delivers all the payloads to their destinations wins. The payloads must be dropped off within a predefined radius of the destination.

Technical details (not necessary to read):

Any vehicle, like a plane, rover, VTOL, etc. can be used to transport the predefined amount of payloads to a specific sets of destinations. Use the series above or another of your choice.

The person with the shortest flight time that delivers all the payloads to their destinations wins.

The payloads must be dropped off within a predefined radius of the destinations.

Edited by It'snorocketscience
Added more info.

Place a series of the 2x2 plates after eachother, then try to make a missile that pierces trough as many as possible in one shot, one point for each layer. missile would be restricted in weight, maybe 4 tonnes max?

• 2 months later...

Northern round world trip

build a jet carrier with 2 rovers on board and drop one rover on the north pole and one on the south and land the jet on or close to the landing strip at ksp

you have 35 minutes to build the rover and your aircraft the rovers must be manned .25 or .24.2 preferable you also have 5 tries to build your plane correctly

You have my permsiioon to use high alt thursters due to your time slot and you may only use those only

also you have to launch the rovers in one trip my tip is gain as high alt first for speed and then go towards the north pole first or south what ever you choose

UPDATE* I am trying to say Eject one rover at the north pole keep going until you hit the south pole eject the second rover then bring the jet carrier back to ksp very simple and do able.

ive also got a video on how the carier should work just make sure your weight is balanced when you eject or you might just go belly up and crash oh and srry for the chewig souns I was eating supper at the moment when I was recording

Good luck

Edited by Lego8_bit

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.