Challenging YouTubers! w/ HOCgaming and TheMattDennis - Submission Thread

I know it says no mods:

But here is a challenge:

Build a Plane that only costs 13000 and fly to the alternate runway, land there and return with FAR mod. I have build a plane for 11650 and done it.

It's not easy. But it's possible

Greets

Some Pictures of my try

RqljYFf.png

1OFNj70.png

h7HbGZz.png

W4KZUWH.png

9j717qT.jpg

AUbe19x.png

NdZd16t.png

A thought:

Using only first person perspective or the map perspective (in other words without using the camera focused on the ship) Plant a flag on Minmus and return. Exceptions where needed (i.e. when on the pad or coming on/off an EVA).

Thanks for considering.

Well, I have an idea

The challenge:

Place two four-kerbal landers on the Mun, one at each pole.

The catch:

Each team must be deployed by a sky-crane, and then left behind.

The Rules:

• The landing module deployed at each pole may not itself possess any fuel or engines
  • The sky-crane itself may not be in contact with the ground when the lander is landed
  • Quicksaving is allowed when in a stable Kerbin or Munar orbit
  • The winner is the first person to return their sky-crane to stable Munar orbit after deploying their second Kerbal team

Just thought of something although it requires at least "default" terrain settings.

A Kerbal Nostalgia challenge!

Go to KSC2 land there (you can save on ground) and then launch to space! And then return safety to the Kerbin.

Bonus points if you go to Minmus and return (it takes less Dv for minmus than mun, and it would be a change in scenery).

You can use any engines, wings and docking modules. And you can send as much missions to KSC2 as required - for example to refuel a rocket that went there under its own power.

There are many different ways to approach this challenge, it would be nice to compare what you guys think is the best one to use on such mission.

Build an airliner, using the 0.20 seats for the passengers, that can carry at least 10 Kerbals (not including the crew). The first one (by MET of the plane) to fly over the ocean, land on the continent east of KSC, unload their passengers, and fly back wins. No rockets, SRBs, RCS, or infiniglide bug, and stay in the atmosphere. One stage only. Killing a Kerbal or not completing the trip is disqualification.

send four missiles into orbit with a ship (your own design or a standard design) you must fire one each orbital pass and you get a score based on distance to ksc or a target ship.

the one to get the closest missile wins

Create a micronavigator/exosuit for kerbals to navigate around using parts such as the micro liquid fuel engines, kerbal seats, oscar tanks, etc. And with this make it on top of the VAB. Bonus points if you make it on the flag pole. (Hint: You need something to latch onto the flag pole or insane accuracy.)

btw for the missile challenge i built a rocket capable of taking four Targaryen II missiles into orbit, just tell me if you want the ship file to save the time of having to build one yourselves

yDGpAwG.png

just please no cumulative score since if youre going for closest distance of the four one can come up and win final round.... keeping the challenge until the end

You ans Matt should Build a Rocket that has one person flying it to the Mun and back down. However, when you land back on Kerbin you have to land using a space plane that you build on to the side of the ship. You dont have to have the Mun Lander with it when u land just the Kerbal. Who ever lands back on earth with fewest crashes or within a set time wins. Time would be in-game time. For a higher challenge you have to land with the Mun Lander. (The space plane can be any size, you can also get to space with the plane, land on the Mun, but you have to land back on Kerbal with the Lander. If you think going and landing on the Mun takes to long you can just achieve orbit for an in-game day warp is aloud then land back on Kerbal.)

Hi HOC and Matt try to build and fly a space plane around Kerbin in a strait line from the runway

Rules:

1) once you get above 500m u cant go any lower

2) cant go above 2500m

3) must fly over the runway to win

4) 2 quicksaves MAX

5) can glide to conserve fuel

6) must build a plane no pre made planes

7) must start building at the same time (matt)

you can cut out the build if taking to long and have fun

Hi HOC and Matt try to build and fly a space plane around Kerbin in a strait line from the runway

Rules:

2) cant go above 2500m

To fly right around the world at about 2000m (speed maybe 400ms) would take about 5 hours..

I think you should try and get to duna by slingshoting around the mun and the first one to get a kerbal alive back to kerbin wins (im thinking of an imaginative re-entry like in this video at 1:45- 5:00

)

Build a Kerbal Cannon pointing vertical, and launch a kerb using it. Then, launch a rocket with lots of ladders on it, and try to fly close enough to him so he can grab the ladder, before he hits the ground

Triathlon Challenge land on both the moons and then back to Kerbin planting a flag on each planet as you go.

I got this idea from Matt's video

he outlines the idea of my challenge.

You can use my ship [ https://mega.co.nz/#!OFcSQLpK!bSXDfEbDNNHQNXEhTicIAUM1wdF2LRmHvTocxjZqtK8 ] or make your own. I know that my ship works because i just used it to do this challenge myself.

Picture of the ship er0Dyx4.jpg

The steps of the challenge are as follows:

First Stage of Triathlon

-Get off Kerbin

-Get to the Mun, move a Kerbal to the top ship, take the top ship and land on the Mun, Plant a flag!

Second Stage

-Take the other part of the ship to Minmus, land on Minmus, Plant a flag!

Last stretch

-Take off from Minmus, return to orbit the Mun, then take the ship on the Mun into an orbit and dock (Actually Apollo Style, Matt).

-After docking, return to Kerbin, and Plant a flag

Allowances

-Quick save on first approach to landing on the Mun

-Quick save on first approach to landing on Minmus

-Quick save once during docking

I will (not) post a video of me doing the mission again, the first time I did it, it didn't record for some reason.

I did the mission a second time but my mic is all messed up and nothing I said can be heard but if you want the video you can just message me. I did the Triathlon in 1 hour 45 min you could easily split this into 2 videos end the first when you land on both the moons. Then start the second with taking off, I did mess up the landing on Minmus with an explosion the first time, so it is a good idea to do the quick saves. My mission time was 5 days, 13 hours, something minutes, something seconds.

I think it would be cool if you guys started doing challenging viewers and raced against a leader-board of times on the thread for a specific mission

Edited by xuereb

Be the quickest to land on ALL the Islands off the coast of KSC and return to KSCs runway.

Rules:

1- You must use a craft powered only by jet engines.

2- The craft may not be made beforehand.

3- In order to be "landed", the craft must come to a complete stop.

Edited by RocketPilot573

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.