[0.21.1] KAS v0.4.3 - Struts, pipes, part storage, containers, merged winches & more

KospY

Something wierd with KAS at mun orbit for me. I rebuild craft, launch it again, test at kerbin orbit -all was OK and at mun this happened again . Maybe other mod interfere(I tried to remove some but without changes), maybe it's warp corrupts it. I will try with new clean save but something is not working for me.

ZTKPo1N.jpg

at first picture he is point-blank to part.

Sometimes ports not just yellow but fast blink from yellow to green and when attached it push craft. Something also wierd with menu of grabbed part at first it blinks somewere in corner of screen and then grabbed part at the back is not selectable, you can drop it only by hotkey. Looks like game think part is somewere away or fast moving hither and thither.

Somebody knows what does it?

Edited by zzz

Something still wrong on my end is that no matter how close I am to the craft (I'm basically pushing the Kerbal right into the craft) and yet the marker is still yellow. Please help! How do I fix this?

I've been using Hyperedit for rendezvous to test this as I don't have enough time to keep launching and transferring to check if it'll work. Is this the problem?

Hello.

I'm using the KASModulePartBay module to make some parts with removable external tanks (thinking about maybe using them for life support with Ioncross) but I'm having a problem with what node the part attaches to.

Do stack nodes have to be called node_stack_top or node_stack_bottom? I think that's the issue I'm having as the 'proof of concept' test part I'm using (the half meter bay and fuel tank from the THSS tri-strut mod pack) has multiple top and bottom nodes.

I tried renaming one "node_stack_bay" and "attachNode = bay" as well as "attachNode = node_stack_bay" but the tank is still attaching to the one of the Top named nodes.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

EDIT - I kinda worked around this by leaving the node I wanted it to attach to called "node_stack_top" and giving the others stupid names.

Edit2 - Well that was short lived. If I have something attached to both ends of the stacking bay I cant re-attach the grabbed part for some reason.

Edit3 - I Found this on the Wiki RE-node naming

Edited by King Jareth

Using v0.3.1, just downloaded yesterday, so I assume this is the newest version.

I have a strange problem with the KAS parts in the VAB and SPH editors. For some reason, these parts totally refuse to stick to anything so I can't attach the winches to ships nor the hooks to winches. The KAS parts are always red and transparent, never turning green. In fact, they never react to other parts already on the vehicle at all. They never reorient themselves along the surface but just pass right through the existing vehicle as if it wasn't there as I drag the KAS parts with the mouse.

The only way I can get the KAS parts to be solid and stick to anything else is if the winch is the very first part I select for a new vehicle, instead of the crew pod, and try to build the entire vehicle around it. But this soon runs into problems, such as the inability to relocate the winch or add others.

Any ideas what's causing this? Thanks.

I've got a problem yesterday when i installed the 0.20.2 version with the latest version of KAS. (and also several other plugins including Lazor system, MechJeb, Mission Controller, etc...)

I designed a ship with four radial connect ports (non-dismount-able). and I launched two of them into a same orbit.

When i was controlling one craft and got close to the target (< 500 meters), the relative velocity suddenly started to boost really quickly.

I switched to map mode, and i found that my vessel is in normal state while the target vessel was floating still on the orbit (as if it's horizontal velocity were 0m/s) but when i hovered the mouse onto that target vessel, its velocity still read about 2200m/s.

I also tried to use bracket keys to switch to that target vessel, but once i switched to that vessel, the vessel was not shown in the screen, it's just totally blank in the middle of the screen.

After several seconds, the target vessel suddenly disappeared from my current location and appeared on another place on the same orbit. (IIRC the phase angle after this sudden transport was larger than 60 degrees after me)

I don't know if it's because of KAS (maybe also related to lazor system's view distance settings?). And I could see lots of error messages in the debug console window starting with [KAS]. If you would like to investigate this, i can provide you with the log later.

Edited by HoneyFox

I have a bug report here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aG4EypFc9CY

Anchor that gets ejected is still "attached" to something even after pulling it in, causing some issues as seen in the video.

Hope it's useful.

Edit: Seems to be related to pressing "Docked" if it's on the ground. Putting it in a bay did not solve it.

Edited by Cuel

So I've seen that the EVA Grab and Attach functionality from this mod can be applied to stock parts as well (solar panels, batteries, pods if you like), and I've fiddled with it, it's awesome.

I've also been using Module Manager to overload the stock part files for FAR and the like (modifying parts without touching there configs also rocks), but whenever I try to overload any parts with the EVA Grab and Attach Modules, it doesn't apply them.

Has anybody gotten this working, or have any ideas as to why it doesn't work?

So I've seen that the EVA Grab and Attach functionality from this mod can be applied to stock parts as well (solar panels, batteries, pods if you like), and I've fiddled with it, it's awesome.

I've also been using Module Manager to overload the stock part files for FAR and the like (modifying parts without touching there configs also rocks), but whenever I try to overload any parts with the EVA Grab and Attach Modules, it doesn't apply them.

Has anybody gotten this working, or have any ideas as to why it doesn't work?

Honestly that sounds like its gonna be an issue with ModuleManager not KAS, you may want to ask in that thread as well, though someone here may be able to help.

A work around though, copy the parts. That's what I do, since I don't use ModManager at all. I just copied the few parts I wanted to have the grab/attach function in from squad folders, renamed em, put KAS code in, put em in a separate folder. stock parts remain stock, and I have my little repair kit, its win win

Just wondering... building in the editor & using the radial connector port.. The inline one I can work with to have something that starts out 'docked' (in this case, a rover) But with the radial, is that possible? if you attach the port to the connector (like the excellent instructions illustrate), then.. well.. radial parts need to mount around the edge of something, so that end of it doesn't really have a 'node' for any other parts to snap to. If you go the other way and mount the port to something else first, then that something else needs to be attached to the craft somewhere else, then detached to move.. and when you detach it to move, it's the root node of that part which you're reconnecting, not the port which is on it.

So... yeah.. I guess I've answered my own question. No way to build with a radial port preconnected in an assembly as the example illustrates for the inline?

I've got a problem yesterday when i installed the 0.20.2 version with the latest version of KAS. (and also several other plugins including Lazor system, MechJeb, Mission Controller, etc...)

I designed a ship with four radial connect ports (non-dismount-able). and I launched two of them into a same orbit.

When i was controlling one craft and got close to the target (< 500 meters), the relative velocity suddenly started to boost really quickly.

I switched to map mode, and i found that my vessel is in normal state while the target vessel was floating still on the orbit (as if it's horizontal velocity were 0m/s) but when i hovered the mouse onto that target vessel, its velocity still read about 2200m/s.

I also tried to use bracket keys to switch to that target vessel, but once i switched to that vessel, the vessel was not shown in the screen, it's just totally blank in the middle of the screen.

After several seconds, the target vessel suddenly disappeared from my current location and appeared on another place on the same orbit. (IIRC the phase angle after this sudden transport was larger than 60 degrees after me)

I don't know if it's because of KAS (maybe also related to lazor system's view distance settings?). And I could see lots of error messages in the debug console window starting with [KAS]. If you would like to investigate this, i can provide you with the log later.

Finally found out that it's because of the Lazor's view distance setting. Once i switch it back to default (2250m) the bug doesn't occur anymore.

Something still wrong on my end is that no matter how close I am to the craft (I'm basically pushing the Kerbal right into the craft) and yet the marker is still yellow. Please help! How do I fix this?

I've been using Hyperedit for rendezvous to test this as I don't have enough time to keep launching and transferring to check if it'll work. Is this the problem?

I've had this issue as well. The re-mountable connectors work fine in Kerbin orbit but stop working in Munar orbit. I have yet to test if returning to Kerbin orbit fixes the issue or if it still is present. This has happened with two craft all manually launched and placed into Munar orbit.

Currently salvaging parts from a downed satellite on Minmus to add MOAR solar panels to my electric ship. This mod has made the game's EVA extremely enjoyable.

Two questions: Is it possible to make an item "do something" while you're holding it? A handheld kethane detector would be useful, or 'accidentally' setting off a sepratron on Minmus and saying goodbye to Kerbin orbit...

Is it possible to rotate detached items on a different plane? Unfortunately the solar panels I've grabbed are now stuck on my craft, jutting out at odd angles instead of against the body.

The re-mountable connectors work fine in Kerbin orbit but stop working in Munar orbit.

Maybe it's only for me, or I imagine it, but it's sometimes, somehow related to height of orbit. Below then, I don't know maybe 120ú-150k, I do not remember, it's just yellow, but above it begin flickering and sometimes attach. This was multiple times - I was catching things at elliptical Munar orbit.

Edited by zzz

Is it just me or is it that everything I KASify (apply KAS to, make it grabable) does not want to be grabbed? because I tried to put it on a clamp-o-tron and it failed and it just gave me the set as target option.