TAC Fuel Balancer-DISCONTINUED

TaranisElsu

Release 2.1 is now available! Download here: http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/tac-fuel-balancer-v1-0/

Changes:

1. Hopefully, *cross fingers*, I fixed the Linux mouse bug. Please test it out and let me know. I rewrote the code handling it.
  2. The long overdue compatibility fix for StretchyTanks. Sorry for the delay :(.
  3. Added an x100 button for when you want to transfer a lot of fuel (or Kethane) quickly.

Note that I changed the directory structure. You will need to delete the old directory when upgrading.

{KSP}/ThunderAerospace/TacFuelBalancer

Edited by TaranisElsu

• 3 weeks later...

Changes

* Now works with the Toolbar mod from blizzy78. Not required, but if you have it, the icon will be added to the toolbar instead of being by itself.

Download from http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/tac-fuel-balancer-v1-0/

I need to make another button texture. For now, I just resized the old one to 24x24. Any volunteers?

Edited by TaranisElsu

I use this a lot, and I second the 'stage balance' option, though perhaps just select options for all tanks on that radial symmetry would help? IE able to change the options for all tanks radially symmetric at once.

Also, some ships need multiple fuel balances if things get complex. Would it be possible to save a configuration, then half way through a launch load the next config to change the fuel load? Sometimes you need to hold all the fuel in the final stage, but if you put that all in 'transfer in' when you get down to that stage only it can shift things around based on mounts of engines. I had a core tank, and six radial tanks, all in the final stage. I put them all on 'transfer in' and it helped keep the previous stage running right. Unfortunately the main engines for that final stage were on the radial tanks, so drew from the center tank (based on the normal fuel lines) and I had secondary nuke engines on the center. Once in orbit I wondered why the nukes said 'fuel deprived'. Doh! Still, that wasn't a problem to fix given I was already in orbit. Sometimes it could get tricky during an ascent!

This mod has improved things so much I'm almost tempted to just do away with fuel lines on some ships and just use this! *lol* Might solve some of the problems.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.