re-create real aircraft

I'm glad everyone is really enjoying my planes. I am loving making these. I promise, one day, I will release some of them. Several of my aircraft have undertaken slight changes so, I hope, soon to have a nice little video of them.

@Captain K

Lol, Lockheed, Lagheed. hehe.. ;) it really is though. when I do a vid for that one I'll have to speed the video up for it. It cuts my Fps down considerably. a 12 min flight takes about half an hour.

@zekes

The B-24 is great. it's a classic and I love it two. those picks don't do it justice.

I'm not very good with the screenshots so if there is any spacific type of pic you guys would like, or would like me to screenshot performing a spacific move or copy a real life pic, just let me know. I'd be more than glad to replicate a photo.

And oh my gawd, how could I forget the P-38j Lightning?! I didn't get those pics in there before, so just updated my original post for that. It's another favorite!

• 4 weeks later...

thanks! took me a really long time to make that. When I was starting out I was just going for the looks but I was like "What the heck. If it's an SR-71, then it should be able to fly too!" So I did and now it can get into space (:

My Ki-6 Heavy Transport Helicopter, inspired by the Mil Mi-6. Mainly uses Firespitter helicopter parts and TT Mk4 cargo fuselage parts.

I've done underslung load operations and deployed a towed array sonar with it, which you can see at my Mission Log thread. (warning: very pic heavy)

Four rotors is a bit silly considering the real thing has only one, but seriously, these are already the larger-sized "Russian Bear" model of helicopter rotor, and two are needed to simply lift this monster empty. Three to maneuver comfortably with cargo. Four is a bit of overengineering, so that the rotors don't need to be operated close to full throttle, reducing the risk of overheating. I guess I could have modded the helicopter rotor part to have 3.5~4 times the thrust, but whatever.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by cakepie

• 1 year later...

Why should it remain dead? Maybe it should be in fanworks rather than challenges but as a newbie I'm glad somebody unearthed it as there are some very creative people with inspirational craft there.

Hopefully another: (Avro Vulcan) ;)

0iTHGql.jpg

Edited by percyPrune

• 5 weeks later...

Half-sized Concorde (yes, it carries 50!)

icQvzcM.jpg

My take on the F117 Stealth

LsKurZw.jpg

the Stealth sitting mext to its larger cousin (which has two bomb bays!)

PC1AUFo.jpg

side view of my Delta Flyer. OK, it's not "real" real, but I likes it.

34QaC2m.png

There must be a full sized version of one of these - an EDF Starfighter from Buck Rogers in the 25th Century - because I had a radio controlled one that actually flew very well

Xre2eKm.png

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.