Anomalous forces around the "Moholes"

Temstar

I strongly suggest you go into a low polar orbit around Moho, and recreate the events of Event Horizon. Mainly because I am a sick, sick, sick man. Of course, I doubt the whole "eating your own fist" thing would be an issue for a kerbal, since their heads are larger than their bodies.

Maybe when they made Moho, they accidentally screwed up the height map so the edge goes down (a slope) so they fixed that but the gravitational features are still there, just cooperating with the height map.

Maybe when they made Moho, they accidentally screwed up the height map

This, but they decided to keep it in there instead of fixing it because it looked cool and would spark wild theories like this.

I'm on to you, Squad. Look out.

Yes, explain. What "ghosts"? I know many sorts of outlandish urban legends circulating among the kerbonauts, from the cadavers of giant cephalopods to crashed alien ships. But it is first time i hear about ghosts on Moho.

Someone was driving on Moho and saw some strange lights.

Moho scares me.

Maybe when they made Moho, they accidentally screwed up the height map so the edge goes down (a slope) so they fixed that but the gravitational features are still there, just cooperating with the height map.

Dude! Next you'll be saying Santa ain't real. :(

Someone was driving on Moho and saw some strange lights.

But who was phone...? Could you link us to the source of your information please?

I think i'm also going to set an expedition out to Moho to check this out armed with rovers and an ample supply of kerbals, not to mention fuel.

I like to think that Moho is like a giant sea sponge, feeding by sucking in solar wind and small pieces of rock and rocket debris to absorb. There's probably a huge central cavity inside where there are giant silicon-based cells with flagelli that beat back and forth, pulling and pushing the planet's "food".

The devs really need to do something about this. They need to make Moho even weirder.
I think all the planets need some really freaky stuff that we can discover, and I don't mean plain static anomalies.

It will take hours but it works

thx to the kas mod 2x winches with grapling hooks and jeb will go down ... in a positive manner

mohovydlg.jpg

Clever, you use stacked winces? Another option is to modify the cfg file to get longer wire.

Clever, you use stacked winces? Another option is to modify the cfg file to get longer wire.

hmm i forgot that ^^

i "walk" down in 50m steps

fire winch 1

move 50m down

fire winch 2

retract 1

move 50m down etc pp

I think all the planets need some really freaky stuff that we can discover, and I don't mean plain static anomalies.

Indeed, but if they ever get FTL/interstellar travel/anything crazy, it should all revolve/begin with Moho. The best thing that's coming to mind is that all the Mass Effect tech started with a find on Mars. But yeah, I do agree that everything needs to be a little...stranger (/Joker).

Sorry guys

mohorrxni.jpg

I edited the winches to get 500m long wires and on 1186m a hook break away from the winch (right after shooting it into the ground)

I think i can see the ground of the hole now, but i didn't show you the picture :P

For the next try i need some heavy trucks with lot of equipment thats why i will hyperedit them to Moho.

Why i need the equipment and dont fly the next rover up ?

Cause i want to build a ramp above the crater with the help of lazor 0.26 and KAS but that will be only the first step.

The whole plan is to lower a "spider" from the ramp wich will climb down the center of the crater with the help of some winches wich will fire their hooks into the wall of the hole.

Thats why i will use hyperedit to shorten the mission, cause the rampconstruction and the climbing down is the importent part and not 1234242343 travels to Moho to fly the equipment in =)

Moho is one of the only planets that I haven't at least given a cursory look over, I guess that it was too much delta-v to bother with. Now seeing this, I definitely want to send a rover and investigate this mysterious planet, maybe even establish a base?

Moho confounded me for the longest time. Since it has so many transfer windows it always had the first one available. Before I learned that it was a bear to get to in terms of Dv I figured I would go to the first planet to come into phase. Well its been over a month since I started playing and I only recently managed to set up a base on Moho. I haven't been to any other planets because I have been so focused on this bugger.

Getting to the other planets should be super easy now :) (except maybe Eeloo)