Love the game, I really do, but I cannot afford it.

peterpacz1

I agree with what others are saying. You have a rig capable of playing KSP but no money to buy it? If money is tight, the last thing you need to worry about is buying KSP. Also threatening to pirate the game isn't cool either. Why not get a job? Don't mean to sound harsh but this seems like a guy trying to get a free game.

I feel like if you don't have enough money to spend on this game you should really be more worried about your financial situation than what you will be doing in your spare time. You can make enough for KSP from babysitting random kids for less than week.

If you can't do that then apply for a job at fast food. If you don't have time for any jobs, then how do you have time to play KSP?

All these morals...

It's easy: If you don't have the money to buy it, then buy it at a later point, when you have the money. Or wait for a steam sale, these are usually quite good.

What you do until then, is your choice and your choice alone. It will affect nothing, will promote nothing, and also will not change the drm-situation in the slightest. Just don't post your decision into the web, whatever you're going to do.

You know what really gets me about DRM.... Non of it works. Why make it harder for the legit purchasers when the pirates are just gonna break the fancy DRM within a week or a month?

I really think the best way to combat piracy is to make awesome games like this that people want to support. Of course you still get people like the OP, but face the facts. If he is so broke that he needs to beg here he was never going to buy it anyway. I don't condone piracy (especially since I am studying to be an IP lawyer) but the industry blows it way out of proportion.

Why do people say that a rig to play KSP is expensive? It doesn't take much. http://www.filedropper.com/showdownload.php/dxdiag_2 this runs it fine and its not that good of a PC. But yes, I think this might be someone asking for something they can get. Its very easy to lie about where you live here. If not, I feel pretty sorry.

I think anyone who can't afford $20 is a lying sack of **** or probably should be cutting things like the internet bill ASAP.

As was said up there, I'd pay you $20 to mow my damn lawn, wash my car, etc.

I found $20 just sitting on the ground once. You don't really have an excuse OP. Like the guy above me said, mow some lawns, rake some leaves. Hell, my parents pay me for simply playing with my sister while they go on a date.

Welcome to the real world. Here, we have to work to get the things we want.

Dear Mr. Squad and fellow KSP forum members.

I very enjoy this game, but unfortunately, due to current family circumstances, I am not able to afford it. I was able to play the demo for a long time, and also at a friend's house, where I helped him build lunar rockets and refueling rigs (He really sucks at the game, but he also likes it). In a final desperate attempt before I turn to piracy, I want to ask if there is a kind member here that is able to gift me a steam copy of the game. I really want to support the developers, as I know they are trying to make a living for themselves, and not like EA, who already has a lot of money.

I live in a small European country, where our credit card is not supported by steam, and the few times I was able to buy stuff online were because my father was able to send money to me as a birthday gift. (He is in china, and I don't see him often). So, I am kinda asking if someone on this forum is able to buy me a copy of the game for free. I know that this is cheap, and I am stooping really low for this, but I really don't want to pirate the game and hurt the developers.

I have seen some people that bought games for others, (like that minecraft guy named vaxx), so I thought maybe I could ask nicely here, and perhaps someone might be able to buy the game for me. If not, its alright, and I would not try to bother you guys again. :(

Can you do anything? Do have any skill sets that would entice me to pay you $20 for something?

I understand some countries economies are not as strong as my own, so while your post can sound rude to some, or to some really just saying "if I cant buy it, ill pirate it" I on the other hand

have helped many people in similar ways (not buying games for them) but its often paying for small jobs like coding work, or something you can offer me. I don't believe in giving money away, I work

my ass off for my money and with 2 kids, things are not cheap these days but i'll happily pay for a service.

also guys mentioning mowing lawns for people etc.

What if he doesn't own a lawnmower? or lives in a unit or non residential area where there are no lawns? what if there is no chemist to do deliveries for? no local paper to employ him?

Not everyone has the same opportunities as everyone else, sure it's a bit rude to ask for people to buy the game for him and saying he is going to pirate it eventually doesn't help his cause, but there is always two sides to a fence.

Edited by Devo

In regards to games like SimCity, where you're displeased with the company: The best way to show them your displeasure (In terms companies like EA understand) is to buy the game... and then return it. If no one's accepting returns (never a good sign to start with), obviously that won't work, but Amazon usually does. The constant refrain of needing DRM to prevent "loss" due to piracy loses its legitimacy when it provokes direct, measurable losses in the form of returns. A pirated copy of the game has, by its very nature, no way to be tracked. It cannot be counted as a loss because you have no way of knowing if that person would have paid for the game if piracy weren't available (Protip: Probably not, otherwise they'd have paid for it anyway). That's not loss, its lack of sales. A return, on the other hand, is money they had... and don't anymore. THAT's a loss.

In any case, piracy is bad for other reasons. Don't do it.

DRM is an challenge to beat it. But seriously people will pay for good games. A % may be lost to pirating, like shoplifting, or waste, screwing with the consumer, the customer, is bad for business.

But in the mass economy some business take it as part of the cost of business to try to tighten the bottom line. Another spreadsheet another game.

Cynical.

But if you can figure out how to launch rockets in KSP you surely can figure out how to come up with the $25. Get real.

What burns me, is paying for games that are hyped and getting crap. This een after reading review after review. No confidence in the system is another word for black market.

Edited by RockStar

DRM is an challenge to beat it.

Beat it by not supporting their games. I totally neglected SimCity V 'cause I could see the launch problems from miles away. I only pay for games that I consider quality; meaning I'm entertained by it longer than a couple of hours. To be honest, I'm sick and tired of the generic mainstream games anyways. I love the creativity of the Indie developers, that's where the real meat is.

Can you do anything? Do have any skill sets that would entice me to pay you $20 for something?

I understand some countries economies are not as strong as my own, so while your post can sound rude to some, or to some really just saying "if I cant buy it, ill pirate it" I on the other hand

have helped many people in similar ways (not buying games for them) but its often paying for small jobs like coding work, or something you can offer me. I don't believe in giving money away, I work

my ass off for my money and with 2 kids, things are not cheap these days but i'll happily pay for a service.

also guys mentioning mowing lawns for people etc.

What if he doesn't own a lawnmower? or lives in a unit or non residential area where there are no lawns? what if there is no chemist to do deliveries for? no local paper to employ him?

Not everyone has the same opportunities as everyone else, sure it's a bit rude to ask for people to buy the game for him and saying he is going to pirate it eventually doesn't help his cause, but there is always two sides to a fence.

Sorry for making it seem like blackmail, I realized that was very rude and removed that part. Thanks for supporting me, or at least showing that there is a second side to it.

I found $20 just sitting on the ground once. You don't really have an excuse OP. Like the guy above me said, mow some lawns, rake some leaves. Hell, my parents pay me for simply playing with my sister while they go on a date.

Welcome to the real world. Here, we have to work to get the things we want.

Your Parents pay you to play with your sister? That is not normal at all.

I bet you could make some sort of story from your munar minmus base screenshots, post in on youtube advert it in here, and leave a message in escription that you need people support to get full version, maybe donation pool or something, or maybe someone will eventually buys you a full version because he wants to see you go interplanetary not only kerb system :]

I just read OP's edit on his first post, and I retract my statement about not believing him. I really, really doubt a scammer would write that many honest sounding replies.

OP, best of luck in getting a copy. I hope you are able to save up some here and there.

(PS, there has been a lot of stuff happening on the forums lately, so I think everyone might be a little touchy.)

Beat it by not supporting their games. I totally neglected SimCity V 'cause I could see the launch problems from miles away. I only pay for games that I consider quality; meaning I'm entertained by it longer than a couple of hours. To be honest, I'm sick and tired of the generic mainstream games anyways. I love the creativity of the Indie developers, that's where the real meat is.

I agree. SimCity V looks terrible which is why I didn't buy it. Indie games these days are getting great because they don't have a big "EA" logo to slap on the game to show "quality". They just have to make a good game in order to make money and compete in a fierce competition with other indie developers. They are forced to carve their own niche in the industry and come up with something unique and fresh rather than pulling an Activision on us and releasing the same crap every year *cough* CoD *cough* :)

Edited by Stealth2668

KSP is the price of, 2 pack of smokes, 1 bottle of vodka, 24beer pack, 2 grams of weeds.

All the above will only last for few days at best, KSP will last forever! ;)

I'm surprised that your family would be able to afford a computer which presumably has enough power to run KSP (Otherwise no point getting it) and internet access, yet you can't afford a $25 game, even by saving up over time. I'm sure there is some way you could get enough money to afford it, even if it meant cutting back on something you normally get that you like, and if you can't possibly cut back on anything and can't get enough money to afford this (very inexpensive) game... then you seriously have much more important things to adress than whether or not you can play a particular game, like survival. Basic needs are more important than a particular game (and it's not like there's any shortage of free games out there until you can afford to buy one).

I just read OP's edit on his first post, and I retract my statement about not believing him. I really, really doubt a scammer would write that many honest sounding replies.

OP, best of luck in getting a copy. I hope you are able to save up some here and there.

(PS, there has been a lot of stuff happening on the forums lately, so I think everyone might be a little touchy.)

A scammer probably wouldn't be wasting his time on a cheaper game like KSP which can be easily acquired for free anyway, given its lack of DRM. He's not trying to scam anyone, he just sounds incredibly cheap.

If you have a PC that can run KSP, you can afford the damn game.

Well if I wasnt skint myself I might have gifted you a copy of the game just to support the devs and anyone who wants the game that much that he is prepared beg on a forum deserves to have it. Mind you I have gifted addons and expansions to people before but not a whole game, gifting £5 or so to help support a games development is very different to gifting £18.

When I was a nipper I wanted an airbrush to be able to do fantastic scifi paintings like Chris Foss and all I had at the time was a rubbish Humbrol spraygun thing that splattered paint everywhere. So I got a job collecting glasses at the local night club and I worked most nights nights until 2am in the morning. Then I had to get up for college at 8am the next day. My brain gradually turned into jelly after a few months of it. But I saved up enought for a DeVilbiss airbrush - one of the best. So go look for a manual job and you will save up £18 in no time.

Guys, I got some good news. A kind sir/madam is willing to give me his/her extra KSP store account, with payment details removed. I would be able to get my wish! :D I will try to reply to all these posts my little thread has gathered over the next few days, and maybe i can post some pictures of my moombases/rockets once I get the non-demo version, I am SOOOOO excited for the full one!

Enough money for electricity, a 2009 computer capable of running KSP, internet, food, housing, and you can't scrape together the $20-something bucks for it? Seriously? With only 3 posts and all 3 posts on a thread complaining on how you can't afford a game. If you can't spend $20 on something, either worry about more important things, or stop trying to scam people out of their money.