Rocket can't throttle down...

sadron

I have this weird bug where this one phase of my rocket the throttle stops working, and I have no idea what it is that's causing it. So far it's only been with this one design so I don't know if it's a consistent bug or if it's just with my design (for whatever reason.) I am using mods however I don't know which mod is causing it if it is indeed a mod's fault. It only happens in this one particular phase, and once we run out of fuel and switch to another one with new rockets and fuel I can control the ship again, throttling down and being able to affect its trajectory. This bug honestly baffles me and I was hoping someone could shed light onto why it's causing me such an issue.

Yeah, a broken link between a docking port and my main ship gave the exact same symptoms. Do you hear a wierd ripple noise just before you lose control of your throttle? That's usually the sections warping and breaking. Took me ages to figure that one out (thought it was another bug at the time). Fix was to add more struts...

How many problems come down to just needing more struts? I've lost count now.

Edit: Oh yeah, I had another one that did the same thing but that was due to pogoing. That is where the shock of staging introduces a flex through the core of the ship and it's like a big coil going BOING, BOING, BOING up and down.

Pogo Oscillation

Edited by NeoMorph

I have this weird bug where this one phase of my rocket the throttle stops working, and I have no idea what it is that's causing it. So far it's only been with this one design so I don't know if it's a consistent bug or if it's just with my design (for whatever reason.) I am using mods however I don't know which mod is causing it if it is indeed a mod's fault. It only happens in this one particular phase, and once we run out of fuel and switch to another one with new rockets and fuel I can control the ship again, throttling down and being able to affect its trajectory. This bug honestly baffles me and I was hoping someone could shed light onto why it's causing me such an issue.

Are you using probes? Are they running out of battery? I had the same confusion when I started.

Are you using probes? Are they running out of battery? I had the same confusion when I started.

Remember that most large engines actually generate electricity too so I would have thought that Sal's idea would be more likely but electricity is also another possibility. Slap a single solar panel on the defunct stage would show quite quickly if it was that... but remember to launch into sunlight.

I sometimes get an issue like that with all kinds of engines. I throttle up and the throttle indicator stops at the 3rd pole. I can hear the engine sound but now i can't throttle down or up.

It's like the game freezes on me. But i can restart the launch just fine. It always happens as soon as i touch the throttle at the launchpad.

Never thought to report it.

No, it was a liquid fuel based thing. I'm possibly gonna go with the moderator and think that it MIGHT have been breaking away from the rocket (no breaking sounds or anything but yeah). As soon as I went back to the construction building and removed the large monoprop container and some separation pods and then launched again the problem disappeared. Very peculiar.

Also for some reason my framerate near my space station really drops x-x Anyone know why?

Say hello to non-optimized KSP code... reduce the part count is the only way to fix the frame rate. I had a LOVELY station but I trashed it due to the poor frame rate.

Can we see the craft? Pics would help a lot :)

Sorry, I had already revised it before posting this... I could potentially recreate it since only a few parts are missing from the problem-design, if you wish.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.