is the game 19.1 percent complete?

lyndonguitar

Just asking, because the game is in version 0.19.1, and If it means version 1.00 is complete then basically the game is only 19.1% done right?

and the game is super awesome even as of now that would only mean the game would get five times more better at release!

No.

It's just a version number. It means nothing to the percentage of completion.

Yes, but for all intents and purpose, many devs puts their version around 1.00 or 1.xx as the release product, seeing as KSP is only at 0.19.1 with all these features already(there must be a reason for that zero in the first eh?), I could only imagine what updates and features they could bring in as we get closer to 1.00,

or maybe i'm mistaken and they would actually release it at let's say version 0.41.2?

The number will increase by one every time there is an update. If they release update 0.34 and then say 'We are done! The next update will be the finished game!' than the next update will be 1.0.

Version numbers are not decimal. After 0.9 comes 0.10, 0.11, 0.12... and after 0.99 comes 0.100, 0.101, 0.102...

The first number increments when the devs consider it's a major release, not when the minor release number reaches 100.

Edited by Nibb31

Version numbers are not decimal. After 0.9 comes 0.10, and after 0.99 comes 0.100.

The first number increments when the devs consider it's a major release, not when the minor release number reaches 100.

But what if it really was decimal and it represented how complete the game was? Would that mean that KSP is really only 1.91 percent complete? :confused:

But what if it really was decimal and it represented how complete the game was? Would that mean that KSP is really only 1.91 percent complete? :confused:

But then wouldn't it be 0.19.1 % done? A decimal of a decimal, must be mathematical trickery.

I have a suspicious feeling that the OP is just trolling...

I don't have a feeling, and even if they were trolling, nobody got aggressive over OP's statement so the troll failed.