What if Humans and Kerbals met?

lyndonguitar

Mission log, Day 342: Today we encountered 3 small green aliens that haphazardly landed and snapped several pieces off their vessel. After they emerged from their vehicle, one looked deliriously happy, another appeared somewhat confused, while the third would not stop screaming. Communication seems to be impossible at this time.

First, Humans and the kerbals wouldn't fight, but make friend and eventually the humans would strap kerbals to our rockets, because there appears to be an endless supply of professional rocket pilots. THEN, we would start to contract jeb for rocket designing(who the hell knows why), so eventually they would take over our space program and spend mass amount of money testing 10 version of the same rocket before actually succeding, therefore making the world bankrupt

Lets say hypothetically we haven't already met and/or established contact with extraterrestrials, Kerbals or not. Do you think the government would tell everyone? I doubt it. It would ruin every major religion in the world, except I guess Catholics, since they already wised up and accepted the fact that they're out there. (which took balls, by the way) Plus, there would be rioting everywhere. I hope it wouldn't end up like that, but the general population is, I guess in laymen's terms, too stupid to cope with the news we were in contact with an alien species. It would be pretty hush hush IMO, unless there was irrefutable evidence that they were here (I.E an entire fleet just lands in a city) but if it were just a lander (like most good kerbals do when scouting a new location) I'm sure someone from the local government would go and retrieve it, and never speak a word of it. I doubt the Kerbals would try to fight us, but if they could cross a wild amount of lightyears to get here, I dont think we'd want to be picking the wrong bone with them, either.

Those are just my two cents, however. Think of what you will, i'm just thinking logically and realistically. (Which in this case, isn't what I want at all, but we can't always get what we want.)

Maybe it has. Have you ever seen "The Leader" from Marvel Comics?

http://marvel.wikia.com/Samuel_Sterns_(Earth-91119)

Remind you of somebody?

I was just going to make that reference :huh:

It would end disastrously; human cities would be decimated from orbit as nuclear engines and RTGs rain down upon them (by accident, naturally, perfect landings the first time are rare), and because humans don't have the technology to get beyond their own moon, they wouldn't have any way of retaliating. Technically, Kerbals are more advanced in space science than humans, and are a force to be feared/avoided.

Technically, Kerbals are more advanced in space science than humans, and are a force to be feared/avoided.

The Kerbals are actually not as advanced as you think. They don't require food (ATM), its easier to get into orbit around Kerbin (I believe it takes more delta-v to get into orbit around Earth than to get to Jool in KSP), they are immune to radiation, aerodynamics are almost non-existent(ATM), and they have an unlimited budget(Once again, ATM). If real life was applied to KSP, it would be much harder to do anything in KSP, but that will never happen because KSP is designed to be fun.

They'd be forced to be our little adorable pets, despite them being able to conquer their solar system. Or - we'll kill them. But that's nothing new for Kerbals.

What. Kerbals are killed and reborn all the time! The entire species!?

Also, Kerbals would all pass out from shock when they heard, for the first time ever, of the concept of "health and safety".

So true, so true.

Many space missions carry a plaque stating this mission is a mission of piece. I hope this attitude would be there when human meets kerbal.

I'm now imagining a human in an Apollo style suit, walking on the Moon, when they spot a bunch of little guys 100 meters away.

Then they wave and shake hands, because their communicators don't use the same radio frequency.

I think the Kerbals would attempt to send an emissary of peace to speak with "those tall pink-skinned Kerbaloids", and then discover rather unfortunately during the attempt to land on Earth that the insanely increased density of their section of the universe translates out to some very serious problems on a planet that's considerably less dense.

Remember, we've only seen the nice side of the kerbals

galaxy3.jpg

We have no idea how they'll react when they see human flesh

gquest.jpg

Why do you think there are no Aliens (left) in the Kerbol Universe?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.