Show off your flags MEGATHREAD

geb

Here is my flag on my first all stock parts Mun landing. Turns out this Kerbal is the (in)famous Jeb. I was all equiped to bring him back (re-entry module with fuel waiting in low-orbit) but I cam in a little hard on the landing and the bounce exploded the engine... I guess its gona need a rescue mission to get Jeb out of there.

fGIlm01.jpg

Db6nYOx.png?1

In relation to lost soldier in London, I felt a sense of patriotism for my country. Although i live in Australia, but being British born i had to place a Union Jack on the Mün

Noticing how the flags open when planted, I can't believe you guys haven't thought of this one! :D

7qbYtBC.png

First thing I thought of too. Nice one. Very Kerbal. I was also thinking a nice simple green splat would be very appropriate too. On my phone so a. It hard to post.

In my humble opinion I think Kerbals should go splat not poof.

So is that a good or bad thing? Do you like the challenge of flying from inside the cockpit or would you rather do it the normal way?

I love the challenge :wink: but I don't see how much time passes, nor do I see relevant information like ship names and relative velocity in map view.

Thank Squad I do see distances there since 0.20, but reaching a rendezvous orbit is a chore. I have to write down the velocity on paper (save the trees! :P ), and have to go through the spaceport radar to swap between ships until I'm close enough to just "]". Yeah, the labels of the buttons in map view are also non existent (I guess I could take reference-screen-shots from youtube-howtos or something).

Before I figured out the cockpit view, my ships were always too big loaded up with extra fuel (just in case I under- or over-shoot my target), and before I figured out writing down the relative velocity I had to use that dastardly cheaty Hyperedit to practice docking. :mad:

Next I'll be using grease-pencils, slide-rules, and orient my ship using α Kursae Minoris... :sticktongue: (adds extra immersion! :confused: )

Anyways, here's another flag:

0oxQxxL.png

Having gone mad with Evangelion again after the release of 3.33, I made a bunch of related flags, but I only really use the Nerv one.

Another Evangelion fan? I-I thought I was the only one here....

How did you get Gendo's glasses for your Kerbal?

Edited by Orange7093

Simplistic, but I love it. Orbital Design Bureau Inertia, aka. crazy-green-little-communist-kerbals-building-sleek-but-maniacal-rocketry.

inertia.png

Aaand these three here are for anybody interested, they're not anything too special...

jaxa.pngjapant.pngcanadar.png

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.