Activating on steam

camylarde

Hello,

I am returning to KSP after a while and I see KSP joined steam, and that my purchase is eligible for future expansions. I wonder, if I activate my steam key now, will my licence on steam also allow teh expansions iw/when they are released, as I would if I stayed with KSP Patcher?

Thanks

Hi, updates will automatically download in steam, for free. Nontheless, I think you will loose the option of downloading the game thru ksp store. I think this is a one way street, if you go steam, you cant go back.

I say this because a friend got his game and activted steam, and is no longer capable of downloading the game as in the ksp store.

I am not going to activate steam if you ask me.

Welcome to the community camylarde :)

It's done by purchase date, not transfer date so don't worry, and I will be buying a second copy of the expansion(s) to go with my free copy anyway to help Squad out, as KSP is definitely worth it :D

• 1 year later...

Oh my, the info in this thread is more than a year old.

There is an option on the KSP store's pages, once you are logged in, to make a one-time, irreversible switch to getting the game through Steam. However, the deadline for getting any post-completion expansion materials included in the purchase price is long passed.