Shared Future Timeline (Editable Google Doc Inside)

Holo

It's an hypothesis. To sum it up;

Faster than light communication is possible, through use of wormholes/mini-Aclubierre drives.

Or a quantum entanglement device. It's not FTL, but it is effectively instantaneous across any distance.

(Sorry about the doublepost.)

I've added some more social points in the near future corresponding Virgin and the Apollo crew.

I think it is unlikely for Virgin to go bankrupt. More likely it will just ferry people to spacestations carrying astronauts.

I think it is unlikely for Virgin to go bankrupt. More likely it will just ferry people to spacestations carrying astronauts.

That market is already crowded with SpaceX, SN, Boeing and all. If Virgin wants to send people to stations they will need to come up with a different kind of spacecraft than the SpaceShipTwo.

It will be a great ride but this whole "LETS GO TO SPACE" mania does remind me to much of the internet bubble.

How do you add these boxes? I don't know how.

Right click, and then "add row below".

2120 is conflicting with 2260 and 2160, I propose deleting the 2120 milestone.

There, I moved it to 2220. The idea is that the 2260 antimatter makes colonisation possible, but exploration is feasible by 2220 if you can handle the slower speeds.

Edited by Holo

Right click, and then "add row below".

There, I moved it to 2220. The idea is that the 2260 antimatter makes colonisation possible, but exploration is feasible by 2220 if you can handle the slower speeds.

Gah! It was supposed to be 2120! The fusion drive was supposed to go to 40% C! I have to fix it when I get home. I will be moving anti-matter up to 2100....

Completely impossible today but in a hundred or two years who knows what we'll be able to do!

Anyone able to calculate the amount of antimatter needed to accelerate a starship of reasonable size to what is apparently well higher than 40% of C, and the theoretical limits of antimatter production efficiency. You can't just pull energy out of nowhere.

Gonna add in something about building a Europa base, and drilling through it's surface to find water with aquatic creatures in it.

EDIT: Never mind, I like what you've done with it.

An inter universal war does sound interesting.

I am really doubtful that U.S.A. with a private company would be on the moon before China, also, 2050 and 2075 are pretty much the same, unless the later one is talking about multicellular life, in which case, how can any life can survive above the ice sheets and 2550 is then unneeded. Another thing, 12,900LY from tip to tip? Also, there is no need for 2276.

EDIT: Most importantly, 22200, the regards are unnecessary as III-type would mean they are the sole powerful race in the galaxy, I doubt that humans would be the most advanced race of all.

EDIT2: What's with the SCI-FI stuff, why would humans be aggressive toward other Extra-dimensional races?

Edited by Grove

I am really doubtful that U.S.A. with a private company would be on the moon before China, also, 2050 and 2075 are pretty much the same, unless the later one is talking about multicellular life, in which case, how can any life can survive above the ice sheets

The single-celled organisms are extremophile bacteria, and the 2075 life lives under the ice sheet and is multicellular.

and 2550 is then unneeded.

I've removed it, it is quite redundant.

Another thing, 12,900LY from tip to tip?

I've shrunk the Terran Empire down to 500 ly

EDIT: Most importantly, 22200, the regards are unnecessary as III-type would mean they are the sole powerful race in the galaxy, I doubt that humans would be the most advanced race of all.

It turns out that we are. Also, the Type III would also include a strong alliance between the different species of the galaxy. It's similar to how all countries on Earth are considered "human civilisation", despite being distinct entities.

EDIT2: What's with the SCI-FI stuff, why would humans be aggressive toward other Extra-dimensional races?

They hit us first!

after it destroyed the fleeing rescue ship.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.