What kind of player are you?

Doc Anderson

By these restrictions I'm mostly just a builder, I love the creativity

I tend toward the builder end of things myself, but I love being able to play with it however my mood strikes me at any given moment.

But definitely heavy on the builder end of spectrum as evidenced by the fact that I tend to think of KSP as "Legos with high explosives."

What's not to love?

Explorer. I'll happily strap MechJeb to a downloaded ship if it means I can see new worlds up close. Of course, I still build, and I still fly manually, but it's seeing my dudes beaming smiles as they EVA that really gives me a sense of accomplishment.

Builder. Explorer. Dreamer. Occasional (and accidental) spacecraft demolition expert. All-around madman with a lug wrench.

Explorer. I'll happily strap MechJeb to a downloaded ship if it means I can see new worlds up close. Of course, I still build, and I still fly manually, but it's seeing my dudes beaming smiles as they EVA that really gives me a sense of accomplishment.

I love the way they smile now. I was disappointed when I landed my Munar Load Carrier crane on Minmus, as the wheels lacked adequate grip to use it properly. (This was solved in future versions.)

But my little guy was so happy to be on another world, and reminded me what the game is about.

It wasn't a waste after all.

Edited by Tw1

I'm a builder, I spend a lot of my time building rockets/planes/spaceplanes/stuff that work the way I intended to work. I never do replicas because I don't like it, it's not unique if it's been done before.

I'm a grinder who always sends Kerbals to outer space without proper preparation and having hard time to get them back into Kerbin. Still can't save that guy stranded in Eve ocean...

I'm the kind of player that enjoys tormenting Jeb, Bill and Bob through a variety of fun missions such as EVA landings, or jumping out of a ship during re-entry.

Or just blow things up in pretty explosions, with the added bonus of them tormenting Jeb, Bill and Bob.

They must like them, they smile during them and return the next hour for another one :)

I would be the purist role-playing pilot: someone who loves manually piloting the craft in the game using my imagination to create a realistic structure and sense of progression to the game that is presently nonexistant.

I play the game following the approximate history of NASA. I am someone who will send a mission to the Mun to explore a new crater because it is useful to the space program scientists back home. Or I will send a rescue mission for stranded astronauts as quickly as possible so that they dont die from lack of an imagined running out oxygen supply. I am absolutely unable to design an unfeasibly wide craft without nose cones because that just would not happen in real life. Similarly I cannot carry large rovers that dont fit within fairing covers. If I am re-entering Kerbin I will try to do it in the sea as close to the base as possible so that it would be easy for the navy to pick them up, and I try to avoid landing in the deserts. And if I lose a Kerbal I half-imagine a funeral back at base with a plaque erected to celebrate their achievements. Each Kerbal has his own character and some like to leap off high things on moons for no reason other than to see what happens, whilst others will stay firmly entrenched in their spacecraft chair.

I mainly enjoy making my own stories though and do it rather unconsciously as I play. But I dont like playing scripted linear games funnily enough, so I am a little bit concerned over what the career mode will entail.

I dont enjoy the construction as much as the flying (probably more to do with endless struts and fiddly decouplers than anything else). My favourite parts of the game are the prelaunch and launch itself, in-orbit planetary graphics, moon landings and the re-entry.

I would love to see some prelaunch activity (smoke/steam, gantries, tower, astronauts etc), landing/rover dust clouds, Kerbin atmospheric clouds, better Kerbin terrain, partial ship damage/maintenance and repairs, and re-entry heat damage added to improve the immersion.

Because the spaceplanes fly extremely unrealistically I have only ever made one quick one that I hated flying, and I probably wont do so again until the aerodynamics in the game change a heck of a lot.

Edited by nats

I think I would be a builder. I often get ideas where I think “Man, building a vehicle that could [insert random task here] would be so cool!†Only to never actually use the vehicle for said application. I also have more fun building the stuff than actually putting the stuff to use in many cases. I enjoyed building my Mun base but actually sending that thing to the Mun made me want to cry, it lagged so much that controlling the thing was an absolute nightmare.

A while back I tried to standardize/streamline a bunch of my designs (thanks to subassembly loader) so I could spend less time in the VAB/SPH and more time actually flying, but I find that pretty much everything I build becomes more or less custom and using standardized designs doesn’t save me any time :).

I am mostly the Driver. I like rover wheels, and all wheel mods (And TT Omni-wheels in particular) so I can explore Kerbin. Rarely do I put rovers outside of Kerbin. Most of the times because everything crashes on the launchpad. :sticktongue:

When flying I'm the do it without any help first , afterwards use Mechjeb to calculate my maneuver nodes, then fly them manually.

When building I'm the overengineerer (is this right?? im german xD) I build a huge Vessel, let it explode at the runway and then strip it down to what is needed the most. And Im having fun all the time :D

I tend to just slap together larger and larger rockets until one of them happens to make it into orbit. However, I also enjoy creating payloads that are astheticly pleasing, as well as fully functional.

I suppose that makes me a builder?

I am mostly the Driver. I like rover wheels, and all wheel mods (And TT Omni-wheels in particular) so I can explore Kerbin.

I can see the new mod now! ... Rover Racing!

Kerbal stock cars ... NAS-KERBAL!

The In-DUNA-polis 500!

So want this!

I just like probes. Robiticist, as I call it. I mod, and use Mechjeb for painfully long ion burns and dV checks in the VAB. I sometimes use it (not often) for frequent-used reliable Launch Vehicles.

I can see the new mod now! ... Rover Racing!

Kerbal stock cars ... NAS-KERBAL!

The In-DUNA-polis 500!

So want this!

Seems like we should have internal combustion engines for Kerbin and Laythe. ;)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.