What did you do in KSP1 today?

Xeldrak

Today I was given a mission to test a Sepratron in Kerbin orbit. Not only did I succeed in testing my Sepratrons in orbit, but I was able to return them to the KSC afterwards, therefore recovering their cost! :) Unfortunately, I forgot to perform a similar test on my landing gear on the way back down. I fitted them specially! :wink: Never mind, I'll test those on a later flight.

Javascript is disabled. View full album

There is no need to blur out all the p0rn folders. :sticktongue:

Wait a minute. I somehow managed to miss the censored word. That's awkward.

No, those are just for miscellaneous games like Command & Conquer 3, Spore and Sim City 4. Just wanted to make it easier on everyone's eyes.

This is why censoring bad language by completely erasing it is a bad idea.

Edited by Felsmak

Today I started downloading the mods for my new career mode colonization series, and made it so my ships can have part hidden away to look better

Closed...

wrl8gh.jpg

Open!

bgemwp.jpg

There was a life support section of here as well, but currently I am awaiting TAC to be updated as well as a fewâ„¢ others before I can fully start the series. Also it is nice having access to my full 16 gigs of RAM now as well, more mods!

Found out there is Kerbal named Allison. First Kerbal I have seen with a distinct feminine name. Of course she and KSP were promptly deleted after some addons I forgot to remove caused some issues and forced a reinstall. R.I.P. Allison, but you stood in the way of SCIENCE!!!!!!

Downloaded 0.24 and started a new career mode: Kredits.

At first, I just took all the contracts at once - the deadlines are very long if you're not doing interplanetary things (the rescue mission has a deadline in four years...). Got all but orbit of the first four contracts with my first launch, and also grabbed science reports.

zTZgka.png

Fann0n.png

The additional science is from the contracts themselves. It's not much, but it's something.

lv7flF.png

0WsXdj.png

Next launch, after getting the LV-909, I tried for an early Mun landing to complete that contract - but there wasn't enough fuel to get back off, and I didn't bring an antenna, so I reverted and sent an orbiter instead. Also used that launch to complete several "test *part* in *situation*" contracts. The 48-7S, for instance. It wanted a "landed" test, so I put it on an action group and a stage of its own, cut throttle, staged, disabled it, and then launched.

CfsKvm.png

Don't know what that line is... Anyway, I was perhaps still a little ambitious for the fuel I had brought, as I ran out of fuel on the return, lowering the Kerbin periapse into the atmosphere. So Jeb got out and pushed.

I4Evwu.png

L2reYz.png

It took several packs to bring the periapse down to a return level. Jeb did a bit more spacewalking and then got back in. The return from there was straighforward, landing in the ocean with two radial 'chutes.

Finally, a contract set that I didn't take pictures of: C7 Aerospace wanted to test the small gear on a Kerbin escape trajectory, Kerbodyne wanted to test their big SRB in LKO, and Rockomax wanted a suborbital firing of the Poodle. Also, I tested the strutted radial decoupler and the separatrons in a specific flying situation and when landed respectively. Fired the separatrons with the initial boosters, decoupled them at the right height/speed, then slightly later decoupled the boosters. This put the ship into a suborbital trajectory, so at the right altitude, I fired the Poodle, which was enough to get into orbit and fine-tune it slightly. At 80km periapse, fired the Poodle again, then the SRB (which had the minimum tweakable fuel - 250). This put the probe into an escape (did I mention it was a probe?), and I tested the small gear.

The probe is now orbiting Kerbol (periapse around Kerbin level, apoapse a little above Dres), but has no more fuel of any sort, nor science equipment.

I just finished a round-trip to Duna and back in the new career mode. The ship cost a bit over 100k to launch but in the end it netted me almost 700k in funds and 2200 science.(1700 of which was recovered on landing, the rest was transmitted)

C26F450155455D7D37E191285C143AAE71CE3E1B

These contracts are a TON of fun! They can be stressful, though... when the fuel became imbalanced on liftoff from Duna I was going crazy trying to fix it, lol.

33CE5BF536F802E54C516B511E5BF471EF9CFC47

Been trying out the new contracts, installing mods, testing mods and playing some more contracts.

I won't start a serious career save before all the mods I want will be updated tough.

For some reason I really don't like to do test contracts.

Been trying out the new contracts, installing mods, testing mods and playing some more contracts.

I won't start a serious career save before all the mods I want will be updated tough.

For some reason I really don't like to do test contracts.

I hate test contracts.

Today I did a second Mün landing in the new career save. Apparently, a single spinning disk stabaliser isn't enough anymore to keep my time-attested Münlanders upright (Jeb had some trouble as well).

Fortunately, Bill Kerman was able to use the antenna as a makeshift launch-installation and made it back home safely.

6R1CQW0.png

You can still see the remains of the descent stage down the hill :'(

I payed Minmus a visit, too after my Mun run. Had some trouble with the launcher at first. A single misplaced strut led to a catastrophy and my first real major monetary loss in the campaign. Thankfully Jeb was able to escape in the top stage and put that lander down completly intact next to the launchpad. I think from now on all my launchers will be designed to have a TWR greater than 1.0. :D

Anyway, next attempt went successfully...

DPJxSSv.jpg

I second this! I hope somebody comes out with a mod that adds more diverse contracts.

If I can figure out how to add and amend biomes, I have some ideas for some very complicated and in depth science based contracts.

I just did the most amazing thing, completely by accident. On my very first mission in 0.24, I was doing a little suborbital flight to get some cheap mission completions. After reaching 5000m I was drifting and decided to pad my science by having Jeb make an EVA report, reasoning that with the vehicle moving ballistically, Jeb wouldn't drift away from the hatch enough to prevent me from getting him back in.

How wrong I was - he had a lot less drag than the vehicle, and was quickly whisked away.

The amazing part? Jeb survived. I activated his EVA pack and managed to pilot him back to the free-falling spacecraft and climb back aboard. I didn't even know you could manuever so well with the jetpack in atmosphere....

had a very graceful 2nd landing in .24... I'd call it the first, because the actual first was just a little ~30,000m hop, this one came back from the edge of space :P

Untitled_zps2cb411ab.png

Jeb tried to go exploring, but just tumbled 100m down the cliff-face

jebsfall_zps0e7c15bb.png

And I uncovered a little debug window that I assume they forgot to take out of the new version

oops_zps9be89b05.png

I also had some SPECTACULAR screenshot opportunities (almost getting hit (less than 25m seperation) by a large SRB as it streaked past during re-entry, having an "incident" with almost losing the parachutes due to overheating (deadly-reentry) because the craft was tumbling, etc. etc.)

but I've re-mapped my screenshot key 3 times and it still doesn't work. (those first 2 are windows-native screenshots)

My game is crashing a ton, though...

I leave for Hawaii tomorrow morning, so hopefully they'll have some bugfixes out when I get back :sticktongue:

Edited by User Unrelated

Been having some fun with the new update.

Hm... need to make a little more clearance between my capsule door and the lander arms, keep getting bumped off when I go out for EVA reports

v5UCojq.png

Um, damn does my flight engineer actually say the horizontal speed is down to .019 milimeters/s? (actually had it down to .0025 at one point, but wasn't fast enough on the screenshot)

nsain5z.png

Yeah....... Jeb's a little tired of just going somewhere and putting a flag down for work

S9UXo0k.png

Here's my first ever attempt at landing back at KSC after going into orbit (never bothered before).........needs some work

AySHmrt.png

Now what should I do next. :cool: