What did you do in KSP1 today?

Xeldrak

I launched 30+ ton power core up to my space station. Whew. It was well inside capabilities of my medium launcher, but for some reason it insisted on breaking the struts and smashing everything below to pieces. Then i launched new interplanetary nuclear stage into orbit. For now it's sitting docked to the station. Then i've launched my kethane/magnetometric probe from Ike's orbit towards Dres. Unfortunately i forgot to y'know, actually scan for antimatter inside Duna's system. Now i have to send another sat or two there.

Edited by Scotius

Played with insanely fast planes.

muyrg1z.jpg

This one is so fast it has to pitch down to stay in the atmosphere. I knew it could be done I just now got around to building one of these nutty things for myself.

DAWvC4R.jpg

annnd I didn't pitch down quite enough.

8J3wY3c.jpg

Also just found out that you can double click on a window in IVA to look out of it.

Got the Mun shuttle program off to an inauspicious start by landing on a slope a fair hike from Mun Base Alpha, getting panicked about fuel levels in trying to find a flattish place to land before finally dropping the thing properly into the terrain and breaking it. So Mun Base Alpha has a population of eight now. The shuttle is the original Mun lander and its Alpha+ launch platform which has been replaced by the X-Wing series of launchers, so it's probably time to uprate the lander/launcher combination

The manned Mun rover has found a nice flat area about 5km away that will serve well as a second base and landing area.

Managed to place a manned rover on Minmus on a lake on the other side of Minmus to the existing base, so that's been flagged for a second base. The rover is 'challenging' to drive in Minmus' low-G environment, surviving a couple of tight turn induced rolls, so a rethink will be needed for further Minmus and interplanetary rovers.

Here is a shot of the KSV Kerbin in its current state. I docked the final outer (communications and fuel) pod, and have the first engine pod on its way to a rendezvous.

E3324C9FC2D4631420B27C3E7137F78275DEA303

This picture is the result of nine successful launches (and about half a dozen failures). I have one fuel pod (the four inner orange tanks) that I need to redock because it is turned about 2.5 degrees so only one of the three docking ports are properly attached. I believe all the rest are connected as intended. Once I get the first engine pod docked (at the other end) I'll find out how much ÃŽâ€V it has.

Installed the first Kerbostationary satellite of my network.

v1nMm3V.jpg

More or less above the continent where KSC is located, the super camera on board can be used to watch launches. A second one will be needed to watch circularisation burns.

The Shtuule overshot KSC again, but felling confident after last time's 180 degree turn, I aimed for airstrip island. And actually made it.

gmJLgqA.jpg

First successful landing there since we lost the nice wide beach. As you can see, runways don't like me.

Speaking of runways, I sent a crew down the end of the KSC one to replace the marker. They should've been quicker.

iL3jhUY.png

I bought a used Alienware laptop with a 4 thread i5 processor, and 4 core NVidia GPU. This will replace my current single core Toshiba. Editing CRAFTs has been quite tedius, waiting for loading on every change. I expect my productivity to go up an order of magnitude. Hopefully a commensurate increase in quality as well for y'all. I live on the 'road' a lot, and over half my creative time is spent that way.

The recent pic I posted will be the first thing I intend to finish. Larger parts counts have been nearly impossible for me to work with. Anyway, coming up with a new idea is like 1% of a good craft. 99% is loading the craft. flying, loading in the editor over and over and over. Fine tuning. I have killed a lot of days off with this dumb Toshiba. I am really looking forward to the upgrade.

I sent a mapping a kethane scanning satellite out to Dres, and completed a full map and kethane grids of it. I then completely mapped Duna's mun Ike, with a satellite put in orbit yesterday. Then I made a stupid mistake while docking an observation module to my space station, I put the docking port on the wrong way round :D

Designed the outline of my second attempt at a Mono return craft:

screenshot26_zps1e409e55.png

The Honolulu.

Currently trying to design a launch vehicle big enough to lift the core module (The middle orange tank, plus lander, plus the side-connecting Docking Port Snrs) though I might have to send the lander up as a seperate module if I can't lift the 100-or-so ton monster.