What did you do in KSP1 today?

Xeldrak

28s99w3.jpg

I used the most of my day to design this super-powerful-rocket that can get out of the solar system.

well that's some serious speed...however

(I appoligize for poor quality it's an old video)

Yes, I'm accelerating at several multiples of C

I also made a ship that gets to Mün or mimnus orbit with nothing but probe parts.

Edited by leax256

Well, I tried aerobraking my interplanetary (went to the mun and back, ish.. sorta.. not really) ship around Kerbin, my first aerobraking. I 'probably' went too low, and spun violently out of control in the atmopshere. However, due to sheer skill and coordination, the habitation section had engines on it. I managed to transfer fuel to the empty fuel tank, detach the section while violently spinning at 25k meters at around 3,500 meters per second. Oh, and then I landed on Kerbin and saved all five on board.

So yeah.. and then I tried relaunching a newly redesigned one, and the engine mod as SO FAR blown up 5 times on the launchpad.. before I even turn on the engines.

Finally got my mini-base out of Kerbin's sphere of influence and on it's way Eve with 3 Kerbals aboard. Had 3 successful Kerbin landing tests and one failure when my landing site alititude was too high. I'm confident Eve's thicker atmosphere will make up for any landing balls ups, just have to be cautious not to drop the damn thing in the drink.

Verified docking operations of the (previously used) unmanned and manned Small Moon Landers together with the second ship in the Cordlia class in Minmus (which already has been visited) space in preparation for missions to un-visited small moons.

ksp-130916-cordelia-08.jpg

ksp-130916-cordelia-10.jpg

Finished refueling the beast.

KNJuX8n.png

Had to launch 7 refueling probes with 150 ton fuel each to fill it up after the ssto launch.

The solar panels on the end of the refueling probe is an docked module on the lander, found it run out of power then I docked with it as SAS was one so it 4x400 power batteries and four solar panels who was brought up by previous refueling probes. Caused a lots of confusion as the core is an 45 liter tank, this was drained after docking and then topping of the tanks I was 90 liter short :)

After two solid months of work and hundreds of failed launch attempts, engineers gave one last shot at a 17 tank fuel truck. Instead of treating the assemblage as a single rocket, they attempted to bolt multiple sets of self-sufficient stages together to be launched as one piece

eFVbg5G.jpg

Each section worked flawlessly and had a large reserve of power

GGYzZDM.png

...as can be seen here. Wanting to finally go home to their spouses and future Kerbalnauts, the decision was made to simply throw together a 12 tank variant and make extra launches.

e5eQyj6.jpg

Engineers are now beginning cleanup of the Kerbin Sea, which is now primarily composed of strut material, orange tank debris, and rocket fuel.

RTPlCB5.png

Oh, and another White Dwarf engine stage was launched.

Today I mapped the Mun and found 'anomalies'...oooh, what could they be?

[spoilers]

375947934FF2839B42A4B51391657F3DB4C29CE9[/spoilers]

Only one way to find out, go check them all. I made a lander with a rover attached via docking ports and at exactly the right height to re-attach itself when it's finished roving so I can fly it to the next point of interest. Here's me testing it out at the KSC. Not sure he's in such a happy place right now!

74E3134A7A071867F52C8EDB2AE2E0A39ADD0F35

Fuel lines have now been attached.

Wow!! This looks cool! Moar pictures!!

Here you go:

Driving the module to docking position, in the right background you can see my rover hub.

WEPdy9J.jpg

Closer look at the rover hub:

ozBsz52.jpg

The 2 girder sections where the rovers are attached are able to rotate freely 360°. The middle part and the edges stay thanks to 2 pairs of counter rotating docking washers.

To the left you can see the skycrane that brought every module safely down to the surface from a low orbit.

rbjxw0i.jpg

All base modules have shielded docking ports underneath. The rovers themselves consist of a shielded docking port and a reactor and height adjustable wheels.

PeIj6Su.jpg

^^whoooohhh whats that thing for!! Crazy.

Jool accent, it can go down to zero attitude on Jool and out again. 21500 m/s dV.

Has tested it with hyperedit and it work, the 24 LV-N and the 8 orange tanks are for taking it to Jool, however I will need an 7-8 more orange tanks to refuel it in low Jool orbit.

Currently making the long range refueler who will follow it.

Finally sent the Storax Anacostia 7 lander down to the surface of Duna. Wound up not needing the fuel in the central descent stage tank at all, which makes me awful glad I'd drained the ascent stage central tank into the CSM for the return trip (transferred all that unneccessary fuel for the descent stage into the ascent stage). Naturally, I landed at night and without the help of KER (used the old IVA radar altimeter trick to get the job done). First part of surface operations is complete, but the bigger task - collecting a sample from the Dunan ice caps - lies ahead (a ball buster, as the mission landed near the equator...).

Looks like I've got several nights of driving ahead. Joy. And with underpowered mini rovers too...

Took a break from the game and robbed a few banks with some friends. (Payday 2 is a nice sequel.)

Though always kept watching KSP videos, stalked and poked the forums, and today caught up on this thread - about 20 pages.

Tried to built a interstellar ship the way I imagined it, but it didn't quite work out and lost a bit of drive over it.

Three weeks of vacation coming up, lots of time to get into it once again.

FkF7YaP.jpg

Those little gizmos on the craft! Makes it look quite real - like a privateer's patched workhorse. :)

Not a big feat compared to some of the other things I see on here, but it was a big deal for me :)

That you staid on the mission despite all obstacles and the time spent on failed attempts is a feat in its own right!

My Little Dassault Rafale squad did a recon check over KSC:

EvTWMZd.png

Tell us, how do you fly them in formation?!

Also just found out that you can double click on a window in IVA to look out of it.

This I did too - while reading you post!

Hi, Zekes! It's been a long time since the days when trading a save file back and forth to build group landing sites, hasn't it?

Today I docked yet another fueler to my B9 interplanetary cruiser and dumped in the fuel then coasted off towards the rear to get a rough measurement. Apparently it's 50-60 meters long, kinda hard to eyeball and hover over the cabin at the same time:

SElXmYk.jpg

Apparently I'll need 10-12 more of these fuelers to top it off - might be time to borrow Meltro's design!

The Kerbals of Mun Prograde City were not completely happy with the satellite network delivered by KSC. Satellites tended to converge every few hours, and coverage was patchy. So they took it upon themselves to fix it.

Here is city commander Dontop Kerman overseeing a launch. The first (ever) launch from the Munar Space Center was unsuccessful, but this one was.

mQeHWl1.png

It has everything you would want in a rocket. SRBs, stages, a pointy-ish end, everything.

Now, Mun Sat 5 and Mun Sat 6 orbit exactly opposite Mun Sat One and Mun Sat Two. (Name system difference deliberate.)

YPmIS24.jpg

Dontop Kerman. He has plans. Lots of plants.

XDl9LYX.jpg

Then I drove him back to the habitation module, where he parked the rover like this.

IExGqlh.jpg

Found out that while I could play at 215 parts sort of alright. But, this 400+ one just kills it even more:

0C800EF9F823529242C407AF494D093A4D703821

Such a shame to. Was looking forwards to having Jeb try it out.

Edit: Tossed Jeb from the main saile engine. Those things sure can toss a kerbal high up into the air:

48275AB03BA96C0CBB7736BFA39889C80F6F9F38

Edited by Aragosnat