What did you do in KSP1 today?

Xeldrak

I got an impactor to Jool in 31 days. It hit at 27.1 km/s.

Here it is Launching

5sfw3rM.jpg

Orbit.

h6wsqIK.jpg

Post- 16.5 km/s ejection burn.

DD3ylHy.jpg

intercept

L4EzBvQ.jpg

HlYRKmb.jpg

Impact

IhdjvyU.jpg

Strange things happen when pulling 1400 drag g's

uhvTsZA.jpg

Still in one piece. Somehow. Anyway check the max drag g's there and the mission clock

YxpRKMZ.jpg

And all three major moons lined up for a photo.

9M9BWlH.jpg

How does one link an imgur album?

Well today I had fun with drop pods, A.K.A. CoM with parachutes, onto Duna:

A6090424EB4E383E0B4B9478A073556B0ADBD4BA

Sorry for the darkness. It was at night and did not feel like waiting for day and needless to say I also dropped them also under 1 km from my Kerbal Mass Driver. Which was the whole point of me sending the Kerbals there. It needs more test subjects. Had them run over there too. They needed the excersise anyways. Next up in a bit. I'll be trying to land the rover that will reposition the Kerbal Mass Driver.

screenshot334.png

Had a dramatic moment retrieving a crew of 6 of my best Kerbals, including Bob, Bill and Jeb from my station for use in more interesting missions. The node carrying all of the parachutes broke off at 2,000m ASL (note: this did not happen during tests), giving me a few seconds to fire up the maneuvers engine and get the shuttle out of a tumble for a soft landing. Nobody was hurt. I think this was the quickest I ever reacted to anything happening in KSP.

screenshot335.png

EDIT: the node actually landed upside-down just a couple dozen meters away from the shuttle. Here's Bill posing.

Edited by rodion

Word of caution - never slide under your base. You'll get stuck and when you stand up, this will happen.

flop.png

Tried to go on a mission of saving a defunctional satellite. Docking and retrieval by Jebediah. Derped the direction of the launch, but then tried to induce a collision. Could not get more precise than this.

Almost 2 km/s of relative velocity and whizzing by the satellite at around half a kilometre. It was so fast I never actually saw it. Jebediah was amazed, as always.

bang.png

Landed and Returned from Eeloo for the first time:

The "Far Discovery" in orbit above Kerbin

2013-09-28_00005_zps048cf6da.jpg

Capture Burn above Eeloo

2013-09-28_00028_zps172ef9ec.jpg

Detachment of the lander

2013-09-28_00043_zps10ca7186.jpg

Landing Successful

2013-09-28_00055_zpsde7c9d10.jpg

Rendezvous and docking of the lander

2013-09-28_00065_zps8e454bec.jpg

Return and approach to Kerbin at 4.5km/s

2013-09-28_00075_zps4f57b2d3.jpg

Violent Aero-braking

2013-09-28_00090_zpsb8624435.jpg

Shuttle docking and extraction of 8 crew aboard

2013-09-29_00006_zps74de1b37.jpg

Return to KSC, the 8 crew-members of Far Discovery

2013-09-29_00047_zpsc0fbe952.jpg

I got the guys in my ARS-LDR Ares I home after an exploratory mission on Duna and Ike. Now KSC council is deliberating on whether to obliterate ARS Bucephalus and ARS Vanquisher, both of which are fully staffed with Kerbals who are probably starving to death already. Due to a design flaw, they can't be rescued and can't land back to Kerbin again. So what better way there is than to euthanize them?

Okay, i rarely post here, but today, after playing this game since before the mun was even a thing, i finally docked all by myself, without mechjeb (well, not true, i use it to determine my ship's delta-v, but that's it)

I've been playing for a while, landed and came back from the Mun, Minmus, landed probes on Duna, Ike and even crashed on Eve once. But one thing i never managed to do myself was Rendez-vous and docking, i had done it many times with Mechjeb, but i've since decided i wanted to go all manual (nothing wrong with using Mechjeb, some people like designing more than piloting) but anyhow, it's a tiny station, simple as all hell and for many of you it may be stupidly easy, but today i've done something i'd been shying away from for a long time. I present you, the first 2 stages of the space station: The Great Eye!

c2w6bcS.png

Next step, building a ship in orbit to go and come back from Duna!

I landed on Minmus for the first time.

Minmus-02.png

While Jeb took care of running the Kethane drill, Bob took a hike to the nearby hills. Here he takes a look back toward the lander, about 2.3 km away. It is the tiny black dot toward the left edge of the hill in the distance. The hill is much farther away.

Minmus-04.png

After Bob returned, Jeb took a brief walk outside, then climbed atop the lander where he was greeted with Moho rising above the horizon. Maybe it was just a smudge, Jeb is not too good at astonomy.

Minmus-05.png

Pretty much getting the hang of KSP now. Over this weekend I have:

Got a space station around Kerbin going

Landed rovers on Minmus and the Mun

Launched two space planes to dock with said space station.

Crashed my Minmus rover, spreading junk over a 1k hillside.

Dumped an empty space plane (poorly designed/damaged) into the atmosphere to crash into the ocean, tugged into descent by the other space plane.

Landed the single remaining space plane at the KSP.

To think that before Friday I struggled to get to the Mun, 120 hours of pain, 25 hours of success!

I had built several space stations, done dozens of dockings, landed only a probe on the Mun and explored Kerbin before but nothing as successful as the last 48 hours!

0DB69660F2F59DD70C65555586E79AE105366B98

E4A88A7FD8B3B1E29D0ADC76A7D7AA438CE024EA

372AD9CF631C1A38B0452C7C4D4AB0B465E9B0F0

51AFC62AA7B0D878498A3F20BDCCAD2E1BEF7418

FDFA77705B6DC9B2DE0ED5E6686CE0DC2DE41CCF

Limit, I love the solar panel design on the Far Discovery!

My two big ships are still on their way to Jool. I'm working on landing an oversized 6-seater enclosed rover on the Mun and then landing a base near it. The rover's in orbit around the Mun and I should be landing it sometime today, but first I need to refuel the 4 small rockets it's using for landing.

Been working on the Zenith orbiter pretty mutch all week. Lots and lots of bugfixing. It's still not finished, but it's getting there.

2HQElsd.png

What I've done:

• rerouted fuel lines to be more efficent

• replaced chemical Orbital engines with LV-Ns

• cut fuel flow from onboard tanks to main lifting engines

• replaced jet engine with a turbojet engine

• cut part count in half, then doubled the part count... :confused:

• now with 300% more monopropellant!(400 units)

It was early this morning... I completed the Kerbin Circumnavigation Challenge. After going through about 20 different designs that did not work for one reason or another, I finally put one together that did not need much tweaking.

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/25884-Kerbin-Circumnavigation-Challenge-Reloaded-New-Rules-Once-More?p=665821&viewfull=1#post665821

Today I finished my ultra-low part count station. The total parts come in at 98, with two docked Command modules to bring it to 138. I constructed the initial base of my Münar Intermediary Station in orbit.I I did a flyby of Eve and Minmus as well.

KES Layout

dVnEu31.png

KES

ic3ZXyM.png

MIS

0iBeB9Z.png

Eve Flyby

apMnlk3.png

Eve

F2wNsxi.png

Minmus Flyby

6gQj34j.png

Hopefully more awesome stations and bases coming soon!

I made a seaplane. The first version had extra engine pointed down, but I decided that was cheating. After a couple days of revising the design, I've come up with something that works surprisingly well. It's able to land on both water and solid ground, is pretty nimble in the air, and can take off at under 30 m/s.

lp7tO5zl.pngZZpTNDsl.png

Established the foundation for my first artificial gravity system. It span will be over 70m and it will be able to house 16 Kerbals. There are ladders on its structural components so I hope to achieve Kerbals climbing up and down from their habitat at positive G to the center where the supply ship is, which is at negligible acceleration.

Building this is quite tedious because it has to be launched in 9 sections. The station orbits Kerbin at around 45° inclination and 150 km height.

I might even increase its span to over 100m, but I'm afraid the stability won't be great.

Tested out a Laythe-bound tanker in orbit.

10009658106_b50846a61c_c.jpg

Had to push them apart with a sacrificial Kerbal who ran out of jetpack fuel & went spinning off into the distance ( should really grab a winch cable next time I do that ) so I had to scramble the SAR plane, which ended up as "redesigned the SAR plane".

10009805326_3619f977ec_c.jpg

The bay isn't usually open for climb-out, but that is a usual climb profile :P

And started off a sight-seeing jaunt around Kerbin by stopping off at KSC2.

10009623825_7741820ac6_c.jpg

Fun place to fly into, I have to say.