What did you do in KSP1 today?

Xeldrak

While flying a solar-dependent plane west along Duna's equator, I outran the rising sun twice so had to make 2 night landings and got to watch 3 sunrises on the same day :). This pic is the 3rd dawn of the same day, seen just as the severely jet-lagged crew finally made it back to base.

wCIXEwI.jpg

Put together a couple of designs for some folks here on the forums (one was 16 tonnes of rover to Minmus, the other a one-way Tylo lander). Tried to come up with a "unified SSTO rocket theory"; am going to have to do more on the fly designs to see if it works like I think it does.

Otherwise it was pretty quiet on the Kerbal front today. Really am considering what I want to do next with the game. Moho's an option now, and I'd still like to do a round-trip eve mission; the Evil Eye was a bust - still trying to figure out what happened there, but with most of the exterior stages gone before making Kerbin orbit, I figured a return from Eve was out of the question.

I accidentally made what was supposed to be an innocent Jool station... this:

I swear I didn't mean to. :3

I had a fantastic Medium Kethane Miner that worked in every fashion I wanted.....then I popped out the solar panels in LKO and DOHHHHHHH!

KSRV - Kerbin Standrad Rescue Vessel

12724965.t.jpg

Took me lots of time to develop as simple it is. Reconised plenty to improve allready but it works for it purpose.

(In my kerbal space program no kerbals ever are left behind)

Edited by TUFOM

Today was the first day of my rebooted campaign (stupid crashy crashy)

-Launched Kutnick-1 (first LKO satelite)

-Launched Moho-1 mission (despite it's name it was actually just a 1 man LKO flight)

-Launched Moho-2 mission (bigger rocket, 3 man LKO)

-Launched Moho-3 mission (3 man launch on a modified Moho-2, managed my first free return to/from the Mun! My kerbals got a nice close view of the mun as they whizzed past the dark side about 20km above the surface. Needed 2 correction burns (one to dodge the munar surface, one to widen my return orbit out enough not to crash and burn. I'm using deadly re-entry).

Took a whole orbit to burn and aerobrake into atmosphere, but the re-entry was successful with everyone returning safe and sound! Only 11.5 hours mission time too

Feeling pretty happy. Normally someone's died by now!

Oh and I jumped on the ribbon bandwagon :D

Today I designed and launched an Eve lander, not for return, just a little probe for fun. It also came with a satellite. This is in my game where I dropped MechJeb, Kethane, and KAS. When I went for the transfer burn I remembered why I had originally got MechJeb: the SAS is complete ****. I managed to muscle the thing through the transfer burn but it was so munged up I had to use the satellite as a secondary bus because what I thought was ample fuel wasn't because I was chasing a blue marker instead of watching an actual transfer burn happen. What is actually a manageable off-center craft for the old ASAS or MechJeb is uncontrollable by the new SAS.

Reminder to self: don't try to build anything pretty in 0.22.

What really made me mad was the AIES solar panels on my lander breaking when I tried to open them. Of course, the lander came down on a hill and fell over, so I suppose that's a moot point.

Today I sent up my newest and best ship, Kerbal 1, which is basically SumGai's Service Module System with a pretty kick-ass launcher. Included with the package was testing equipment for KAS 4.0, which went like a charm.

After that I boosted it to a 500km orbit and docked it with a small cargo ship carrying large containers full of equipment. My ship's crew then spent a few happy hours attached to what was now a small space station with their grappling lines, floating about and building up the research outpost from what was in the boxes. It was really awesome to be able to build a space station from what I'd sent up into space :)

I got my first Kethane drilling outpost landed on Minmus, with almost no issues at all.

Nope. No issues at all. Ignore those completely irrelevant rocket parts lying next to the Kethane tank and drills. They are immaterial to the fact that the whole setup is working.

(at half capacity because among the other things that fell off in landing were 2 drills)

kethane_1.png

Landed my first probe on Duna. Its the first time I've had a ship successfully travel outside the Kerbin system. Now I have a several more ships in transit to Duna, plus a ship going to Jool, and a ship waiting for a transit window to Dres. Go me!

dunaprobe.png

As I'm still waiting for 0.22 to begin my grand tour, my massive interplanetary craft sit idle. I decided to download Kethane and give it a go.

f0uq3YM.png

It would appear that refueling one of my ships would take almost an entire kethane patch :(

Also, I need moar drill

Today, I went mod crazy. After getting the B9 pack and loving it, then spending ages working out why it crashed my game a lot, (something to do with clashing with the new MapSat it turned out, I might have had it installed badly though, more testing required), I decided I needed more mods in my life.

I went and got:

1) Navigational lights

2) NovaPunch

3) KW

4) Magic robotics thingy

5) Hollow structures, (this one crashed my game before it even loaded, which was new!)

6) AIES

7) Parts catalogue

8) Robodyne cargo bays

9) Kerpaint

When I tried to load it up it crashed straight after the loading screen finished loading all the parts. Working backwards I found the Hollow structures made it crash then, the NovaPunch made it crash a lot. (I think I read somewhere it clashes with B9 did I...possibly? Dunno.)

But after some rather annoying, but oh so worthwhile, testing I now have a stable game with most of the mods I wanted running fine.

Hats off to all you modders out there, I'm so stoked about using those robotic parts and flashing lights and all the nice stuff and then painting stuff and...and...and....loads more.

Thank you all.

Also, I tried to make a spaceplane, failed for ages and then finally got something off the ground. I called it, 'The Bitch', cuz it is one.

06A2E38E855A5EB026FAD2088FFE6D4CBF4EFB84

858406BB131A62848BD50A1720B371FA016AD2DE

Edited by Monkeh

Had to do my first rendezvous to rescue Bill Kerman. Apparently he was a stow away on one of my (supposed to be) unmanned kerbo-mapping satellites. He was going to be the first Kerbal to do a space walk as part of my Kerbinai program, which he still was, but now it was because I had to rescue him.