What did you do in KSP1 today?

Xeldrak

I got a 7 ships caravan towards Minmus for building a kethane base and an orbital refueling station. Each ships payload is about 75tone . So its quiet the caravan. Of and i forgot the 2 ships following with 1 heavy duty rovers each for orbital-land base randevouze.

Today, I opened up 0.20 to finish of my probic Jool Moons Tour.

After scanning Bop, Jooluis Xena dispatched its second last rover.

LZdM3vZ.png

Aiming with mapsat, I guided it down to one particular anomaly...

gQBGd23.png

As I drove closer, I switched to the rovers on board camera. It only has one, fixed and looking forward, as these rovers had to be light and simple. I was very cautious when approaching, and circling the beast, especially when it was out of view. But, when I got round the front, I was reassured the creature was definitely dead.

Then I went and visited my other rovers on the inner moons of Jool. When I get round to landing on Pol, I'll've finally touched every body in the solar system.

I was checking out the Open-Source Aesthetics Tips thread the other night and got it in my head to build a Soyuz-style craft. I used KW, AIES, Procedural Fairings, and my own hand-rolled stock-replacement engines to make this happen. It's a bit stubby for a Soyuz but a Hitchhiker on top of the reentry pod really didn't look right.

Javascript is disabled. View full album

I contemplated suicide and didn't play KSP

still contemplated.

Please, call a Hotline immediately!

Suicide isn't a solution! I don't know you or the trouble you are in, but there is ALWAYS a better way to handle it.

I've got a special (KSP)challenge for you: PM me every day now and tell me whatever you want. I'll try to help you, even when my english is very bad...

I got a ship into orbit around Kerbin, the plan is to go to the Mun with it but I need to change the orbital axis first to match the Mun's before I do a burn to go there, only started playing KSP yesterday! Got a satellite into orbit last night!

Delivered a rover to my Munar research outpost near an arch. It took a little tumble down a hill, but luckily landed right-side up with nothing broken. The skycrane even made it into a 9x80k orbit for later recovery.

Launched a HUGE solar-electric spacecraft to orbit. It's waiting for the next launch window to open to anywhere. I'm hoping to make a "grand tour" with it, and I have high hopes, especially since I have 24,000+ m/s dV aboard. I'll have to post pics of it. It's so big, even Jeb's afraid to come within 2 km of it!

Nothing particularly crazy, I launched a network of 12 tiny communications satellites around Kerbin, another 3 around both Minmus and the Mun. My new save has yet to progress past the Kerbin system, so no interplanetary travel yet.

screenshot358.png

Apologies if you can't make much out, but this is the most painful (successful) landing I've ever done. I had so little light I couldn't even check my own shadow (yes, I was stupid and forgot a lamp), it was basically instruments only. The angle was so unstable that the mere act of loading the scene was enough to make the lander slowly tip over and break. After a few tries I moved it to a slightly better place 4km up the crater field.

screenshot359.png

The result (after an accelerated rest until midday) - well met, komrades! The big tanker-rover will be abandoned on the surface since it was...pretty useless, actually. Subassembly will make these things much handier in the future. This is the first time I got crews of separate missions to meet up with each other on the surface of any body except Kerbin. Bill took these guys home.

Try throwing 70 tons and docking without RCS.

wow! Impressive.

The biggest thing's ive put together was a 60 ton fuel module on a 150 ton Station with really flimsy Sr. docking ports. Took about an hour, but i did it. and i got the solar panels to line up.

AzI2kl7.jpg

I built a SSTO Spaceplane out of (mainly) B9 Aerospace parts. It has a SCIENCE!â„¢ bay (instruments, batteries, xenon tank, RCS tanks), a payload bay and enough fuel to get to orbit with some leeway. Pictured above is the Mun/Minmus lander that was docked in the payload bay moving to a parking position while an (off-screen) refuelling rig is readied to dock and refill the tanks.

17B497A0E8FDF09D7C748B31BC516404FE5DC0C6

In the middle of a 2 hour, 30 minute ion engine "burn" that will sling me around the sun and meet up with Eve in about a month. Mechjeb is an absolute must for that kind of work...

EDIT: Burn completed without issue. Craft has entered a 35 day cruise down inside the orbit of Moho, then back up to Eve. I have two options at that point: a two hour flyby window (SoI shift to SoI shift), or enter into orbit.

Decisions, decisions. :P

Edited by MaverickSawyer

First manned mission to Duna with an actual return to Kerbin. 2 Kerbals, Bob and Bill.

Few months ago I made a total KSP spree, landing Kerbals on every body except Tylo, without return. Now I use a rational approach. Everything has been visited my probes (except Tylo), and only Mün, Minmus and Duna had Kerbals jumping around.