What did you do in KSP1 today?

Xeldrak

You can try to bounce back and forth between the moons instead of going into a low Jool orbit. It can net you a metric ton of science. Just spam your experiments while you are flying by. Aim for Tylo.

I did pretty well, if you ask me.

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/59714-My-first-ever-trip-to-Jool

math math math

no, I mean... the odds of me shooting STRAIGHT into jool, and just-so-happen to have a direct aerobrake-worthy laythe periapsis without even really doing anything to try and get that.

Edited by User Unrelated

I spent the day working on a lander for Duna/Eve mission, but not 100% sold on my design yet. I still need a tug though, but for that I am thinking an unmanned probe with atomic motors, docking ports, fuel, and RCS. I still would like to try a single lander mission without docking, but not sure if I can do that right now. :(

I launched the Aeris 4A into orbit for the first time and had a critical failure 500m above the ground during landing (fuel tanks all exploded), which almost led to Jebediah's death. He was only saved by a Vanguard EVA Parachute.:P:D:sticktongue::wink:

Oh wait I lost Bill today also. I was practicing docking maneuvers and went to bring the ships back home....well decoupling the ships must be a bad thing. I had chutes deployed on both, but sadly Bill is lost. I guess I need more practice or do like I thought and just use a probe tug for interstellar transporting of the landers.

Noticed it wasnt and so did so and added KAS to the techtree.

Launched a refueling ship to rescue my failed Minmus expedition - only to notice after I got it into orbit and was about to start rendezvous burns, that I could have just enabled fuel transfer for the fairing base between two tanks and start off right away ...

Didnt go far, stumbled over a bug that crashes my game repeatedly ...

Kerbin > Minmus (top off tanks) > Duna > Ike (Top off tanks) > Jool > .... WHEEEEE GRAVITY SLINGSHOTS > ohcrap too much fuel burned, where can I land...

image.php?ribbon=16821

Updated signature... and a moment of silence for Jeb's last tour... :(

Made an Apollo-style mission to landing on Duna, ascended back up, exited Duna's sphere of influence, only to notice that I don't have enough dV to make it back to Kerbin. So I sent out a rescue mission to rendezvous in Kerbol orbit, which went just fine. The next problem was that the rescue vehicle had room for enough Kerbals, but only one of the pods had parachutes. So I had to send another "rescue" mission up into Kerbin orbit to get the last guy out of his misery. They all made it back home safely.

The Kraken is going to love you.

I dunno. There's a rumor the Kraken is dead and one of these ships is tasked with bringing back proof of that :).

Now I know what it looks like when a planet has explosive diarrhea. >_<

I was thinking the same thing. I'm also thinking that Kerbin is now on a death spiral into the sun. Throwing all this mass out prograde should have reduced its orbital velocity by quite a bit ;).

Minmus decided it didn't want a station...

After three failed launches of the station core, another failed launch of the power station and a failed launch of the final fuel tank I thought I was almost done.

As it stands now I have 2 large part warehouses set to slingshot around Minmus and probably leave Kerbin SOI (Orbit view says it will, I think it might come back) because the tug I was using to to move it into place that had moved all of those pieces into place without fuel worries decided one of the lightest parts would drain its tanks mid way to the moon.

[TABLE=width: 800]

<tbody>[TR]

[TD]After the press had finally wandered away from the facility, Bilster went on a tour of the space center. So much has changed since he left with the Duna Explorer mission, three years ago!

Look at all this fuel by the hangar! Who'd ever need this much at once? >_>

screenshot979.png[/TD]

[/TR]

</tbody>[/TABLE]