What did you do in KSP1 today?

Xeldrak

Oah... that is so depressing. :D

What's even more depressing is the roleplay storyline I did with that plot. At around the beginning of Day 3, most Kerbals went insane due to the fact that they would die due to the Gas Giant and began to cause several wreckages across the cities, eventually killing each other. That pictured rover is the only thing that survived the chaos by hiding in the Insular Airfield's hangar, although it is unmanned.

Fortunately, Kerbalkind isn't completely over yet, as there are six kerbals on orbit around Laythe, laying in a space station. Unfortunately for them, though, they don't have a lander vehicle, and the station isn't designed to land, so they will have to land by themselves using the kerballed parachutes on the side of the station. And, since there are only five parachutes, one of them cannot go.

Bailed out of Moho orbit for the second time in a single game-year without undocking my lander. Getting closer though...

I know the lander can make the transfer to surface and back to the CM, I even 'simulated' it once just to see, but theres just not enough in the CM at that point to get it all home. So it's another mapping mission, have a couple of viable sites at varying latitude now that look doable and have completely tapped out the science above the surface. Without making the landing the Interplanetary nuke can burn that fuel and bring em all back while I get mk III ready for the next window.

Meanwhile work has been underway in the SPH with 3 new ssto spaceplane designs being approved. All can make the transfer to my HKO station with varying crew/payload ratios. Testing unfortunately claimed the lives of 4 test-pilots (whitesuits). Despite this the next project gearing up is a spaceplane designed for Laythe, which must be flight-capable by next months Jool window.

Work on my first vanilla Jool departure has been so anticipated that I now have 11 craft in space prepping for that window. the 11 interplanetary craft are all CM/landers, with a variety of lander designs destined for different moons. As I write this there are a further 19 support craft in LKO or higher, tankers, tugs etc. Several craft are carrying probe rovers/landers and since I use RemoteTech I am now designing a comms-hub craft to travel in the middle of the armada. Basically an unmanned vessel with a dish and the biggest omni-directional I can fit. Every CM in the fleet then carries max-ranged omni's also. This means the entire fleet must travel as a pack or I will lose control of unmanned vessels. Hopefully once at Jool there will be enough CMs sitting about round various moons that I at least get regular semi-predictable control windows for the rovers and unmanned landers to get the job done. I am carrying a couple of relay sats along to help with this.

Edit: I also just this moment reliased that every CM/lander design i've built, of which at least 25 are currently in space, has no re-entry ability for the CM pilot. Guess im gonna have to bring em in through the station and spaceplanes. Well that design error stops right now, its what happens when you throw kerbals everywhere and the first mission is still running as the 26th launches. My first failed moho shot is first back in a week's time, cant wait for the rain of science over the next few months

Edited by celem

Today I made a ship composed of three parts, assembled in LKO, to go to Duna .The ship has a command pod to land in Duna, the main engine for planet transfer, and a detachable smaller lander to go to Ike (at least that is the plan)

Got some problems with the docking parts .I put some docking ports the wrong way and realized after launching two ships and trying to couple them.

Then sent the ships another time, but that time I forgot to include RCS tanks XD, so I sent the small lander with an extra decoupling stage with some RCS, and then a refueling ship with some KAS struts to add support, got all the afternoon EVAing like a real spacewalk :)

Few days ago. Eve has a new colony as well as finished my tech tree from all the science points. Still going to Hit all the Mün's biospheres just for the fun of it. Might happen today maybe tomorrow. Played Minecraft recently as it helps pass the time for 0.23 to be released.

How did you do that?!?
I made a galaxy class starship with B9, procedural fairings, and the warpdrive mod. It carries 76 kerbals and a shuttlecraft. Now I need to find a way to launch it into orbit...

To both:

Hyperedit.

You're welcome. :D

(And HOLY CARP BahamutoD, that looks SWEET!)

Today, I learned that solar panels are a load-bearing structure:

KaBvlsF.png

But seriously, I spent the day fine-tuning my spaceplane design to have a slight up-angle on the nose to help with takeoffs, without going TOO overboard to where landings become impossible. Thing is, I keep making the plane a little bigger; the first generation of it was ~23 tons in the field, while the latest iteration is almost exactly 34 tons. But the thing's just fantastic now; easily gets to orbit, can fly to Laythe after refueling in LKO, and it handles beautifully.

Now I just have to force myself to stop tweaking it...

After nearly 641 days Jeb is finally home. I finally got the never up to bring him back from Duna and it was a success....sort of. While I made it home just fine, I did not get to leave my Tug in orbit like I wanted to inorder to reuse it again for another mission (not that on my test save this is a big deal).

y4ms.png

Jeb is finally able to see grass again!

7kth.png

Decided to try to do a big landing on the Mun with a large crew. It was a bit of a disaster. I managed to work out launch issues and keep the thing from falling apart and wobbling all over the place. Then I found out that I didn't have enough fuel to return from the surface of the Mun. That and the lander's terrible instability meant a rough landing. So even if it had enough fuel to return to orbit. Somebody would have to be holding onto a ladder as the cupola had fallen off.

gcuGhYh.jpg

Then I tried to line up the crew for a group photo, but then wouldn't behave and kept falling off the ship.

M0tqgt0.jpg

So I guess now I've got a full compliment of crew (11 to be exact) on the surface waiting for me to build a base for them to live in.

I made a galaxy class starship with B9, procedural fairings, and the warpdrive mod. It carries 76 kerbals and a shuttlecraft. Now I need to find a way to launch it into orbit...

YUv8lWK.png

m9wjZxy.png

I'ma gonna suggest you hack gravity, just like J. J. Abrams did (except in reverse...).

That's pretty sweet lookin'...

EDIT: Ninja'd by the Deadweasel.

Myself, last night I finished up the Sandstoke Yoke mission to put a probe around every moon in the Jool system. With one exception, the mission was a resounding success. Laythe gave me a few headaches but I finally figured out what I was doing.

Edited by capi3101

Stark proof that there's no such thing as a routine mission-- during a "routine" EVA just west of a Mun arch, Gordo Kerman lost his footing atop a sheer crater wall and fell roughly 1.25 kilometres to his death.

RIP Gordo.

Edited by Jack Wolfe

YUv8lWK.png

m9wjZxy.png

Looks more like a Constitution to me. But all the better! :D

To both:

Hyperedit.

You're welcome. :D

I'ma gonna suggest you hack gravity, just like J. J. Abrams did (except in reverse...).

I finally did it without cheats! It took hours of painfully slow attempts... too many parts. I guess this is a good time to try out that part welding mod.

Looks more like a Constitution to me. But all the better! :D

Yes, perhaps. To be honest I don't know much about Star Trek ships. I guess this is still way smaller than the Enterprise.

I finally did it without cheats! It took hours of painfully slow attempts... too many parts. I guess this is a good time to try out that part welding mod.

I dub thee: NCC-KX01 "Expedition"!

Side-note: Interesting how your computer handles the lag, with the odd regular gaps in processing. Unless you're on a laptop with a 5400 RPM drive, or relatively low-powered video card that's struggling with the game and simultaneous video capture.

I dub thee: NCC-KX01 "Expedition"!

Side-note: Interesting how your computer handles the lag, with the odd regular gaps in processing. Unless you're on a laptop with a 5400 RPM drive, or relatively low-powered video card that's struggling with the game and simultaneous video capture.

Is that not normal? I have a pretty decent system with a 7200rpm drive, 660ti, and i5-3570k but this happens whenever I have a high part count ship. Its pretty annoying with the throttle noise cutting in and out..

Is that not normal? I have a pretty decent system with a 7200rpm drive, 660ti, and i5-3570k but this happens whenever I have a high part count ship. Its pretty annoying with the throttle noise cutting in and out..

I get that skipping every ten seconds or so on a high part count ship, but the frame rate in general will be low. The actual skips aren't nearly that frequent for me, but it's really hard to try to pin down what's "normal" where PCs are concerned. I have a 550ti card and the game runs from a 7200rpm drive. The major difference between us may be either in driver versions or in other apps running on the system.

For example, I refuse to run the latest nVidia drivers because they've had a bug in them in the last few versions for our cards, where the system will lock up solid with some ludicrous and irrational error showing in the system logs. I had to fall back to version 314.22 because of it, and I left out all the stupid auto-updater and 3D junk (which hog unreasonable amounts of memory) as well.

First mission to Duna (and first time to make a multipart ship assembled in LKO), by chance I got Ike to help doing a gravity-assisted brake, and got into a elliptical orbit around Duna with little dV. Also, as I had a lander for Ike, I dropped it while in Ike SOI, landed and went back to Duna, using aerobreak to get into a 200km circular orbit.

Today I saved 1k dV by pure luck!!! Also, I did 3k science points and unlocked almost everything :)

Picture of the gravity assisted brake

yqakBNI.jpg

I'm bring everyone back before .23

Bob and team are back from the Munar One base. The tried and tested Phoenix I is in good shape in Duna orbit to pick up Bill and his team, despite some earlier staging problems with the KW booster and the loss of one of the engines.

The highly experimental Rescue II is en route to Laythe to hopefully pick up Jeb and his crew.

After that I'm doing unmanned and LKO missions until .23

Edited by FlamedSteak