What did you do in KSP1 today?

Xeldrak

Well aside from doing a video on exploring Laythe in the name of science:

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="//www.youtube-nocookie.com/embed/Eilk40Gwg48" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I also designed an airship called the Highwind, and I'm just putting it through shakedown now:

screenshot176_zpsadf95fc2.png

Edited by Richy teh space man

continued testing of my heavy module transporter. forgot to bring a kerbal along with, however, so I had to stop and send out a rover with kerbals to fix it. led me to develop a "utility rover". basically, it's a rolling toolbox. it carries KAS parts for my bases, as well as spare rover and module parts. also equipped with 14 winches in case something needs pulling. equipped with a light tower for wide-area illumination. working in the dark is overrated.

(i'll edit this with screenshots, soon as I take some)

I started up a new save, and I immediately killed Jeb, Bill, Bob, and two redshirts on reentry, testing my Orion capsule and Ares I launcher (resized BobCat Orion pod, StretchySRB tanks and solids). The chutes ripped off when I accidentally triggered physics acceleration at 560 meters.

Began to design the craft for my first manned mission to Mars in the real solar system mod, again using a single launch mission profile and stock parts (except for TAC and DE components).

This has resulted in the most capable launcher I've built so far (Not using joint reinforcement mod).

ToMars.png

macollo that launcher is about 5 times bigger than anything i've ever built... How is the staging for the top part? i can see a couple sections in there but can't quite tell if it's more than 1 lander. Today was my first successful mining mission. It's also the heaviest thing i've tried to land on another planet, so after crashing and quickloading about 7-8 times, it felt sooooo good touching down with this thing!

olsibn8.jpg

Any thoughts on what you can see of my first miner design? All i wanted it to do was be able to land, refuel, and come home. My first experiment with Kethane went pretty well i think =) (I guess my real first experiment never made it into kerbin orbit... but let's not count that one xD). Next I think i'm gonna make a mining "base" with some extra shuttle stage on it to bring fuel tanks into low orbit and back to refill.

Edited by Lucy1nTheSky
Fixed image

My new space program seems to be built out of defective pieces. Both my current tug (which forms most of my Kethane miner on Minmus) and the orbital refinery have problems with their RCS systems that have resulted in minor damage to the station. Tomorrow I will be launching a replacement refinery to Minmus which will be establishing an even higher orbit. After that I will launch a newer, slightly heavier tug (bigger and fixed RCS system, more SAS power, improved IVA visibility) which will carry with it a crew return vessel for the extra crew I am accumulating at Minmus right now.

The old space station and tug are to be mothballed. I'll be sending along a remote control pod so I can activate the thing in an emergency, and sending it up to a higher orbit so it wont be in the way.

Assuming I get some craft that work into this program, I want to finally try out the Kethane jet engines, which means I'm sending an expedition to Duna I think. Ike will have to do for Kethane mining and I'd like to do my first tests on a planet where I already have a ship that will be on hand that can land and ascend from Duna with very little modification (it will need to attach a hitch hiker with some landing gear). Fun day planned out.

I uploaded the newest episode of my ongoing mission to circumnavigate Kerbin on a rover, no mods, no cheats, permadeath. Because hardcore.

New episodes every sunday, subrcribe if you have a youtube "thingy".

Today I learnt how to use Mechjeb and I love it.

I can already dock and I've been experimenting with it to semi-automate routine tasks such as refuelling my space station and sending up replacement crew.

macollo that launcher is about 5 times bigger than anything i've ever built... How is the staging for the top part? i can see a couple sections in there but can't quite tell if it's more than 1 lander.

I'm gonna tell you the secret to building super huge rockets: Try stuff, occupationally, by magic, the design will get to orbit more often than disintegrating on the launch pad XD

The part that tapers into to the 1.25 meter sizes is the heatshield. Above that is the earth return stage that is left in orbit around mars.

The lander is multistaged.When it takes off it ditches the legs, life support modules and parachutes, and then there is a second stage that boosts it into orbit (getting into orbit on mars is like Kirbin.

Any thoughts on what you can see of my first miner design? All i wanted it to do was be able to land, refuel, and come home. My first experiment with Kethane went pretty well i think =)
The way you set up the engines confused me at first XD. I had to look at it for a while to understand what was going on. http://i.imgur.com/olsibn8.png

I'm totally OCD about fuel efficiency, so I will point out that you could return from almost anywhere in the whole kirbin system by landing the mass of just those two nuclear engines =P

Today I accidentally deleted my career save.... :( I decided after I started another to put life support mods on hold for now while I get used to interplanetary missions first, and will try out robotics again for some ideas I came up with last night. Be careful where you click. Lol