What did you do in KSP1 today?

Xeldrak

That's hilarious.

Nothing new. Tis fun to do that on the Moons. Minmus you can get escape velocity from main sails. On Duna. One main sail can get you high enough up so that the Kerbal can finish the orbit off with his EVA pack. Well Gilly Kerbals just need to jump. Have not tried placing a cannon on it yet to fire a Kerbal off. Most likely the will Leave Eve's SOI. Or the Very lest make it very far out unless they are heading towards Eve.

Last night I flew this SSTO craft: C765E4D6EB2D84D2C01D673173F51BE7A3EBDE65

As you can see it has tipped wings going down which made flying intresting when turning. It kept rolling to one side or the other. Now I know if it was even with the rest it would have had no problems at all. But, I wanted to try out a craft similar to SG-1s Death glider design. Still.. It flies nice on Kerbin and can land as well even at strange angles. =^.^=

The Prometheus mk2 is performing a rendezvous with Kerbal Station after aerobraking ~10k dv from a warp 5 return from Eeloo. MET ~8 days. The mk2's shakedown mission performed excellently to put it mildly, bringing back more science to pad the reserves.

GbOzXMk.png

Tested my Munar orbiter. First time round the controls locked in the capture burn for some reason, I hit x but nothing happened. By the time I'd throttled down with shift I was on a collision course. Killed the game and restarted to go back to my last save that time.

Second time round the controls were fine but I still mucked up the capture burn and got a periapsis of just over 2km. I watched as the mountains got closer and closer before chickening out and burning straight up. That put periapsis behind me, but below the surface, so I slightly panicked and wasted the last of my fuel in a futile prograde burn. Leaving Jeb to get out at apoapsis and push the capsule into a stable orbit.

So I had to rescue him. Made the revised Munar orbiter, with slightly more fuel and a much improved launcher, and performed the rendezvous without a hitch. Who needs RCS?

Orbiter I'm now happy with. Lander probably wants further testing. And I've learnt to give a decent safety margin on my delta-vs.

I built an F-15. Looks good, and flies... but not very well. Of course, that may very well be due to operator error.

Completely bone-stock, just with a little part clipping.

I wanted to just have the horizontal stabilizers as the sole control surfaces for aesthetics, but that was definitely way too little.

Also, the standard jet engine looks closer to the real thing, it's just way underpowered.

Javascript is disabled. View full album
Edited by zeppelinmage

Oh God I had a hard time today. So I had to send my new Mun base up in pieces, and since this was a land-based refueling station i needed a large tank for fuel storage. Problem was, i designed the station with the large docking port on top.... Since i already had it landed i had to land the tank ON TOP OF THE BASE! First i tried a straight on landing, couldn't do it. then i went to landing nearby and RCS-ing it on top. Took me about 30 tries, with my funky controls, low on RCS and the fact that the docking port liked to pop off at every opportunity. Glad i got that over with....

Base came out well, has 4 fuel transfer rovers so i just land things, drive up and refuel and take back off, Transferring around Kerbin, then the Mun again. No need to worry about refueling in orbit.

That's hilarious.

If you liked it, here is a simplified version that shot the volunteer over 5km http://www.twitch.tv/othuyeg/c/3875148

Nothing new. Tis fun to do that on the Moons. Minmus you can get escape velocity from main sails. On Duna. One main sail can get you high enough up so that the Kerbal can finish the orbit off with his EVA pack. Well Gilly Kerbals just need to jump. Have not tried placing a cannon on it yet to fire a Kerbal off. Most likely the will Leave Eve's SOI. Or the Very lest make it very far out unless they are heading towards Eve.

It could be an idea to place a cannon on minmus on top of a rover and use it to launch probe cores across the solar system. Could be a nice way to give your ion powered probes that extra push as they are launched into interplanetary space. (nope, propably wouldn't work, but still... an idea.)

Edited by Othuyeg

By dint of docking 4 or 5 tugs together and shuffling leftover fuel around, I retrieved my stranded gas station attendant from Jool orbit and got him down on Vall, which allowed the kethane to start flowing to Laythe 16,000 units at a time.

Tested my Munar orbiter. First time round the controls locked in the capture burn for some reason, I hit x but nothing happened. By the time I'd throttled down with shift I was on a collision course. Killed the game and restarted to go back to my last save that time.

Second time round the controls were fine but I still mucked up the capture burn and got a periapsis of just over 2km. I watched as the mountains got closer and closer before chickening out and burning straight up. That put periapsis behind me, but below the surface, so I slightly panicked and wasted the last of my fuel in a futile prograde burn. Leaving Jeb to get out at apoapsis and push the capsule into a stable orbit.

So I had to rescue him. Made the revised Munar orbiter, with slightly more fuel and a much improved launcher, and performed the rendezvous without a hitch. Who needs RCS?

Orbiter I'm now happy with. Lander probably wants further testing. And I've learnt to give a decent safety margin on my delta-vs.

Did you run out of electricity on the dark side of the moon?

Today, I finished the next chapter of the Kerbal Khronicles, and moved on to the image work to go with it.

I had done quite a bit with one of the images, but one thing I neglected to do was hit that SAVE every few minutes. As a result, naturally, Photoshop saw an opportunity to honor Murphy and flush all my work down the drain with a random crash it had never done before.

Of course, there's no autosave feature in Photoshop CS5.1. Thanks Adobe. Thanks very much. Grrrr...

Did you run out of electricity on the dark side of the moon?
I don't think I could have. The engine was an LV-T30 so would have been running its alternator, and anyway it was a manned ship so AIUI running out of electricity will lose me my attitude control but not my throttle.

In this case I lost WASD and X, but Ctrl (not Shift, that was an error!) still throttled me down. Which makes me think it was either a bug in KSP or a stuck key on the keyboard.

I finished work on my giant Gateway Station.

5vxgJQy.png

The habs are porkjet's and the giant solar arrays are from Near Future Propulsion.

I just need to send crew to it now, and I'm considering moving it to geosynchronous orbit.

Using KW rockets and joint reinforcement, I made a moderately sized rocket.

Apparently, it's just the struts that make the rocket magically fall apart, so I didn't use any.

superN1.jpg

It actually flies, and it's quite reliable =P

superN1stage1.jpg

superN1stage2a.jpg

Edited by maccollo

Haven't you read the Supervillain's Handbook? This is where you're supposed to twirl your mustache and gloat.