What did you do in KSP1 today?

Xeldrak

I concluded my Minmus Kethane Expedition by docking the ship to my station in MKO. It was an absolute pig of a docking taking three attempts, and shamefully I was only able to do it with the Navball Docking Alignment Indicator.

14360043092_13cf1d5f61_o.png

The docking connection is just between the reactors on the ship and the pair of monoprop tanks on the station. The ship had RCS only fore-and-aft, and main engines thrusting laterally. Add in the ship being 100 tons and pretty slow to respond to pitch and yaw, and the "target prograde" marker being incredibly unstable.

With a tankful of kethane at the station and the ship ready for another mission, I then returned the four crewmembers and a load of science in one of my science return capsules:

14174994170_bdc596ac8e_o.png

Full album: https://www.flickr.com/photos/52548818@N05/sets/72157644688356583/

I've been testing designs for a very large rover / base for the Mun. This is not going to end well. How am I even going to get it there when I'm finished? I have no idea.

KSP2014-06-0621-21-46-88.jpg~original

Edit: Well I scrapped that idea pretty quickly but I sent up a tiny probe to my ship waiting patiently in orbit to go to Jool. I think I might send up at least one more and another science pod because I have an idea. I'd like to drop one on Jool (transmit atmospheric data) and one on Laythe, then go land on whatever other moons I can hit. I may be able to land on Laythe but I'll have to see if I have the DV in my lander. I'd LIKE to drop a science Jr and two goo pods on both (Jool and Laythe) with the probes, but I'd have to deorbit with RCS because of how they're built if I do that and I'm not sure if it's possible or practical. OR I could drop the probe while aerobraking and hope for the best.

KSP%202014-06-07%2001-54-12-84.jpg

Edited by Duke23

So many people complain about losing ships due to mods being incorrect or crashing. I made a simple batch file that I run before I start the game each time that copies the entire save to another folder. Easy to fix if something goes wrong!

I went out on my first asteroid redirect mission. Flew waaaaaay out of kerbin's SOI to grab a class E. After hours of timewarping and burning finally got it back to Kerbin.

Prepared to aerobrake (yeah, aerobrake a class E asteroid. I didn't have much fuel left)...

and then the kraken ate the asteroid and the tug. No matter how many times I tried to reload, the outcame was the same. Kraken noms.

An entire evening spent trying to haul a giant spacerock to a stable orbit, all gone.

Feeling a bit pissed right now.