What did you do in KSP1 today?

Xeldrak

No pics, but I returned Tomory, Gersey and Adly from Kerbol orbit (they had been drifting in a botched transfer mission from Minmus that got ejected into solar orbit by Mun) They have been orbiting Kerbol for 34 years now. Finally they're back.

I landed on the Mün. Nothing special.

I also created my first working plane. I surprised myself, as normally I am horrible at building things with wings.

My first plane was made in the vab and had four wings to make it easier to fly at any angle. I then moved it to the sph folder and added parachutes there. I flew it like a rocket though... Was your plane better than that? Show pics.

Was within an in-game hour of losing a Kerbal due to life support depletion while orbiting Mun. Used my remaining dV to make a bee-line back to Kerbin before he died... entered the atmosphere at about 3500 m/s and somehow, amazingly, Douki Kerman landed and survived with no more than a few seconds remaining before he died. Whew. Close call.

IRC, I blame you entirely.

https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8598/15929893262_308fbc8d8e_c.jpg

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7515/15744739427_47bdbb9e3d_c.jpg

https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8592/15744780167_6e6f123060_c.jpg

https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8646/15310885933_54f102381d_c.jpg

Now someone build the things to land it on :P

( also are there any better IR hinges for folding wings? I can't get them to fold up flush no matter how much I fiddle ).

That looks so much like something I saw on Thunderbirds...I really didn't think something like that would fly.

Successfully launched my first rocket to the Mun, in my first career ( with less rewards than normal and no respawning crew ).

I set up a free return trajectory, but the capsule returned with a high inclination and in the opposite direction as Kerbin's rotation... but don't worry, Bill is safe!

Moreover, I'm fighting against some memory issues and my thread about them is kinda ignored by all :(

Edited by Agost

That looks so much like something I saw on Thunderbirds...I really didn't think something like that would fly.

That is more or less what you saw on Thunderbirds, and nobody ( including me! ) thought it would fly either... was terribly surprised when I was building it and it looked like it might work!

fireflash_by_stick_man_11-d6w09tr.jpg

Spent a couple of hours trying to complete the Day 2 objectives for the Kadvent Kalendar challenge with a VTOL craft that was A) a bit too big for the job as it turned out and B) crappy, crappy, crappy - given that the auto-shutoff sequence I'd added didn't work owing to symmetry issues (if you take it off even on accident, you still have to go back and reset all of the action groups). Didn't help that I kept on trying to hit the wrong button. Must've made half-a-dozen attempts at least to land on the astronaut building before I ran out of time for the evening.

Day 3's challenge is looking much easier.

I finally perfected my large rover, that includes the ability to land on the Mun from orbit, go up to 60 mph on Kerbin, perform all sorts of science, dock with the science lab I have on the Mun, provide thrust for getting up particularly steep terrain, etc. Tested it all out and it worked great.

Then my computer was acting weird, going slow. I shut it down and it just hung there at the shutdown screen for half an hour, so I hit the power button. Now whenever I boot it up it can't find the OS.

Not a good morning.

I've abandoned my 'Algernon' project. It's long story, but it boils down to a parts count issue... things didn't go as I'd hoped. I have a few pictures I was going to post, but I'm rather displeased with Imgur... I find it a pain in the butt to use. So, apologies for that as well, as I've deleted the Imgur account, so anything I'd put up previously is now a dead link.