What did you do in KSP1 today?

Xeldrak

Last night I got a little tug out to Minmus orbit to remove the supplemental fuel tanks I had to strap onto my station to get it out there, then return them safely to Kerbin. The recovered funds were probably not worth it, but I did not want my Minmus orbit cluttered with debris. I used a reusable SSTO booster to get the tug up there, and have done a few more launches with it since then. It has so far proven its worth and value a few times over. Here is a picture of it returning from Low Kerbin Orbit:

NLs8Ryo.jpg?1

Yoooo, that's the Corvette! I didn't think anybody else here knew about that.

I actually tried to build one of them back in the souposphere. It went about as well as yours did.

heh, you even used the same render I did. Yours came out much better, tho. Forgot the engines were in the wing stub things like that. Need to watch it again.

heh, you even used the same render I did. Yours came out much better, tho. Forgot the engines were in the wing stub things like that. Need to watch it again.

I think the books would be a better resource, if you can find a copy (they're so good man, mak u cry every tim). You see more of the corvette in them than in the movie.

Yaknow... If your Corvette worked in FAR, there's a pretty good chance it would work in the new aero model as well. Maybe it's time to revisit that design. I bet the Mk 3 parts would work as a good proxy for the main body of the plane... Time to do some tinkering!

The DORK took Kerburry and Meglin to the Duna Pyramid. I could be mistaken, but it seems the SSTV signal is now extremely redshifted so all you hear is a faint, very deep, irregular throbbing noise. Either that or it no longer exists and my ears were playing tricks on me.

19980098174_86c9d0771e_b.jpg

I think the books would be a better resource, if you can find a copy (they're so good man, mak u cry every tim). You see more of the corvette in them than in the movie.

Yaknow... If your Corvette worked in FAR, there's a pretty good chance it would work in the new aero model as well. Maybe it's time to revisit that design. I bet the Mk 3 parts would work as a good proxy for the main body of the plane... Time to do some tinkering!

I've got the big shiny collector's edition of the manga... but for some reason I just couldn't really get into it. But, I'm also so old that "Warriors of the Wind" will always be the original story for me even though I know what a horribly act of butchery it was (heresy, I know).

I s'pose the design does have some potential, it did get off the ground after all. I think it's mostly stock with a couple of procedural parts, lemme see if I can figure a way to post the craft file. Maybe someone with more skill and less dislike for Kerbal aircraft could do it justice :D

Arrived at New Horizons' innermost gas giant, Moh. At 21km/s...

I could see (the moon) Moho as my probe passed, but I wasn't really prepared for that level of braking requirement. IIRC that was faster than the Pluto New Horizons went past... luckily my target was a lot bigger and I had time to snap some low-space science ^^;

qgWLOdZ.jpg

...but never fear! About 200 days and it's back with another encounter - with any luck, a bit slower! :)

- - - Updated - - -

So I made this hideous copy of a thing... and reminded myself I really don't have the patience for making hideous copies of things, I'd best stick to hideous not-copies of things. Reps to anyone who can guess what it is.

Does it relate to Nausicaa, perchance?

I spent some time today trying to build a shuttle-like spacecraft out of Mk-2 spaceplane parts. This was my latest and most successful attempt:

R2NAKYm.png?1

The new crew shuttle prototype.

The craft is able to reach space, and with some effort, reach orbit, but I'm finding some issues with the design. Noteably, the center of mass and center of thrust start to send the spacecraft in cartwheels not long after the shuttle clears the atmosphere. I'm forced to jettison the core booster before it exhausts its fuel and rely on the shuttle's onboard fuel to reach orbit... which so far leaves the shuttle with too little fuel for a safe re-entry and landing. And if I'm not careful when jettisoning the booster, this happens:

w3bBV23.png?1

An early failure... during a "computer simulation". No actual kerbals were harmed. Honest.

I'm considering alternate booster designs, and might test those in the coming week. But I hope to resolve this problem soon... I'm at the limit with what I can do with capsules, and really want a better option for delivering more than 3 kerbals to orbit.

Bill reinforced the connection between the habitat module and the science lab aboard Skylab 1...

IHoaj2p.png

During the course of the EVA, he passed over the KSC...

YI76cDu.png

Further activities included the removal of the RCS clusters, small solar panels, batteries, and MechJeb unit used by the habitat module for docking with the main laboratory module. The RCS, MechJeb, and batteries were later reused to give command and control to an almost-spent upper stage, allowing it to be safely deorbited. The next flight up will also carry a similar suite of parts to be used on another nearly-spent stage, removing the last bits of space junk in close proximity to the Skylab station.

The craft is able to reach space, and with some effort, reach orbit, but I'm finding some issues with the design. Noteably, the center of mass and center of thrust start to send the spacecraft in cartwheels not long after the shuttle clears the atmosphere. I'm forced to jettison the core booster before it exhausts its fuel and rely on the shuttle's onboard fuel to reach orbit... which so far leaves the shuttle with too little fuel for a safe re-entry and landing.

Tilt the skipper a bit so that it's balanced during the late stage (you might also want to move it a bit towards the craft). Then put the side booster slightly further from the craft to balance the early ascent. I've made one Buran-style Mk2 spaceplane to work this way (by using the same balancing Energia had).

Sent a shuttle to my small outpost on Serran, also from the New Horizons mod. It can get from LKO to the surface of Serran on it's initial fuel load, but must refuel both at the outpost on the surface and at the station in orbit of Serran to make it back.

vONPb0g.png

And here's the launcher. All engines are from my own mods. Fuel tanks from Necrobones Fuel Tanks Plus.

Edited by Randazzo

Released the KerbalWagen - inspired by the early Volkswagens and the Mini Cooper, this affordable compact car seats 4 astronauts.

C3doEt3.jpg

D3rGsj6.jpg

Craft Thread:

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/131697-KerbalWagen-Das-Auto-Affordable-cars-for-all-Kerbals-Compact-yet-seats-4-in-comfort?p=2140804#post2140804

I have launched 3 Kerbals to Duna Transfer Vehicle and they went on their way to Duna. It is my first ever craft powered by nuclear engines and those are also my first ever Kerbals to be sent out of Kerbin SOI.

SaGbQdb.png

Vljux8l.png

GeTGSB7.png

After their transfer burn was completed there came time for Eve surface station to enter Eve's SOI. But when I switched to the craft Kraken decided that it had different plans today and deleted my craft. Luckly it was unmanned so no lives have been lost.