What did you do in KSP1 today?

Xeldrak

Wow... what did I do today??? Words can't describe..... :D

Yesterday I build a new ship "The Pride of Jool" and sent it to explore the moons of Jool.

This morning Bob was re-setting the Goo tank and spotted something on the surface of Bop from nearly 33,000 meters... too big to be a roock.

I'll let the pictures tell the rest of the story....

EbWrEVD.png

6JJ5vRs.png

a6UfAMK.png

FWNbZsa.png

7KwdcUt.png

OHlIsV0.png

This. This is what I did in KSP today. Ladies and Gentlemen, I am proud to present: Home 1

XN7SfCY.jpg

NMufu9R.jpg

Very much still a work in progress (this was hyperedited into place), but after literally months of designing, re-designing and re-designing some more, I finally got something I am somewhat happy with (and I finally managed to pull myself together and build it).

I'm pretty pleased with myself now :)

Edited by Cirocco

I finally finished assembling the ring section on Kidonia... except not.

The ring sections are asymmetrical, insofar as the docking port on one end is tilted more than the one on the other end. So when it turned out I'd attached one of the first two segments upside-down, I ended up with the "same" end on two of the last segments pointed toward one another, making it impossible to insert the last segment and close the ring. I'm thus going to have to detach half the ring and turn it around xP

We really need a simple electric propeller in stock. Not so much for Kerbin, but for exploring Eve, Duna, Laythe and Jool. Just one part, doesn't need to be huge.

Agreed. If you've got an atmosphere, it's way better to aviate than to drive, at least in terms of speed and range of exploration before you get bored with it. And it's more fun designing airplanes than rovers IMHO.

Yeah. We used to have ion gliders, but they got nerfed with the 1.0 engine rebalance, so the void for an electric prop is greater than ever. And even NASA have been working on solar-electric aircraft!

Back in KSP, I got my Serran lander to intercept its target then spent the evening doing chicken-mode aerobraking, must have made about a dozen passes. That's what happens when you're playing no quickloading :)

So my Laythe mission has started. The idea is to accomplish 4 objectives at the same time (orbit, science, explore and flag).

Laythe2-01.png

Laythe2-02.png

Probably the heaviest rocket I've ever built. Even using lots of struts I had many problems to put it on orbit.

I installed Ven's Stock Revamp. Where has this mod been all of my life?

Made a quick replica with it, please excuse the lack of fins (I didn't look at any reference pics, just went from memory):

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/61004449/KSP/1.0.4/VSR/screenshot23.png

Be careful, I discovered the parts are not necessarily interchangeable with stock, your craft file wil load but it might not look/work the same.

Managed my first rendez-vous and docking while orbiting Earth:

kM3rbaF.png

After wasting over 1000 m/s during the approach, the two vessel named Romeo and Juliette (yes, imagination is one of my main assets... :rolleyes:) finally docked and their respective pilots exchanged their vessels for the reentry.

Next step: a triple rendez-vous like the Soyuz missions 6, 7 and 8 were meant to do: two vessels docking, and the third taking photos.

So I made this hideous copy of a thing... and reminded myself I really don't have the patience for making hideous copies of things, I'd best stick to hideous not-copies of things. Reps to anyone who can guess what it is.

qnjIVaY.png

DWerK0r.png

GNPz1d7.png

With FAR, it flies about as good as it looks. But it DOES fly. Mostly. Preferably upside-down.

This is my second collaborative KSP build - the K-150 Kraptor S3 fuel cell powered all terrain hooning vehicle, chassis design courtesy of BlueCanary

c8vQbIq.jpg

a5wkisu.jpg

Details and craft file here:

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/131253-Ford-Kraptor-Pickup-Truck-Low-part-airdrop-capable-ejection-seats?p=2139825&viewfull=1#post2139825

So I made this hideous copy of a thing... and reminded myself I really don't have the patience for making hideous copies of things, I'd best stick to hideous not-copies of things. Reps to anyone who can guess what it is.

http://i.imgur.com/qnjIVaY.png

http://i.imgur.com/DWerK0r.png

http://i.imgur.com/GNPz1d7.png

With FAR, it flies about as good as it looks. But it DOES fly. Mostly. Preferably upside-down.

Yoooo, that's the Corvette! I didn't think anybody else here knew about that.

I actually tried to build one of them back in the souposphere. It went about as well as yours did.