TT's Mod Releases - Development suspended till further notice

TouhouTorpedo

• 2 weeks later...

Multiwheels works fine in .23 from what I've tested. It just doesn't have the career mode tech nodes added in to the configs, so the parts won't show up there. If I hadn't just spent three hours getting all the names out of B9 and other mods for kerbal multiplayer I might even take a crack at putting them in. But I'm tired of staring at text, and when I'm at that point I'll start getting sloppy :)

I'll leave it to someone else to give that a shot...

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/59546146/TTModularWheels-v0.6.2.3_for_0.23.zip

Here are the configs I use for my own MJ compatible version. They are probably not really good placed but atleast all parts should be unlockable that way.

Btw TT, it'd be nice if you could make 4x electric engine, adding 48 engines to a fuel truck is a bit excessive, just to be able to get to 18m/s.

• 4 weeks later...

I ran into a problem with the inline Mk3 docking port today. When selecting to control from it, it does not reorient the navball. Is makes it difficult to use it for docking. Furthermore, when docking with another vessel, ghost forces tore them both apart. SAS was disabled at this stage, but to no avail. Docking with a much smaller craft proved successful though.

I'd like to share my derp-moment with you. I've been trying to make the Modular Wheels (truck variant specifically) work on my trucks for several days, and they only worked with electric engines. I gave up and thought that maybe the engine resource handling broke in 0.23 or something. But today I fitted the LF-engine on the Scarab by LLL, and it worked! So I tried to troubleshoot the problem again. I hadn't installed the sample crafts from TT originally, so now I added them and had a look at how they're built - which is where i noticed that there are (superfluous) fuel lines running from the fuel tanks to the engines. At that point I literally said "derp", loaded my truck and ran some fuel lines from the tanks to the engines... and it took off! :D

TLDR; fuel lines to the engines

I feel stupid for not figuring it out sooner, but on the other hand it's not exactly intuitive for the engines to ignore fuel crossfeed - and this requirement isn't mentioned in the readme or in the top post of this thread. It's a nice touch, but it should be better documented.

P.S. two diesel engines on a 19t lorry is crazy fast :rolleyes:

Edited by boywithumbrella
p.s.

Anyone make mmultiwheel work with .23 career mode yet?

literally on the same page in the thread as both your questions:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/59546146/TTModularWheels-v0.6.2.3_for_0.23.zip

Here are the configs I use for my own MJ compatible version. They are probably not really good placed but atleast all parts should be unlockable that way.

[snip]

To clarify, the folder within the .zip contains the whole Parts folder of the MMWheels installation, where the configs were edited to appear in the tech tree in career mode. Just overwrite the existing Parts folder of your MMWheels with the one from the linked .zip

Edited by boywithumbrella
snip

Sorry I didn't want to go through and do all the adding my self and i downloaded BloddyRain2k's and looked at the files and just thought they was the same. thanks anyway going to install them and give it a shot.

Edit, Nope don't work, they do show up in the tree though.

Edited by Woodstar

[snip]

going to install them and give it a shot.

Edit, Nope don't work, they do show up in the tree though.

So just in case we still have a misunderstanding about installation (which is what I assume it is, because the wheels work for me):

You have to download the last version of TT Modular Multiwheels (v0.6.2.3 on Kerbal Spaceport) AND BloodyRain2k's tech-tree-modified archive.

First, unpack the TTModularWheels v0.6.2.3.zip (that you got from spaceport) into a folder named TTModularWheels (you have to create it yourself) in your GameData folder.

Next, unpack BloodyRain2k's TTModularWheels-v0.6.2.3_for_0.23.zip and copy the "Parts" folder contained within into the TTModularWheels folder that you created and filled in step 1. In TTModularWheels there will already be a folder "Parts" (among Internals, Plugins, Ships), choose "merge" and "overwrite (all)" when prompted.

tldr; make sure you have the plugin dll as well as the parts

Also, see the problem that I had - sure you have fuel to the engines / power to the wheels?

What exactly do you mean by "the wheels don't work"?

I have the latest IR .dll the wheels look like the are not even modeled right when i tried, but I did not make a folder I just put them in my parts folder. So I will try that way now.

That was the problem I didn't create a gamedata folder, I thought his was stand alone didn't catch i had to overwrite the parts with his, thanks a bunch man!!!

Edited by Woodstar

Does anyone know how to make the cargobays from the Mk3 extension pack toggleable in VAB and the docking port to work with control from here?

Sadly, no. The cargo ays aren't togglable in the VAB and the inline docking port seems to be bugged.

I am really wishing we could get a new version of this made up do date fully, though that's not why I am here at this time.

I tend to lurk normally, and I was wondering, has -anyone- found a way to make the Mechjeb Rover Autopilot work with the wheels from this? I know it works with the default stock wheels, but they are so slow it's driving me crazy..no pun intended, so I was wondering if anyone had figured out how to make them work with it...at least so my rovers could go a bit faster potentially on the waypoint path I set.

I tend to lurk normally, and I was wondering, has -anyone- found a way to make the Mechjeb Rover Autopilot work with the wheels from this? I know it works with the default stock wheels, but they are so slow it's driving me crazy..no pun intended, so I was wondering if anyone had figured out how to make them work with it...at least so my rovers could go a bit faster potentially on the waypoint path I set.

Yup, I did. But TT didn't seem to be interested in that change when I PM'ed him about it.

I also did a lot of other modifications to them like toggles for the brakes, motor and steering and tweakables so you can change these in the editor.

Guess I'll write him a second time and send him the whole thing, maybe he'll take it.

Yup, I did. But TT didn't seem to be interested in that change when I PM'ed him about it.

I also did a lot of other modifications to them like toggles for the brakes, motor and steering and tweakables so you can change these in the editor.

Guess I'll write him a second time and send him the whole thing, maybe he'll take it.

I don't suppose that this is as simple as a module manager cfg? And if so, would you be willing to share it?