[0.90] Procedural Dynamics - Procedural Wing 0.9.3 Dec 24

DYJ

I keep having an issue with these wings, they seem to provide no lift. For example, I launched one of my rocket launched spaceplanes, and when i reentered the atmosphere my spaceplane dropped like a rock, similar to a capsule without wings

From OP: "Reflective support? Reflective FAR support means that to install the FAR version you simply make sure that FAR is installed."

Yeah, I saw that, but unfortunately a) I don't really know what "reflective support" is, and B) in the changelog it says "FAR support is very questionable".

I keep having an issue with these wings, they seem to provide no lift. For example, I launched one of my rocket launched spaceplanes, and when i reentered the atmosphere my spaceplane dropped like a rock, similar to a capsule without wings

Yeah same here, I had a completely empty shuttle with large wings, when I re-entered it flipped around, fell rockets first and dropped to the ground, whereas when I recreated my shuttle without pwings but with stock parts, they created much more lift (I could fly it!) and the wings took up less space

Weird, I'm having no such issues with the procedural wings like you guys are describing.

Mods installed on my end are as follows: Action Group Manager, AIES, ASET's landing capsule, Aviation Lights, B9, Beastly Science, Biomass, BoulderCo (texture compressor and clouds / city lights, a breaking force config fix (for older parts that don't have breaking force set [it defaults way too low]), Crew Manifest, Davon Supply Mod, DavonTCSystems, DRE, Enhanced NavBall, ExsurgentEngineering's DLL, FAR, Firespitter's DLL, Fusebox, FusTek's DLL (for realchute), HexCans (for KSPI and Extraplanetary Launchpads), Home Grown Rocket parts, HullCamVDS, Hyomoto's MFD replacement for the new KN2 cockpit), Ion Hybrid parts, JSI (raster monitors), KAS, KJR, KESA, Kethane, Kinetech Animations (for B9 stuff), Kommit Nucleonics (Fatman NTRs), KSPX, KW Rocketry, LazTek, some of the LLL parts, MagicSmokeIndustries, MJ2 w/ FAR and Toolbar support patches, MJ2 RPM patch, Mission Controller Extended, Spherical / Toroidal tanks, NavyFish's docking port alignment, NearFuture propulsion, Nothke's service module compartments, Novapunch (everything but the fuel tanks), PorkWorks (habitat modules), Procedural Wing, RandomParts (inline ram-air intake and aerospike engine), Chatterer, RCSSounds (on my home PC also atmospheric sounds), RealChute, RealFuels, ResGen DLL, RLA Stockalike parts, Romfarer Lasers, SCANsat, SCANsat's RPM module, SDHI's Service Modules, SelectRoot, SH_Mods (the KN2 cockpit), StationScience, Stretchy Tanks, Targetron, Tarsier Space Technologies, TACLS, TAC Fuel Balancer, Treeloader, Kerbal Alarm Clock, VNG eject module and personal Kerbal chutes, VOID, WaLiKe parts, and KSP Interstellar.

I should really copy that somewhere, I think it's too long to add to my signature though. >.>

Yeah same here, I had a completely empty shuttle with large wings, when I re-entered it flipped around, fell rockets first and dropped to the ground, whereas when I recreated my shuttle without pwings but with stock parts, they created much more lift (I could fly it!) and the wings took up less space
*cough* what about the offset Center of Lift in the VAB with strongly swept P-Wings?

Might be the same problem. I downloaded this mod recently, then wondered why the plane I designed kept spinning out and crashing. Turns out the CoL was in a ridiculous place (at the base of the wings) and my plane was V-shaped, so that didn't work out well...

This could have been caused by many things. FAR recently added lifting body support, which certainly changes how shuttles react to reentry. My own shuttle WILL flip over if I deviate from the prograde vector by more than 10 degrees. Also, empty shuttles are more prone to flip over suring reentry, due to balance and drag issues. I do not think that PWings has anything to do with the issues that I just discussed.

Hmmm :/ I don't know what it could be then, I did what was said to fix CoL placement, still doesn't work

Edit: regarding CoL placement, how the heck am I meant to know where my CoL is?

I have a plane with procedural wings, when I pick them up the CoL moves when I put them back down it goes back, then i put procedural control surfaces on and the CoL changes again, I pick them up and the CoL moves, How am I supposed to know which one is which?

Edited by Boamere

The allmoving canard type p-wing isn't retaining it's shape when launching, i sculpt it into the perfect elevator for an f-22, i go to click launch, and when i see my craft on the runway the allmoving wing is square, any fix?

That really shouldn't happen, any errors in the log?

also:

686SLQw.png

so.. any help/ideas? really want to finish my f-22 :)

You'll have to give us the full output_log.txt It's located under KSP_Data, if I remember correctly.

Just start up the game, go to hangar, load up F22, launch, make sure error popped up, then revert and exit game, find the output_log.txt, copy the file and put it in dropbox, or something else. The output_log is too big to just paste here.

@ Krist

KerbPaint Has support for pWings, at least the earlier parts.

@darcgekco

You mean a wingpanel without wing properties? That can be done by changing "isWing= true" to false.

@camlost

Like Deltac pointed out there is nothing special with that cockpit, the wing with toggle-able controlsurface slots is what's interesting.