[0.23.5] Spherical and Toroidal Tank Pack (Updated 05/02/14) (New download link)

Talisar

You can change it in the config file, that's what I've done. You can look at the stock version for inspiration :)

I could be wrong, but I think the mass of the couplers is to help keep the tank from wobbling off of the attachment points. I seem to remember in another parts thread about how changing the mass of parts to be lower actually causes the physics system in KSP to treat attachment nodes as weaker.

What I've been told is that the wobble on a joint between two parts is determined based on their relative masses, the breakForce and breakTorque only relate to under what conditions the joint fails entirely.

• 2 weeks later...
I just looked through this whole thread and i am shocked that NOBODY made THIS:

-snip-

EDIT - I shall now go and hide.

is it wrong that the first thought that crossed my mind wasn't "flame the person who made the bad joke", but instead it was "hmm.... I would have used the medium tanks."

This may have been answered somewhere in the last 24 pages, but regarding the large spherical tank - Why does it hold so much fuel? based on relative size in game it looks like it should be closer to 10000 units than over 17000. (with similar ratios on the oxidizer of course)

This may have been answered somewhere in the last 24 pages, but regarding the large spherical tank - Why does it hold so much fuel? based on relative size in game it looks like it should be closer to 10000 units than over 17000. (with similar ratios on the oxidizer of course)

A lot of math has gone into configuring the amount of resources contained in these spherical tanks, and it is all available in this thread yes

Much of it can be found in the pages surrounding this post, which is a good summary of the end of it calculations.

.http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/showthread.php/30673-0-20-0-Spherical-Fuel-Tank-%28v1-6%29?p=406987&viewfull=1#post406987

TL;DMath - Spheres are missleadingly much much larger than cylinders.

Edited by Greys

Yep, i love this pack. I've already put the ridiculously massive 96000u kethane tank to good use :D I'm currently thinking about landing one at my EPL base on Duna so i never have to worry about running out of storage room..haha

dave4002000: you have an EPL base at Duna and want to land a monster tank there?!? (14t of clumsiness) Build it on Duna (on wheels (or better, tracks) if necessary) and then just move it to a convenient spot.

Heck, just this morning I was thinking about how to get a launch pad to Minmus (I did come up with a launcher that worked, but ick) and then I realized I could use the OC mod to build one in Minmus orbit, and then I need only land it (though if OC supports landed construction...).

dave4002000: so fly out a modified SpaceDock :) I've just posted a ModuleManager config fragment to the orbital construction thread, but here it is anyway. It makes the SpaceDock convert RocketParts to SpareParts (adding another entry to go the other way would be trivial).

@PART[SpaceDock] {
MODULE {
name = KethaneConverter
SourceResource = RocketParts
TargetResource = SpareParts
ConversionEfficiency = 1
SourceConsumption = 2
PowerConsumption = 10
}
}

Yep, i love this pack. I've already put the ridiculously massive 96000u kethane tank to good use :D I'm currently thinking about landing one at my EPL base on Duna so i never have to worry about running out of storage room..haha

Haha yea ive got a base im building on minimus. I currently have one of those huge kethane tanks, plan to have 3, and i attached green nav lights to it, when the sun is hidden the base looks freaking awesome thanks to these tanks. (Landing them was kind of a bear, not to mention relocating them with a crane with next to no gravity, Im able to land them about 1 km away from my base consistantly)

dave4002000: so fly out a modified SpaceDock :) I've just posted a ModuleManager config fragment to the orbital construction thread, but here it is anyway. It makes the SpaceDock convert RocketParts to SpareParts (adding another entry to go the other way would be trivial).

Oh, don't get me wrong. I know there are plenty of easier ways to do it. I just wanted to see if i could actually figure out out a way to land 70tons of storage tanks on Duna..haha

Hey Talisar, can you add tanks with 3.75m and 5m attachment points? I want fueltanks for my latest concept, the KEV-010 Kadmos II (Named in honor of the AAR that featured a craft of similar name, also powered with a Z-Pinch fusion engine, link here http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/showthread.php/27214-AAR-Jool-of-Kerbol-system-or-There-and-Back-Again?highlight=Jool ) I don't have picks, but that's because I need a part. And such a spherical tank would give me massive amounts of DeltaV. Not that I am directly requesting custom fueltanks, just requesting (at the very least) some advice on how to mod the .cfg for the current largest one of these tanks and make it MUCH bigger. Cuz bigger is better!

Edited by Fox62

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.