New to the Kerbal space program

palker

Hello, I bought this game just a few days ago after I downloaded the demo on steam and i can say it is absolutely amazing and quite addictive.

After going through the training 2 times (both demo and full game) I started building my own rockets and planes. My first achievement was putting a satellite on the orbit around kerbin after that I managed to design and my own probe and rocket and fly it to the Mun and after that to Minmus where i left it in orbit (took me quite a few tries and amusing failures caused by bad staging forgetting to decelerate time etc.).

Currently i am trying to put a Kerman on the moon and it is proving to be a quite difficult task. Almost did it yesterday but again i failed to decelerate the time and smashed the rocket into the Mun. The rocket I am using to launch the missions is pretty unreasonable as well. It is like 30th iteration on the design which i started just to see if it will fly (many explosions and dead Kermen happened before this). Not the most efficient design but fun to look at during launch.

C4355F8EA628C9C2DBFA349F2BD7DE2A771FE6D8

I also build a space plane that can fly almost 2/3 around the Kerbin before it runs out of fuel. I have still some problems with it though, like for example fuel is not pumped equally out of both sides (plane has separate fuel tanks for left and right side). For some reason when right engine run out of fuel there were still 50 units on the left side. I guess i will just connect both fuel systems that should solve the problem. Also i cannot figure out how to make the jet engine run above 20 km as they will always flame out at that altitude sending the aircraft into a deadly flat spin because one engine always works a split second longer.

Overall this must be the best game ever made infinite replay value, always challenging and hilarious, also Kermans are super cute I love the faces they make during the flights..

Yeah, the highest you can go is around 20KM, unless you glitch a ton of intakes into one another. But that doesn't feel right... :)

Nahh, you don't have to glitch them. You just have to be REALLY creative with how and where you get them on. It's possible to have a legitimate looking 30-45KM-capable spaceplane.

Efficiency? Bah! Time to care for efficiency will come later. For now enjoy your flying behemots and pretty fireballs they create :D Soon you will be tweaking them, slimming down your designs and presto - efficiency.

welcome to the addiction, err, I mean game. WARNING: KSP may cause sleep deprivation and ORD (obsessive rocket disorder).

Sounds like you're are on the right tracks thou with what you've done so far, getting working planes can be extremely tricky. happy landings :)

Way to learn... CRASH A LOT. Seriously, you learn more by doing things wrong than doing them right.

If you do need some help though, just check out my sig that has some good info from a couple of guys on this forum... They have collected the tutorials together to make a one stop shop (well, two stop here lol).

Welcome to the asylum that is KSP.

Checked out the update and Kerman dudes now have stats one of them being stupidity. One of my Kermans on the way to the moon has that particular bar almost completely full :D .

About the plane: i think you are encountering this problem because you used on one side the mk 1 fuel tanks, while on the other side the mk 1 fuselage, which has less fuel. Try to rebuild this part of the plane making sure to use the same piece of the other half. (I apologise for all english related errors)

please let me know if this helped

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.