[0.22] Ion Hybrid Electric Pack 30.08.13 --- Soon FKSP!!! See Development Monitor

EPD

What do you want us to do next? Propositions for next release or Part Packs  

4 members have voted

1. 1. What do you want us to do next? Propositions for next release or Part Packs

• More parts in Ion Hybrid Elec Pack. (solar panels,more engines,new technologies)
    • Standard parts (fuselage,tanks,luq enignes,chassis) in future design as Ion and Hybrid engines
    • Base/station parts, PODs, and other "structural" parts.

I had to stop trying to use them because I couldn't get anything to stay attached to them. Particularly the large hybrid ion (the cylindrical 2.5m one). Nothing would stay attached to the top of it, even with the Kerbal Joint Reinforcement mod.

I had to stop trying to use them because I couldn't get anything to stay attached to them. Particularly the large hybrid ion (the cylindrical 2.5m one). Nothing would stay attached to the top of it, even with the Kerbal Joint Reinforcement mod.

Thats interesting... I will take a closer look on it

• 2 weeks later...

Whats even more interesting is that this just started happening to me in my older .21 install - I had a large SSTO that previously worked and now the 2 large hybrids on the back fall off before I even turn them on lol. Again that's with my older install - I'm redownloading this for my .22 install.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi I would really love to see some kind of xenon rcs module. I usuially find that regular rcs is more than enough torque anyway so something that could be lighter and less spazy would be great.

Hi I would really love to see some kind of xenon rcs module. I usuially find that regular rcs is more than enough torque anyway so something that could be lighter and less spazy would be great.

Can't be done without a plugin, sadly. RCS thrusters only accept one kind of propellant.

I don't know, this seems a tad bit OP to me. Is it just me? I like ion engines though.

They're not that overpowered, actually. They've got better Isp than nukes, but use a tripropellant and electricCharge, necessitating solars and large batteries.

They're not that overpowered, actually. They've got better Isp than nukes, but use a tripropellant and electricCharge, necessitating solars and large batteries.

Or alternatively KSP Interstellar or similar scale power plants. I could see this pack working well with KSP Interstellar, actually.

I don't know, this seems a tad bit OP to me. Is it just me? I like ion engines though.

If you feel they're overpowered and you don't like that then don't use it. Simple solution and it doesn't even require you to come in here and tell anyone in order to implement the solution.

If other people want to use it, who cares what they do or if they're using something overpowered?

It's their sandbox.

Just a FYI but this pack is not compatible with PartCatalog. While PartCatalog correctly reads and creates a new sub category for this pack, it only populates your whole mod with 4 parts meaning I have to now manually sort through thousands of parts for me to find out what I have just installed.

Sad face: not being entered into the techtree for career mode makes baby Jesus cry!

• 3 weeks later...

I love and hate this thread :( Awesome parts but the wait is a killer lol (Probably well worth it though). Hats off to all the people working on these parts as you guys (and possibly girls) are creating some of the finest parts I have seen. I would honestly kill someone for those VTOL Engines and struts right now lol. Can't wait to see the finished work of all these new designs.

I put a ModuleManager .cfg over here. Completely untested and unbalanced, but it should get all the parts somewhere in the tech tree.

while this is a good setup for the .cfg, it won't work becaus of this: the part names have spaces in them. so instead of

@PART[G60-M Generator]
{
TechRequired = largeElectrics
entryCost = 0
}

it should be something like

@PART[G60-M_Generator]
{
TechRequired = largeElectrics
entryCost = 0
}

but this also needs to be changed in the origional .cfg of each part.

i'll try to get it working, and if i do i'll add a link to my .cfg's.

DONE IT!

you can get the fixed .cfg files that will add all parts to the tech tree RIGHT HERE. (it does require you to have ModuleManager instaled)

copy the IonHybElec_Pack folder inside the rar over the origional folder, abd click "replace all" when you get a warning about duplicate file names. this sill change the internal names of the parts and corectly add all them to the tech tree.

tested for all parts except the ones in the experimental electronics tech node (haven't unlocked that node yet).

Edited by wild_dog

tested for all parts except the ones in the experimental electronics tech node (haven't unlocked that node yet).

You know you could "Cheat" for the sake of trying to see if the mod works by giving yourself 99999 or however many science points you need to unlock it.:huh:

You can do this by going into your save folder and then into your "persistent.sfs" and changing your "sci" value to 99999 (or whatever you want if you want to cheat) and then playing the game and seeing if that tech node is ok.:D

Mind you; you still need a save file to start with.:confused:

I'd advise creating a "dummy" save and just cheating into that "node" then checking to see if everything is ok then deleteing the save and blast off on your merry way to space and beyond.:P

(Be warned i've just joined so sorry if i've just showed myself up as a idiot or a fool.:P)

yea that's true, but the technique i used to get the parts to work is working for the most of them. so i didn't really had a reason to doubt it for the other parts.

those were just parts i couldn't confirm right of the bat, so i added a note saying those wern't tested yet. souldn't be any problem though!

I know this is terrible because I am a noob. I have been working with this mod for 2 days now. I honestly cannot figure out how to turn the engines on. I have searched everywhere online as well. How do you go about activating them. Can the be used on kerbon? Can anyone give me an example. I'm past desperate.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.