Magic Boulder Removed?

Evil Acrylic

Waaaah! Waaaah!

I can't find it so it doesn't exist!

Lol. Get a grip. Look harder.

I'd advise the comments of any youtube video, unless you have evidence we don't.

• 3 weeks later...

I'd love for a dev to confirm if it's there or not, as I have a trio of tiny asteroid interceptors at the ready, sitting on Ike's north pole, and I want to know if it's worthwhile to invest time staring into space to look for the thing.

I`d check myself, only I`m at work. But what`s the orbital period at 15x15 orbit of ike? I`ll set a timer and limit myself to a certain.. reasonable number of orbits before I give up looking for it :)

I have my quicksave.sfs file from when I visited Magic Boulder back in version 0.18.4 (see link in sig). When I open that quicksave in 0.18.4, the Magic Boulder is where it was back then.

When I open that same quicksave in version 0.19 or version 0.20, my ship appears in the correct location orbiting Ike, but I don't see Magic Boulder in the vicinity. So I think it has either been moved or removed.

So it's semi-official then?

The mysterious Magic Boulder felled by the mighty sword of GIT Code Merge!

I'm sure I speak for many that it should be returned. Visiting it is easily one of the most challenging achievements in the game. I was planning to visit it again sometime soon.

I suppose that means the mission is scrubbed :(

I suppose a hotfix purely to bring back the magic boulder is a bridge too far hehe. Not a lot of people would be willing to do a fresh install of all their mods etc just for that..

Plot twist: Nova hid it deep in the code and renamed it, and put it into an inclined off-center Eeloo orbit.

Interesting. I tried the finder code and it works on other things, but doesn't find the boulder, so it's either been removed or renamed. I bet Nova changed it at least partially because of the finder.

Interesting. I tried the finder code and it works on other things, but doesn't find the boulder, so it's either been removed or renamed. I bet Nova changed it at least partially because of the finder.

I think it would still be shown in console [something] Orbit Started:

The name "Magic Boulder" is still in the "level6" file inside the "KSPdata" folder.

Yeah sure the data may be there. However it sounds like it's broken.

Seriously, this is a tragedy. It needs to be fixed!

I want to go to Eeloo so bad now, but I know that I'll probably fail... :(

I never thought Eeloo was too hard to get to. It's kind of like another Moho, except on the opposite side of Kerbin.

/offtopic

Like everyone else has been saying, MB is still in orbit and you can still find it. A guy did a thread on finding it, which I thoroughly enjoyed. I'd link it to you, but it was made pre-forum crash.

I never thought Eeloo was too hard to get to. It's kind of like another Moho, except on the opposite side of Kerbin.

/offtopic

Like everyone else has been saying, MB is still in orbit and you can still find it. A guy did a thread on finding it, which I thoroughly enjoyed. I'd link it to you, but it was made pre-forum crash.

I think I know who you are talking about, but Brotoro did his mission before 0.20 if I remember correctly so it might not be there.

I think I know who you are talking about, but Brotoro did his mission before 0.20 if I remember correctly so it might not be there.

My Magic Boulder mission thread got trashed in the Great Forum Disaster, but I reposted it (link below in my sig).

My Magic Boulder mission thread got trashed in the Great Forum Disaster, but I reposted it (link below in my sig).

I'm sorry, I meant that the mission you did was in version 0.19, not that you didn't have it reposted. Still, you and Nova have kinda confirmed that the magic boulder is no more for whatever reason. I really hope it makes a return. I want to visit it :(.

On a complete, off-topic side note. When you first posted in these forums about the freak accident you had in orbit, I was an ardent opponent against you. I thought you were trolling us all back then. My apologies. Please accept my pizza-roll

I'm sorry, I meant that the mission you did was in version 0.19, not that you didn't have it reposted. Still, you and Nova have kinda confirmed that the magic boulder is no more for whatever reason. I really hope it makes a return. I want to visit it :(.

On a complete, off-topic side note. When you first posted in these forums about the freak accident you had in orbit, I was an ardent opponent against you. I thought you were trolling us all back then. My apologies. Please accept my pizza-roll

Thank you, sir! I didn't mind that people were dubious...it was such a weird occurrence that I couldn't blame them. But it was the inexplicability of it that caused me to come to the Forums looking for an answer...and then I got to meet all you fine people.