[WIP][1.1.3] Large Structural/Station Components [Image Heavy]

How are you doing with your bio-dome? It would fit nicely on the central node ^^

GUwvVqk.jpg

(posted this pic on the space station showcase with a link to yur thread)

Had a bit of modelers block with that, so I'm occupying myself with something different for now. However it will also join this pack of parts so I'll keep you all up to date.

Yeah I'd love to have one even if it's fiddly.

I mean if it's a lot of work for you to re create it you don't have to, I'm sorry. I guess I never saw you mention making it before just that you planned to, I noticed when it disappeared off your plans but I felt bad about saying anything.

I tried making it myself but decided I HATE blender, and have no way to get access to something like 3ds max.

But yeah I would really appricate it, it's like the number one peice I need to make like 50% of the things I try to build in KSP they always look stupid with 6 side hubs and 4 sides unused.

The corner made me think of something I'd like to see. A bent hub, with four nodes at 90 degrees (+), like they are normally, with the other two angled in slightly (<). would let people more easily build habitat rings on space stations, since right now with the parent/child mechanism in the VAB you have to fiddle around quite a bit with lining everything up, and the VAB's radial symmetry doesn't lend itself well to this. could make a few different versions, with different symmetry (and number of bent nodes) for each.

That new UDK-CO4 "Lean" part is something I've been looking for and it looks very promising but I'm not able to attach it anywhere. The nodes snap to the parent part, but it doesn't lock and stays unattached (transparent red). Tried it with a bunch of different parts.

That new UDK-CO4 "Lean" part is something I've been looking for and it looks very promising but I'm not able to attach it anywhere. The nodes snap to the parent part, but it doesn't lock and stays unattached (transparent red). Tried it with a bunch of different parts.

As with any part that I class as "fiddly", you have to remember that the bottom node will always snap properly. So if you try connecting it to a side node, you have to make sure the base is oriented correctly. Try connecting two hubs, side by side, you'll see what I mean.

Hope this helps.

I didnt had much problem attaching those, rotated them until it fits, but it feels like you opened some kind of pandora's box here xD

65q0qIZ.jpg

Behold, the Space Blob!

Now all you need to do is put it in orbit, imagine your kerbals are mice and conduct experiments.

Now all you need to do is put it in orbit, imagine your kerbals are mice and conduct experiments.

And if I can't do it, we can still use it as a children playground for fast food restaurants ^^

´

As with any part that I class as "fiddly", you have to remember that the bottom node will always snap properly. So if you try connecting it to a side node, you have to make sure the base is oriented correctly. Try connecting two hubs, side by side, you'll see what I mean.

Hope this helps.

Indeed, it helped. Will remember your hint about fiddly parts in the future. Thanks for the quick reply and keep up the awesome work.

Well this could get interesting... Has anyone designed a 90o part like this before? I've never seen one.

I think I have seen parts like this in this mod. Didn't like the textures though

I'd like to stop checking this thread, but there's something new each time O.O

These are awesome as usal. The windows are bit big nah? Maybe some space between the edges?

V4Fm2BE.jpg

(learning to texturize, so made a sketch while i was on it)

Edited by Initar

I'd like to stop checking this thread, but there's something new each time O.O

These are awesome as usal. The windows are bit big nah? Maybe some space between the edges?

http://i.imgur.com/V4Fm2BE.jpg

(learning to texturize, so made a sketch while i was on it)

Yeah, I'm playing about with an alternative... I'm not sure I like the width of these parts, I'm a stickler for symmetry and such and they don't feel like they follow the original theme.

I'm a stickler for symmetry and such and they don't feel like they follow the original theme.

I can understand that ^^ . But they don't feel too "out of the place" (is that how its said? >.<")

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.