Apollo Images

FITorion

that's cool. I wish they were all in one zip file I could just download all at once. This will take me a while going image by image.

True...hmmm...actually you can get the entire site in a DVD...visit here: http://www.thespacestore.com/aplusujo.html

And btw, this image has a background story...

Zy3CpiW.jpg

That "fender" is actually a MAP :D The actual LRV fender broke off, so Gene Cernan and Jack Schmitt had to find a creative means to create a fender so that the lunar regolith won't come down showering on them while the rover is driving along. And that repair-job looks pretty KERBALISTIC! :D

Yes, probably the most famous use of duct tape.

If one of the KSP DLCs was very detailed planet surfaces I'd buy it instantly. Right now they're a bit flat and dull; shadows on the moon are too bright, etc.

I had to mess with Firefox settings to enable alt+click = save link as... but now I'm cruising. I'm starting at Apollo 17 and working backward. 200 of 780 Apollo 17 pictures downloaded so far.

I had to mess with Firefox settings to enable alt+click = save link as... but now I'm cruising. I'm starting at Apollo 17 and working backward. 200 of 780 Apollo 17 pictures downloaded so far.

Downthemall is a pretty handy add-on for firefox that lets you download all links on a page, with various filters so you can just download certain extensions.

Yeah, downloading archives is pretty good. I've got a good 20 gb worth of ISS/Shuttle/Mir/Satellite images, though I don't think any normal hosting website would allow me to put them up. :P

Kil: I sincerely hope you are joking.

Also, link up! Right here!

Edited by OtherDalfite

I now have 33.2 GB of Apollo pictures and video. Man that took a long time. I'm not a member of any sort of file sharing place... and I just checked mediafire... they have a 10GB limit... so I don't know when or if or how I'd be able to share this with you all. If anyone wanted it.

I now have 33.2 GB of Apollo pictures and video. Man that took a long time. I'm not a member of any sort of file sharing place... and I just checked mediafire... they have a 10GB limit... so I don't know when or if or how I'd be able to share this with you all. If anyone wanted it.

Unnecessary.

hq.nasa.gov/alsj

Pick a mission.

For example, Apollo 11.

hq.nasa.gov/alsj/a11

Go to image library and select anything there. ALL high resolution scans of uncropped and unedited Apollo photography.

For example, here's a photo of Buzz. Nearly a megabyte.

AS11-40-5866HR.jpg

Unnecessary.

hq.nasa.gov/alsj

Pick a mission.

For example, Apollo 11.

hq.nasa.gov/alsj/a11

Go to image library and select anything there. ALL high resolution scans of uncropped and unedited Apollo photography.

For example, here's a photo of Buzz. Nearly a megabyte.

AS11-40-5866HR.jpg

I know... that's were I got them all from.

A soundstage? These photos were all faked from a base on Mars!

Pffffffpht! Mars?! Listen my cousin's sister's uncle's brother's nephew's 7th grade civics teacher's next door neighbor once lived next to a guy who worked at Area 51 and a Half (even more secret than that other place) and he was told by the Aliens there that the whole thing was done with puppets at Walt Disney studios. That whole "wish upon a star" song and even Spielberg did Disney references in 3rd Encounters. Yah, coming together for you now isn't it? Seriously. Think about it.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.